Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

I think that we are a lot closer than some think.

In our first game vs. KC, we lost on a really debatable Tyreek fumble call.

That game saw us at mostly full strength.

When healthy, we can play with the best. Our collapse was 100% injury related... 9 starters and several walking woulded.

If healthy, we're close.

Running QB's will always give you at least a chance to be in the big game. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc. Mahomes just happens to be light years better than them PLUS he runs when needed. Tua is a sitting duck and will never be as good as those three and until we realize that we will finish behind them every year.

good point about the snaps, but the game might not have made it into OT if the snaps were better. that last play in regulation mahomes had someone wide open right over the middle but I think he didn't see it because the low snap took away his ability to see the field
I hear ya. I was being sarcastic. I thought Humphrey was a disaster tonight

Running QB's will always give you at least a chance to be in the big game. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc. Mahomes just happens to be light years better than them PLUS he runs when needed. Tua is a sitting duck and will never be as good as those three and until we realize that we will finish behind them every year.
Exactly Allen and Jackson ran their way into the Superbowl again this year

The AFC is such a daunting task to break through. We have to get by Josh Allen in our own division who might still be waiting in the playoffs then beat Stroud or Burrow who will be regulars in the coming decade. If you manage that you get the pleasure of facing the final boss in Mahomes. Then you have to beat the best of the NFC to be Super Bowl champs. We don’t have a cheat code like Mahomes. It will take some incredible roster building and a lot of luck to get there. Since we haven’t fired Grier I hold little hope of seeing a Super Bowl anytime soon but I’ll still be a fan and hope for the best.

Does watching this game make you think the Dolphins are close, or not close?
-I think both defenses tougher
-Both QBs made plays with their legs, especially Mahomes
-Mahomes used his height and size to his advantage as well
-Both QBs were disciplined game managers, were patient, and did not force things. Mahomes only mistake was a physical one, just a missed throw, but he went to an open receiver with the ball and just airmailed it. Dolphins seem to force it too much on offense sometimes. There are times when being a game manager is ok
-Reid's playcalling was really good when it mattered most

I am sure there is more people can add. I am just throwing out a few things. Oddly, I didn't think this game was clean or particularly well played, which makes you think the Dolphins could have hung with either team. On the other hand, if you rolled the Dolphins out there, something tells me this years incarnation of the team would not have made a game of it
it’s not just about making game changing plays with their legs, it’s subtle moves with their legs in the pocket, quick feet needed to navigate the pressure, even in the last play there is off script movement involved, there are individual athletic plays/ movements that a Qb needs to do, the whole game will never be just drop and throw.

So Tua needs to go rogue and get his ass in shape so he can make these subtle movements that are required to win a championship.

it’s not just about making game changing plays with their legs, it’s subtle moves with their legs in the pocket, quick feet needed to navigate the pressure, even in the last play there is off script movement involved, there are individual athletic plays/ movements that a Qb needs to do, the whole game will never be just drop and throw.

So Tua needs to go rogue and get his ass in shape so he can make these subtle movements that are required to win a championship.
It's point 2 in his 4 step off-season program

Don’t let a punt hit you in the foot when your on the return team.

Also don’t give up a 96 yard punt return with the division title on the line.

To think, Bradley Chubbs helmet slam might’ve changed the entire course of the season for a lot of teams.

Back
Top Bottom