SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
i wasn't particularly rooting for either team. i kinda like the steelers; i kinda like the seahawks. all i wanted was a clean, uncontroversial game. it was far from that. i may be crying, but i'm only crying because of all the time and money and energy i devoted to consuming their product, and tonight's game was supposed to be the pinnacle of that product. if that's the pinnacle of that product, then the NFL has some image-correcting to do...

Brady probably got instructions from the Chief Fixer (Tagliabue) on how to flip the coin. :wink:

Trekbiz said:
I agree with you here.

I was really looking forward to this Super Bowl because I didn't have an emotional tie (positive or negative) to either team. (Couldn't stand watching the N.E. super bowls.... made me sick to watch).....

This year I could just enjoy the game, that is until the officiating got so bad it ruined it for me. Like you, I am a fan of the game as well as a Dolphin fan. To see officiating so bad that you truly begin to believe that the officials are the ones creating a lot of the momentum for one team over another upsets me. It should'nt happen.

ditto that. it's very disappointing that in area after area of our lives, we're left with the choices of "they're evil" or "they're incompetent" to figure out why nothing is working. when those are the choices, something is broken.

Trekbiz said:
Yeah, the gatorade shower is my favorite part of every Super Bowl. I could skip the whole game and just watch that. I had my VCR all ready to tape that magic moment. It ruined the whole game for millions!

:lol:

i hate that tradition. i hope that WHEN the dolphins win it, they carry saban off on their shoulders and let him win with a little dignity.

IF it was fixed people, don't you think the money made off the underdog WINNING would've meant the seahawks should've won?

I can understand bad calls. I can even pardon a mistaken call that comes at a game changing time. I mean hey, refs are human too. I can, possibly, accept that the refs are having a bad day and more than one of these questionable game altering calls would happen in one game. What I CANNOT accept is that there would be so many of them, and yet all would go against the same team.

Now, let's be clear here. Yes, I'm pissed my team lost. I'm rational. I know there were many plays that SHOULD have been made - dropped balls, poor safety play, etc. Clearly, we didn't play well enough to win the game today - because we didn't. I'm not saying that the refs 'cost' us the game (now that I've calmed down a little...). What I AM saying is that I find it hard to believe that all the bad calls favored Pitt exclusively out of chance alone.

That had to be one of the worst played Supern Bowls I have ever seen. Neither team desreved a ring after that performance

Trekbiz said:
My question is how does a defensive player making a tackle get called for a cut block!

F'n hilarious!

Yes, I know Hasselbeck is a QB, and I know one of you is going to flame out and post that.
However, after an INT, the offensive players then become, in essence, defensive players. Hasselbeck was making a tackle yet was called for an illegal block.
this is a terrible rule. i saw it a few weeks ago. it is called a change of possesion. last time i saw it, it was called on an o-lineman during an interception. terrible

Wildbill3 said:
IF it was fixed people, don't you think the money made off the underdog WINNING would've meant the seahawks should've won?

think about how many bettis jerseys and steelers championship shirts and hats and all the other stuff they'll sell. it could be fixed without gambling being a consideration. i'm not saying it's fixed. in the "dishonest" or "stupid" derby, i'll take "stupid." it's much easier to justify watching another football game at some point if i can convince myself they're just stupid.

IMO the Superbowl XL MVP is the officials...

They had the biggest plays of the game and they effected the outcome of the game for the Steelers more then anyone else on the field.

They should have gotten the MVP not Hines Ward

adamprez2003 said:
That had to be one of the worst played Supern Bowls I have ever seen. Neither team desreved a ring after that performance
it was played at the level of a september regular season game. i almost dozed off during the 2nd quarter. the beer didnt help either :D

Back
Top Bottom