SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
flintsilver7 said:
There was a camera angle from behind the referee that he reached for the flag immediately after the pushoff. From the front, he does something else before actually pulling it out, but he knew right away. Besides, it's pretty clear that it was a penalty.

Dude it wasnt a penalty they were both making contact. If your making contact and then break off in another direction it will always look like your pushing off. The fact that his arms were raised is why the ref called the play..

It was bad!!!!

AquaAssasin said:
but your not allowed to grab a player on the collar at anytime. He should have been called. the fact that he grabbed the collar and a tackle was made should have been called.

If you look at the stats you will see seatlle outplayed the steelers but big penalties were called against seattle removing any kind of momentum.

Even espn this morning was commenting on it. Cowlin and co were saying the same thing. The refs made some serious questionable calls...

You should go to the espn board they are saying the same thing. a thousand people cant be wrong..

If you don't want to have big plays called back due to penalties, THEN DON'T COMMIT PENALTIES ON BIG PLAYS.

Sorry, but the video is there for everybody to see. If there was one call that was bad, it was the low block called on Hasselbeck. I don't think that changed the game much if at all.

And Cowherd needs to get people angry so they'll listen and call in. He started off by saying (at the end of Mike & Mike) that Seattle had no chance to win because of the refs. I didn't bother to listen to him (I never really do) because he tends to reverse himself all the time and just try to irritate people. He did it with Penn State, Pittsburgh, the Yankees - take any team with a big fan base and irritate them. That way, they listen and they call.

AquaAssasin said:
Dude it wasnt a penalty they were both making contact. If your making contact and then break off in another direction it will always look like your pushing off. The fact that his arms were raised is why the ref called the play..

It was bad!!!!

No, it wasn't. What happened before the pass was thrown and neither was looking for the ball was legal handfighting and it says so in the rules. What happened in the endzone was Jackson pushed off (or it looked like he pushed off) and gained separation. While it is actually possible that Jackson simply made contact and coincidentally happened to gain separation immediately after, the most likely scenario (and most visibly obvious) was that Jackson pushed off and prevented Hope from making a play.

flintsilver7 said:
No, it wasn't. What happened before the pass was thrown and neither was looking for the ball was legal handfighting and it says so in the rules. What happened in the endzone was Jackson pushed off (or it looked like he pushed off) and gained separation. While it is actually possible that Jackson simply made contact and coincidentally happened to gain separation immediately after, the most likely scenario (and most visibly obvious) was that Jackson pushed off and prevented Hope from making a play.

the bottomline is that the refs shouldnt be the ones that decided the outcome which was evident. There should have been no doubt on the majority that this was a clean win. Its evident with numerous sites that the officiating was terrible and its all coming from other fans and not from the seahawks.

I kind of find that really weird! That many people cant be wrong! Seriously it was obvious, it was a bad day for officiating. This game should have been decided by the players not the refs. It just makes things look real bad!

flintsilver7 said:
If you don't want to have big plays called back due to penalties, THEN DON'T COMMIT PENALTIES ON BIG PLAYS.

Sorry, but the video is there for everybody to see. If there was one call that was bad, it was the low block called on Hasselbeck. I don't think that changed the game much if at all.

And Cowherd needs to get people angry so they'll listen and call in. He started off by saying (at the end of Mike & Mike) that Seattle had no chance to win because of the refs. I didn't bother to listen to him (I never really do) because he tends to reverse himself all the time and just try to irritate people. He did it with Penn State, Pittsburgh, the Yankees - take any team with a big fan base and irritate them. That way, they listen and they call.

I dont know what plays you were watching but I those werent penalties, espcially the holding. They showed the play and Madden and Co said it didnt look like a hold and it was evident it wasnt a hold! 2nd, you are not allowed to make a collar tackle, not even grabb the collar while tackling. I wont even bother to mention the qb call. too many questionable calls.

Was the game fixed? No way, but the fact of the matter is that refs had a big part of the outcome anyway you slice the pie!

AquaAssasin said:
I dont know what plays you were watching but I those werent penalties, espcially the holding. They showed the play and Madden and Co said it didnt look like a hold and it was evident it wasnt a hold! 2nd, you are not allowed to make a collar tackle, not even grabb the collar while tackling. I wont even bother to mention the qb call. too many questionable calls.

Was the game fixed? No way, but the fact of the matter is that refs had a big part of the outcome anyway you slice the pie!

Haggans was hooked, and Farrior was ridden down after being encircled (around the neck). Both are EXPLICIT holding penalties.

This game had the most horrendous officiating crew in Super Bowl history. What a bad day for every NFL fan (except for the Steeler fans because of course they will deny it and take the win as it is). This game was a disgrace, and if someone were to tell me that the officiating crew was going to decide the winner of this Super Bowl, I wouldn't have wasted my fricken time watching the game. Unfortunately, it did end up being decided by the referrees, and I had to watch the crappiest Super Bowl in history.

I would have been happy if Pittsburgh won this Super Bowl, but not like this. About 10 QUESTIONABLE calls on the field, most of them were obvious and were not overturned nor corrected. I feel sorry for the Seahawks and beleive that they should be the ones holding the Vince Lombardi trophy. They took over for most part of the game, but the referrees stoled the momentum and championship from them.

All I have to say is, the referrees better start giving respect for Seattle, because guess what? With or without Shawn Alexander next season, they will be playoffs and possible championship contenders for the next few years in the NFL. They are a well balanced team and have a great QB with an extreme receiving core. All they need to do this off season is look for a new tight end and solve the running back issue.

The Seattle Seahawks are the Un-official Super Bowl Champions in my eyes.

flintsilver7 said:
Haggans was hooked, and Farrior was ridden down after being encircled (around the neck). Both are EXPLICIT holding penalties.

Dude, I seen the slow replay. It wasnt a holding! Anyways it doesnt matter! The refs called it anyway.

my argument is that there should be no questionable calls in the superbowl. There will be always be some but in the superbowl it should be kept down to "nill".

It just too much of an importance of a game! I wouldnt want that to happen to the fins especially if this was their superbowl. everyone on this forum would be screaming.

Anyone complaining, whether it was fans or sports writers, were pulling for Seattle. Pittsburgh beat them. There were some bad calls. The worst call was the penalty on Hasselbeck. Seattle had SOOO many chances. They moved the ball up and down the field but couldn't get it in the endzone. The refs didn't cause Hasselbeck to throw an INT. The refs didn't slow the NFL MVP. The refs didn't take away any scores from Seattle. The offensive pass interference WAS interference. Seattle actually got away with a fumble. Jackson stepped out of bounds on what should have put Seattle down to the one. Stevens dropped 4 or 5 balls.
Here is what I think: the Steelers are better than Seattle anyway and would beat them 4 out of 5 times.
One other thing: Let's say that a bad call cost Seattle a FG or a TD. Pittsburgh still won.

Not sure if anyone brought this up

But before halftime the first ball thrown to the endzone they called incomplete was a TD.

His left foot was in, and his right foot knocked over the pylon, in regular motion you cant see it, but in slow motion its obvious.

The pass interference call was BS no way that should be called

Oh and Sorry Mr. Hasselbeck your not allowed to try and tackle because we will throw a flag on you, and when you complete a pass there will be holding

Ive said previously I dont care that the Steelers won, I care HOW they won

AquaAssasin said:
irvin is on espn 710....saying the same thing about the officiating....

I don't care who's on where and what they're saying. You can say what you want, but the only incorrect call was the Hasselbeck low block. And that's not going to change the fact that Seattle couldn't manage the clock, their receivers couldn't catch the ball, Jackson couldn't come down in bounds, and so on.

flintsilver7 said:
I don't care who's on where and what they're saying. You can say what you want, but the only incorrect call was the Hasselbeck low block. And that's not going to change the fact that Seattle couldn't manage the clock, their receivers couldn't catch the ball, Jackson couldn't come down in bounds, and so on.

Actually watch the first one called out of bounds and its a TD

What game where you watching?

SCall13 said:
Anyone complaining, whether it was fans or sports writers, were pulling for Seattle.

100% untrue and unverifiable. i saw people who wanted the steelers to win who walked away shaking their heads. maybe they were faking?

Back
Top Bottom