Sun Life Stadium's New Look | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sun Life Stadium's New Look

lol I like how the rain/sun wasn't an issue when Miami played at the Orange Bowl. No one complained (lol except the Jets) about the rain/sun in the '82 championship game when Miami shutout the jets 14-0. Now Dolphin fans don't want to be subjected to the elements of an outdoor football game? Gotta be the ONLY team's fans out of all 32 teams that complains about getting wet or hot during a game.

I also think that is probably the most overblown issue with the stadium. We certainly don't need a roof. We play football during some of the best weather of the year. Sure it's hot as hell in September, but what is that . . . 2 home games? Dolfans used to pound there chest at that September homefield advantage, now fans don't like it? I don't understand.

Personally I still think the #1 issue with the stadium is the product on the field. It hasn't been good enough. I think people will be surprised at how full that stadium would get if we were competing for division titles and getting a bye that first week coming home for a playoff game in January. I know for a fact that place would be sold out and loud as hell.

The Marlins needed a roof, because they play in undesireable conditions in the middle of the summer and it rains on top of it and delays the games . . . the Dolphins don't need a damn roof.

I also think that is probably the most overblown issue with the stadium. We certainly don't need a roof. We play football during some of the best weather of the year. Sure it's hot as hell in September, but what is that . . . 2 home games? Dolfans used to pound there chest at that September homefield advantage, now fans don't like it? I don't understand.

Personally I still think the #1 issue with the stadium is the product on the field. It hasn't been good enough. I think people will be surprised at how full that stadium would get if we were competing for division titles and getting a bye that first week coming home for a playoff game in January. I know for a fact that place would be sold out and loud as hell.

The Marlins needed a roof, because they play in undesireable conditions in the middle of the summer and it rains on top of it and delays the games . . . the Dolphins don't need a damn roof.

Not really a roof, the football games will still be subject to the heat and rain.

I always thought the temp. in South Fla. was supposed to be part of our advantage. A dome would cancel that.

I think you would still feel the heat. You would just block out the sun more. Shade and instant sun would be more impacted IMO at times of the day IMO.

And this is about more revenue for the city for super bowls, soccer games, ect it seems to me.

I think you would still feel the heat. You would just block out the sun more. Shade and instant sun would be more impacted IMO at times of the day IMO.

And this is about more revenue for the city for super bowls, soccer games, ect it seems to me.

January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . . but that is just another overblown item. We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

I dunno, if Ross came out and said this is the stadium plans . . . I'd be all for it . . . the fact that the taxpayers are going to have to come outta pocket again after getting burnt by the Marlins . . . I don't see it happening. If Ross is smart, he's puts more resources into getting the product on the field fixed . . . and after some time as passed, maybe the Marlins start competing and he can just come up with a set of plans for a brand new stadium, forget a rennovated one.

He'll have more pull with a winning Marlins and Dolphins team . . . this is almost a joke with the timing.

January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . . but that is just another overblown item. We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

I dunno, if Ross came out and said this is the stadium plans . . . I'd be all for it . . . the fact that the taxpayers are going to have to come outta pocket again after getting burnt by the Marlins . . . I don't see it happening. If Ross is smart, he's puts more resources into getting the product on the field fixed . . . and after some time as passed, maybe the Marlins start competing and he can just come up with a set of plans for a brand new stadium, forget a rennovated one.

He'll have more pull with a winning Marlins and Dolphins team . . . this is almost a joke with the timing.

The most hypocritical thing is the way the nfl tries to pull the wool over the eyes of taxpayers. Isnt it a coincidence that both Santa Clara and Miami need to make stadium upgrades but yet are in the main mix to host the game. wouldnt it make more sense for the NFL to choose stadiums that are already up to their so called standards. Its a big scam to force taxpayers to foot the burden of upgrading the nfl's stadiums along with giving very fairy tale numbers on super bowl economic impact.

They made a good point on wqam that they don't require a roof in New York for a super bowl where they could easily get snowed out in late january but the NFL demands miami put a roof on or no superbowl? it makes no sense.

I never had a problem with the sun at games until the Miami/NC State game. Dear sweet Jesus that game was ****ing hot. I was sitting there fanning myself with those stupid paper fans they give you like a middle aged woman while watching people literally getting carried out the stadium with heat strokes and exhaustion. I have a pretty good background with working in the sun and living in the sun, so its not like I wasnt used to it. It was just ****ing hot. I cant even fathom the reasoning behind not wanting to make the fan experience more comfortable. Its not hurting our homefield advantage at all. Just shading the fans. Only someone who feels like he has to prove something macho would prefer to sit there and bake on those really bad days.

I never had a problem with the sun at games until the Miami/NC State game. Dear sweet Jesus that game was ****ing hot. I was sitting there fanning myself with those stupid paper fans they give you like a middle aged woman while watching people literally getting carried out the stadium with heat strokes and exhaustion. I have a pretty good background with working in the sun and living in the sun, so its not like I wasnt used to it. It was just ****ing hot. I cant even fathom the reasoning behind not wanting to make the fan experience more comfortable. Its not hurting our homefield advantage at all. Just shading the fans. Only someone who feels like he has to prove something macho would prefer to sit there and bake on those really bad days.
I don't disagree at all, but I just think it's overblown when people start pointing to heat as a problem with that stadium. I used to go to a ****load of Marlins games in that stadium (2003 I went to a bunch of them) and some of those games were hotter than anything that I have experienced at a Canes/Dolphins game. The biggest problem with the stadium is the product on the field. I'm all for making the "fan experience" more comfortable but why does the fan have to come out of pocket to help the billionaire owner make it happen.

I don't disagree at all, but I just think it's overblown when people start pointing to heat as a problem with that stadium. I used to go to a ****load of Marlins games in that stadium (2003 I went to a bunch of them) and some of those games were hotter than anything that I have experienced at a Canes/Dolphins game. The biggest problem with the stadium is the product on the field. I'm all for making the "fan experience" more comfortable but why does the fan have to come out of pocket to help the billionaire owner make it happen.

I hear ya on Marlins games. I didnt go to a ton, probably like 4 or 5, but a few of those were scorchers. As for the financing, I was under the impression though that gov'ment dem was gonna fund the upgrades?

January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . .
but that is just another overblown item
. We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

Im brazilian so i have to respectfully disagree with this. Any time you are playing the 5 time world cup champs its something that will draw revenue, especially from a community with alot of hispanics who are more soccer fans than american football. I remember when brazil played mexico in the orange bowl back in 93 i think it was, i was a little kid still and got to go see the game at the orange bowl, that stadium was packed and drew tons of revenue for miami. So if that extra revenue keeps stephen ross from selling the dolphins and keeps them in miami, so be it.

The dolphins are not going anywhere but if Ross did I would care less

does anybody have an HTML link to that flyover youtube video? I want to share it with some of my family who are fins fans.

thanks.

I hear ya on Marlins games. I didnt go to a ton, probably like 4 or 5, but a few of those were scorchers. As for the financing, I was under the impression though that gov'ment dem was gonna fund the upgrades?

I heard Ross is putting up 200 million and the government/tax payers are going to have to spot the other 200 million, included but not limited to a possible sales tax increase. I'm going to read more into it to get the information for myself.

I heard Ross is putting up 200 million and the government/tax payers are going to have to spot the other 200 million, included but not limited to a possible sales tax increase. I'm going to read more into it to get the information for myself.

well basically Ross wants a handout like we are some kind of team in this. ross is trying to maximize profit at our expense basically and the 200 million will pay for itself when he sells the team since the stadium is included

Back
Top Bottom