Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

I’m sure most will disagree but I think Brock Purdy and Tua are the same player.

I think they’re so similar that if we sent Tua to SF and brought Brock Purdy to Miami that both teams would have ended up exactly where they finished.

My point is… watching Brock Purdy tonight with the best roster in football around him is exactly what it would be with Tua if we had the best roster in the league.

Good enough to get to the SB but not good enough to win it. Bottom line… Purdy got his team a FG when it mattered most and Mahomes got the TD when it mattered most.

That just about sums it up. My point is… even with the best roster in the league around Tua… we would fall short bc we have to get through Mahomes.

We don’t have the best roster in football nor are we going to anytime soon so why waste a huge contract on Tua when we know he isn’t beating Mahomes when it matters most?

I understand the conundrum with the salary cap and lack of picks that we’re pretty much forced into bringing Tua back but let him play on the 5th year option. Don’t give him some huge deal that’s going to strangle our ability to acquire top talent any more than it’s already going to be.

Let him play out the 5th year and see what happens and if we somehow did make a SB or even a conference championship game then I would understand giving him a deal. Otherwise if we falter again next year then the offseason after next year it would be time to tear it down and start all over again.

Tua is never going to beat Mahomes/Burrow/Jackson/Allen when it matters most and even if he somehow did beat one of them more than likely he’s going to have to face 2 of those in the same playoffs to get us where we want to go.

With Tua… it ain’t happen’n cap’n.

I think that we are a lot closer than some think.

In our first game vs. KC, we lost on a really debatable Tyreek fumble call.

That game saw us at mostly full strength.

When healthy, we can play with the best. Our collapse was 100% injury related... 9 starters and several walking woulded.

If healthy, we're close.
Injuries is not why miami lost to buffalo and Kansas City to end the season.

Does watching this game make you think the Dolphins are close, or not close?
-I think both defenses tougher
-Both QBs made plays with their legs, especially Mahomes
-Mahomes used his height and size to his advantage as well
-Both QBs were disciplined game managers, were patient, and did not force things. Mahomes only mistake was a physical one, just a missed throw, but he went to an open receiver with the ball and just airmailed it. Dolphins seem to force it too much on offense sometimes. There are times when being a game manager is ok
-Reid's playcalling was really good when it mattered most

I am sure there is more people can add. I am just throwing out a few things. Oddly, I didn't think this game was clean or particularly well played, which makes you think the Dolphins could have hung with either team. On the other hand, if you rolled the Dolphins out there, something tells me this years incarnation of the team would not have made a game of it
Both those teams in the SB are good in the trenches. While Miami is has a good DL but a bad OL. You get beat up on the line of scrimmage you don't win SBs. It just how it is.

I think that we are a lot closer than some think.

In our first game vs. KC, we lost on a really debatable Tyreek fumble call.

That game saw us at mostly full strength.

When healthy, we can play with the best. Our collapse was 100% injury related... 9 starters and several walking woulded.

If healthy, we're close.
Yes and… I’m concerned our two edge rushers will be healthy but may not be the players we hoped for and had glimpses of.

Have they each lost a step?

Shanahan let the defense force him out of running the ball just like McDaniel does.
Just confounding what these guys do

I said before the game that this game will tell us alot about tua because Brock purdy represents the best tua can be except less mobility and not as good throwing on the run yet.

Ok you got us there. It was the -49 weather and most of the defense out 😂
Yep and that’s why miami only scored 7 points? Because the defense was injured? Lol the defense was banged up and still held their own better than the healthier offense. Only 14 points vs buffalo because of injuries on defense? The injuries are an excuse that the offense after the Washington game literally got worse every week.

Does anyone here believe Tua could have led the same game-tying and game-winning drives that Mahomes did? No? OK - don't sign his *** to a long term contract this off season then.
You mean like Hurtz, Herbert, Allen, Lamar can?

3. Special teams need to be special.
I've pointed that out several times myself...and having to, annoys the **** out of me. KC loses that game going away w/o good STs. STs, at least a few games per year per team, makes the difference in close games. And when 1 or 2 games is usually the difference between #1 seed and wildcard...

I ****ing HATE our special teams.

But I'm getting to the point where my number 1 point of blame isn't Crossman.

Back
Top Bottom