SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
pwn3dyo said:
The game was fixed. No disputing that.

Well, I don't think it was fixed but hopefully it will put yet another microscope on how terrible NFL officiating has become. The NFL needs to address it because more and more fans are not only noticing but taking offense to it.

The BCS College Football Championship was such a great game and went back and forth down to the wire....this game was crap......the refs did not allow the guys to play,,,,numerous bad calls against the Seahawks robbed them of any chance they had. Big Ben wins a SB despite two horrible picks and probably the worst performance ever by a winning QB. I am glad I did not care who won this turkey....ohh and special awards for worst performance to Jeremy Stevens, even with his TD catch.

HurriPhinFan said:
Game was boring, Officiating was bad, National Anthem singing was garbage, and the Halftime show was just as bad if not worse.

Aaron Neville's rendition was barely audible....sorry Aaron but your style of singing just doesn't do it for me....I can think of hundreds of singers who would have done a better job. Nice seeing Stevie Wonder out there...makes you think of all the great Motown singers like Smokie Robinson who should have been there and they should have done the half time show not the geriatic Rolling Stones.

Roman529 said:
The BCS College Football Championship was such a great game and went back and forth down to the wire....this game was crap......the refs did not allow the guys to play,,,,numerous bad calls against the Seahawks robbed them of any chance they had. Big Ben wins a SB despite two horrible picks and probably the worst performance ever by a winning QB. I am glad I did not care who won this turkey....ohh and special awards for worst performance to Jeremy Stevens, even with his TD catch.

oh my colorado friend I agree, I wanted Pitts to win but I guess alot of people are upset with this victory. No big ben didn't play well and Stevens sucked on the other side, but I do not htink seattle was robbed. Unfortunatly this wasn't the worst sb I've seen but no where close to the best either.

Uncle Rico II said:
The steelers beat the top 3 teams from a VERY strong AFC and teh #1 from the NFC. They are the most deserving team to win the SB in the last few years. I'd rather see the steelers get these calls than the pats. GREAT season IMO. Sorry for the typos, I'm a little shnockerd. I wisj I could party with d-day and MOR.

I bet the Overtime in C Springs was packed with Steeler fans...I saw the game at the Dublin House.

DonShula84 said:
The Seahawks are crying far less than some people on this board lol

cause they know they are to blame for that loss. not only the refs

who cares, they should have aired it, like seattle had a chance at that point..

But the play did matter. The game take presidence.

my bad i got the play wrong.do u organize your socks by date purchased, too...

No, but by left & right :chuckle:

1) The Roethlisberger TD run where he didn't break the plane of the goal-line. The ref started to call Roethlisberger down, but then changed his mind after watching Big Ben crawl forward another couple yards into the endzone. That was not a TD. And how was it not over-turned? Geez.

I think the ball did barely graze the very front of the goalline, and that's all you need. For some reason, it always takes forever for officials to call touchdown runs at the goalline, unless the runner gets in standing up. There's some procedural quirk (checking for possession, maybe?) that we're all missing.

2) Offensive pass interference against the Seahawks in the endzone that negated a TD. Of all the bad calls, this is the one that I could let slide if this were the only bad call of the game, but that is not the case here.

A stiff arm directly in front of the back judge. Stopped the defender in his tracks. Prevented defender's change of direction to get himself open. Blatant as hell. Correct call.

3) The phantom holding call that took away a nice play that would have given Seattle a 1st down at the 1-yard line. This call was really, REALLY bad.

If Locklear had had a gun, it would have looked like a hostage situation. Unfortunately, the league has become so lenient on offensive holding, I can't say one way or another what the correct call was.

4) And why the heck was Hasselbeck called for a personal foul for making a tackle?

Because he dove to make the tackle and hit #26 before he hit the ball carrier. You're not allowed to hit a blocker below the knees in the open field. Technically the correct call. Holmgren is part of the Whiner's Club with Bill Polian and part of the Competition Commitee, so maybe the rule will get changed.

I'm sorry, I meant emphasized.:goof:

Roman529 said:
I bet the Overtime in C Springs was packed with Steeler fans...I saw the game at the Dublin House.

I steyed at home (offa dublin) The overtime is filled with steelers! I just stay home because of the obnoxious bronco fans.

SMadison29 said:
Those 5 bad calls vs Seattle at crucial times didn't rob them?

They were in fact momentum stealing calls that erased big plays.

No one will ever know the impact they had on the game.
Too bad for fans and the NFL itself.

DonShula84 said:
The Seahawks are crying far less than some people on this board lol

NOoooo there are many Hawks fans who are writing to Tagliabue and the NFL from the fan site of theirs I went to....here is what some of their fans think of the refs:

clear.gif

CalDolFan10x14 said:
This ain't the WWE. Sure there were a lot of questionable calls, to put it nicely. But that doesn't mean the game was "fixed". I can't believe people continually bring this up every Super Bowl.

i'd call it "broken" before i'd call it fixed. i think the refs are human, and they're susceptible to the same human interest stories that regular people are. i think they can't help but see games a certain way.

i have to believe that, because there's too much money involved for anyone to want to even give an impression otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom