Sun Life Stadium's New Look | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sun Life Stadium's New Look

You live in New Brunswick, CANADA. You don't even even live in the heat. You sweat walking from your car to your office here in South Florida, it was 81* today, and It's mid January.

Trust me, anybody in their right mind would gladly choose to sit under the hottest Miami sun for 3 hours than sit outside for 20 minutes in Moncton when the feel like temperatures gets down to -50. Let me qualify that by saying if you don't believe it gets hot here in the summer, I also travel to the Caribbean at least once a year, including Miami once in a while.

I'm not against the roof, I think it would slightly add to the enjoyment factor especially if a downpour is forecast, actually, if it helps with the acoustics then I'm all for it, I just can't believe people are using it as an excuse to not go to games.

Anybody demanding a roof should be ashamed of themselves as far as I'm concerned, the players are out there running around in the same conditions and its too much for some fans to just sit in a seat for a few hours? Whats next, an air conditioned tailgating area?

Try tailgating at 10 am... eating and drinking while having fun with other fans then going inside to see your team thrashed. They better improve that stadium and make it more comfortable for fans. After having enough beers, the sun isn't your friend. For the record, I am a therapist that does hippotherapy. I walk about 7 miles a day in the south florida sun so when I go to football games, I want to be in the shade.

Hey Roy, i live just west of you and it does get hot up here.....but it's only a few days a year and it's nothing like Miami.

Try tailgating at 10 am... eating and drinking while having fun with other fans then going inside to see your team thrashed. They better improve that stadium and make it more comfortable for fans. After having enough beers, the sun isn't your friend. For the record, I am a therapist that does hippotherapy. I walk about 7 miles a day in the south florida sun so when I go to football games, I want to be in the shade.

When I go to the Caribbean thats my day, 12 hours a day, everyday for a week.

Hey Roy, i live just west of you and it does get hot up here.....but it's only a few days a year and it's nothing like Miami.

When I went to see a game in October, pining for a roof was as much on my mind as wishing I had 12 toes, it was a complete non-issue. Shouldn't the locals be much more acclimated to the Miami heat than us northerners?

lol I like how the rain/sun wasn't an issue when Miami played at the Orange Bowl. No one complained (lol except the Jets) about the rain/sun in the '82 championship game when Miami shutout the jets 14-0. Now Dolphin fans don't want to be subjected to the elements of an outdoor football game? Gotta be the ONLY team's fans out of all 32 teams that complains about getting wet or hot during a game.

When I go to the Caribbean thats my day, 12 hours a day, everyday for a week.

When I went to see a game in October, pining for a roof was as much on my mind as wishing I had 12 toes, it was a complete non-issue. Shouldn't the locals be much more acclimated to the Miami heat than us northerners?

True but unless your hitting a tanning bed a lot your going to get a nasty sunburn hanging out in the FL sun for 4 hours , and most people that live up here are ghostly white....Anyways i really don't care what they do to Sun Life because we all know that place sucks.

Sun Life Stadium. Cant make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Sh*t Dude. They need a New Stadium in a new Location. Joe Robbie Stadium is an embarrassment.

Don't care what the stadium looks like, I just want to see people there instead of tons of empty bright orange seats.

I live west of " ROY " in Maine and it's just about torture when i go to games in Miami in September or October because of the heat and humidity....and I grew up in Miami so i know what i'm getting myself into so it's not about being tough.... It's about what you're use to, and no one from this far north is going to fly down there and watch a game and not say " OMG it's HOT ! God this S**** " about 100 times each to themselves and their friends/family and not get a nasty sunburn or the ever o' so lovely sun poisoning.
I don't care what happens to the tourists. Just playing.

:)I am accustomed to the heat and the sun, I like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't live in South Florida. Having said that, the air-conditioned tailgating area sounds alright.

:)I am accustomed to the heat and the sun, I like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't live in South Florida. Having said that, the air-conditioned tailgating area sounds alright.

If the waterpark ever gets built how cool would it be to use that as the pregame warmup area one sunday a season.

Back
Top Bottom