Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially

Speed sure? You're high if ypu expect him to be slose to those 2 as a rookie and both have much much better hands than him. He lets too many balls hit his body.
well I expect him to exceed their "exceptional" 2 TDs in 2012?

grab him in the 3rd and let Hartline go .i see Swope as an upgrade to Hartline and will cost far less $$

I didnt catch the 4.34 time. I saw 4.44 flashed on the screen. I havent been watching all day but maybe it was moved to 4.44 officially.

Btw, Belichick will draft Tavon Austin IMO. They only have four picks I believe so he cant spend a whole lot on WR IMO.

Michael Irving = body catcher.....he was pretty good.

Cordarelle Patteson does the same thing.

If you put on the Arkansas tape from last year, you'll see Swope catch 2 long passes with only his hands. He seems to body catch on the underneath and comeback routes.....could just be a habit b/c of shielding the defender.

I really really don't see that 4.34 speed. I've been watching a ton of his Highlight videos and don't see him leaving people like an Austin or Goodwin.
He was playing against SEC defenses. Its tough to leave those guys in the dust.

It's not a knock on him at all. BUT, if your going by 40 time only you might conclude this is my "burner" and that assessment IMO would be absolutely wrong. I just watched Auburns RB McCalebb run an Unofficial 4.27 and I believed every bit of that speed! Because I've seen him play and he "moves"

No he's not a burner, but as the year went on, I think the 4.55 40 most expected from him were a disservice to Swope. Yeah the 4.37 or whatever is probably cause of the fast track in Indy, but even as a 4.4 guy that's a fairly significant difference in speed.

Anyways, here's a Swope highlight real that is half 2011 with Tannehill as his QB in Sherman's offense and half Johnny Football in the Sumlin/Kingsbury offense.

[video=youtube;agsMmAL_nn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8[/video]

3 things are evident in the video.

1.He was used significantly different in the 2 offenses.
2.He's not slow by any means.
3.He can break tackles.

I really really don't see that 4.34 speed. I've been watching a ton of his Highlight videos and don't see him leaving people like an Austin or Goodwin.

This. He also has tiny hands. If we pass on a guy like Justin hunter to take Ryan swope I will lose my mind. It's unfathomable. Yeah he ran a great 40 and jumped out of the gym. But where is this explosiveness on the field? Damn combine

We'll have to spend a 2nd on him to keep him away from the pats IMO
Let's look Ireland's second round picks in history...

2008:
Phillip Merling
Chad Henne

2009:
Pat White
Sean Smith

2010:
Koa Misi

2011:
Daniel Thomas < we traded up for this garbage, really no lie.

2012:
Jonathan Martin

The only second round pick worth a damn is Martin. Swope is a better prospect than all of them minus Martin, has previous success with Tannehill and Sherman, and knows our offense. He would be able to produce right away on the slot and we can trade Bess for another draft pick and free up space while doing so.

We got two second round picks right? If he's there on the second one, get him and I'll forgive Ireland a little bit for his embarrassing 2nd round past.

Damn, didn't know he had high 4.3 speed! Definitely would grab him in the third

Swope was a favorite of mine ever since I began to notice Tannehill back in 2010 at Texas A&M. He is capable of replacing Hartline, because he already knows the offense. I can see Miami having a big interest in Swope in the 3rd round. On a side note, I loved what I saw from Conner Vernon, Robert Woods, Marquise Wilson and Patton today at the combine. This is turning out to be a bonanza at the WR position for this draft. This looks like a very deep position. I'm betting there are going to be WR drafted in the 5th-7th round that make impacts on NFL rosters in 2013. Robert Woods is a guy that I'd hope Miami has their eye on with pick #42, he runs the best routes in this WR class and looked to be completely healthy running the 40 at the combine. His play suffered in 2012 due to a lingering ankle problem. As Much as I have a man crush on Patterson, I'm not sure he is going to be worth the 12th pick due to him being somewhat raw. The value will be with Miami's two 2nd and two 3rd round picks. If Miami were to draft Swope it could mean Bess gets traded, especially if Hartline gets re-signed.

a smorsgasborg of recievers. And I hear we are looking at the other A&M receiver. Ichuckwadoozie.

And a decent 6.76 in the 3 cone drill which to me is a very important drill for WR's, especially for those working inside... Slower than Hartline though, but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom