Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

Great post, OP. Really agree with this.

My biggest takeaway is that Mahomes is on another level at quarterback. He was the difference in a close game. I marvel at his run choices. He just has that innate ability to know when to use his legs.

So, if he's the best how do you matchup? Maybe that's a separate thread since the road to the AFC clearly runs through KC.

Also, have to give props to KC's defense, which has been its strong suit all season.
He is a big strong QB with decent legs and good head. Everyone could see how his size and speed were a difference when they needed those 1st downs. One was with power, the other speed...

Great post, OP. Really agree with this.

My biggest takeaway is that Mahomes is on another level at quarterback. He was the difference in a close game. I marvel at his run choices. He just has that innate ability to know when to use his legs.

So, if he's the best how do you matchup? Maybe that's a separate thread since the road to the AFC clearly runs through KC.

Also, have to give props to KC's defense, which has been its strong suit all season.
It’s incredible that they won the SB this year w so few skill players. Kelce is 34 and not the same player though he saved his best for the playoffs this year. But really, it’s Mahomes and JAGs at RB and WR

What this game showed/confirmed again, is something most football fans already know. And that is, that Nothing matters more than the play of the QB.

How far are our dolphins?
I’d say very far!!! Do we have a QB that can do anything close to what this Mahomes guy does? Does any team?

KC Dynasty just began, he said after the game. Young team, 28 year old QB who has three rings, and whole lot of draft picks. I believe him!! No one else is winning a Super Bowl any time soon.

A few other things:

1. Low snaps in the shotgun are in fashion. Creed Humphrey snapped like Connor Williams all night so that bodes well for us.

2. We need a punter who can boom it 50-60 yards w regularity like most punters today.

3. Special teams need to be special. The Chiefs got a blocked PAT, a turnover on a punt and a 57 yard FG. Danny Crossman stinks and we don’t make enough plays on ST. That blocked PAT was the biggest thing that set the table for the win.

4. QBs need to be able to make plays w their legs. Tua needs to drop some weight.

5. The Shanahan system seems to have QBs who crap the bed and don’t make enough plays in the 4th quarter. Remember Matt Ryan in the SB? Jimmy Garapolo? Now Brock Purdy - who wasn’t awful in the 2nd half but he was close to awful. There is something about that system that is great at manufacturing points and yards etc w QBs who aren’t elite. But they seem to come up short late in big games. Food for thought.
good point about the snaps, but the game might not have made it into OT if the snaps were better. that last play in regulation mahomes had someone wide open right over the middle but I think he didn't see it because the low snap took away his ability to see the field

What this game showed/confirmed again, is something most football fans already know. And that is, that Nothing matters more than the play of the QB.

How far are our dolphins?
I’d say very far!!! Do we have a QB that can do anything close to what this Mahomes guy does? Does any team?

KC Dynasty just began, he said after the game. Young team, 28 year old QB who has three rings, and whole lot of draft picks. I believe him!! No one else is winning a Super Bowl any time soon.
Welp, guess there's no sense in trying then!

We are not going anywhere with McDaniel calling plays. Tua may be solvable if we get a good Oline. Purdy had plenty of time to throw compared to Tua. We also need a TE once Kittle went down San fran stagnated. We need a solid pass-catching and block TE to complement Durham Smythe. I think Achane will be big for us next year as well as Brooks. Beef up the lines and get OC to call plays and Ithink we closer then we think.

Back
Top Bottom