Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick

I really like bo nix & I don’t know why. If he’s there at 21 pull the trigger. Have I gone insane? But becuz he’s 24 picking him at 21 is not the right choice.
You're not insane - Bo Nix is pretty good. He's a very experienced 24 year old QB with 61 starts (43 - 18). He also has big hands 10.125", but I think we may have some bigger needs at O-line, D-line and CB...

Last edited:
I think that’s a mistake, that player is getting overrated imo.there will be better more physical players on the board, even at that position.

I’ll take Legette over Thomas no doubt
I really like Keon Coleman as well. Watch closely who McD/Grier have in for interviews and which Pro Days they go to. It wouldn’t shock me if we took Xavier Worthy either. I know McD loves that kid

I have no concerns with him being a left tackle Trav.

He’s so balanced with good power out of his stance, has excellent Kung food hands in the trenches and wins a lot of reps just with his hand technique.

He’s athletic as hell, and what I love about him in the run game is he can center an opponent on the run, that is so key with these big men. Zero’ing in on the core of a moving target, Next level type stuff.

I don’t think we’ll have any shot at him, it’s a 1 2 battle who goes first with Alt imo, but if he dropped to 15 I would give up a 3rd next year, perhaps an additional 6th this year
Love it man, thanks

Seems like the early mocks all had or have Alt, Fashanu, and Fuaga as the first ones drafted, with Latham next usually. It’ll be interesting in a few weeks that’s for sure

I still believe our best bet is to trade down, assuming we have a trade partner, and pick up 1-2 more picks. An infusion of younger cheap contracts is much needed. We could probably use 1 draft pick in each area: OG (maybe 2), OT, DT, DE, CB, S, WR, LB, in no specific order. I would also consider a QB in the later rounds for development. Release White and go with Skylar as backup.
Trading down will continue to be what I want them to do.

Now ESPN has Barton to Pittsburgh in this one, and Miami taking a DT. I cannot believe Barton goes this high, and that doesn't seem like a Pitt kind of pick either, but I guess we will see:

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Graham Barton, C, Duke

Although wide receiver was a thought here after the Steelers traded Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh's history of finding talented wideouts beyond the first round and the position's depth in this class made me go another direction. Barton is among the most versatile linemen available, having played left tackle his final three seasons at Duke after playing center as a true freshman. I view him as an interior player in the NFL and a center for the Steelers, as he is arguably the most impressive run-blocker in the class. His versatility, core power and handwork all stood out to me when watching tape.

i

21. Miami Dolphins

Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

The Dolphins just watched Christian Wilkins depart in free agency, but Murphy has some traces of Wilkins in his game as a disruptive interior defender. Murphy had a great season in 2023 with five sacks, but the stats are far from the full story of his impact. He has a unique ability to torque and hold up against the run, and he makes life easier for the players around him.

I really like bo nix & I don’t know why. If he’s there at 21 pull the trigger. Have I gone insane? But becuz he’s 24 picking him at 21 is not the right choice.
Bailey Zappe!!!!!!

In two years at Oregon, everything was different. In an efficiency-heavy system (with a great run game at his disposal), Nix became the best nibbler in college football.

Nix averaged just 6.4 air yards per attempt and 2.6 seconds per pass in 2022-23, and he completed 75% of his passes with an outstanding 87.3 Total QBR. The combination of a new offensive system and further maturation made him a completely different quarterback. Nix's career numbers, then, will only tell so much of a tale.

Most unique traits: Nix's Oregon numbers were extreme enough that, in terms of career averages, he ended up with particularly low figures in terms of average air yardage (7.4, 300th out of 331) and downfield pass attempts (12.4% thrown 20 or more yards downfield, 269th), average pressure (24.0%, 69th) and sack rates (3.0%, 25th), and especially average interception rate (1.3%, 10th). The hero ball side never goes away, but this is most likely what you're going to get at the pro level, too.

Best prospect comps: Bailey Zappe

I really like Keon Coleman as well. Watch closely who McD/Grier have in for interviews and which Pro Days they go to. It wouldn’t shock me if we took Xavier Worthy either. I know McD loves that kid
Bills just traded Diggs. Thank God. Look for them to draft Xavier Worthy Texas. Would be awesome to steal him. I know McD loves Worthy.

No. I would take him as well.

I think they’ll go with a bigger, more physical WR.
I know announcers love to say how quick Josh Allen is to process, but I think he's a tad slower than average in that department.

Which is why Diggs was so instrumental in Allen's success, as a wide receiver who was usually instantly open.

So, what am I getting at? I think Worthy is one of the better receivers at getting open and separating. For Buffalo, I think it would be a good choice. Just my opinion. Guess we'll find out pretty soon now.

I think the perfect prospect for us is Troy Fautanu knowing all our dynamics in play and what his skillset has to offer relative to our needs this year an next year, and the direction we want to go, we have two 3rd round comp picks, lets use one to move up if we can.
It definitely feels like Fauranu is one of the favorites to be our pick. I could also see JPJ. Those two have to be the leaders in the clubhouse from a betting perspective. Mims is prob also close, but hes so Raw coming out, he might remind the FO too much of Austin Jackson to pull the trigger on.

Back
Top Bottom