Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially

No he's not a burner, but as the year went on, I think the 4.55 40 most expected from him were a disservice to Swope. Yeah the 4.37 or whatever is probably cause of the fast track in Indy, but even as a 4.4 guy that's a fairly significant difference in speed.

Anyways, here's a Swope highlight real that is half 2011 with Tannehill as his QB in Sherman's offense and half Johnny Football in the Sumlin/Kingsbury offense.

[video=youtube;agsMmAL_nn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8[/video]

3 things are evident in the video.

1.He was used significantly different in the 2 offenses.
2.He's not slow by any means.
3.He can break tackles.

Is this what YAC looks like? Looks so to me. If I saw one year of consistent plays from Patterson like this I would be all for him no questions asked, but now why when this guy is staring at us with a 4.3 forty? Serious question dudes. I do think we need to take him earlier.

No he's not a burner, but as the year went on, I think the 4.55 40 most expected from him were a disservice to Swope. Yeah the 4.37 or whatever is probably cause of the fast track in Indy, but even as a 4.4 guy that's a fairly significant difference in speed.

Anyways, here's a Swope highlight real that is half 2011 with Tannehill as his QB in Sherman's offense and half Johnny Football in the Sumlin/Kingsbury offense.

3.He can break tackles.

Every time I see that video I keep saying to myself.... Nice Throw Tannehill!

Swope is definitely a "body catcher". Not hating on him for it, because I won't complain much if Miami picks him up in the 4th, but he doesn't come off to me as anything more than a #3.

Let's look Ireland's second round picks in history...

2008:
Phillip Merling
Chad Henne

2009:
Pat White
Sean Smith

2010:
Koa Misi

2011:
Daniel Thomas < we traded up for this garbage, really no lie.

2012:
Jonathan Martin

The only second round pick worth a damn is Martin. Swope is a better prospect than all of them minus Martin, has previous success with Tannehill and Sherman, and knows our offense. He would be able to produce right away on the slot and we can trade Bess for another draft pick and free up space while doing so.

We got two second round picks right? If he's there on the second one, get him and I'll forgive Ireland a little bit for his embarrassing 2nd round past.

well, the only 2 picks you can say were all Ireland, were Daniel Thomas, and Martin. Ireland's 2 drafts without Parcells

Is this what YAC looks like? Looks so to me. If I saw one year of consistent plays from Patterson like this I would be all for him no questions asked, but now why when this guy is staring at us with a 4.3 forty? Serious question dudes. I do think we need to take him earlier.

Sorry, I can't process this post, I'm too busy having flashbacks to a wide open Brian Hartline getting tackled by his shoestrings by a guy diving at him from ten yards out of the picture frame.

Sorry, I can't process this post, I'm too busy having flashbacks to a wide open Brian Hartline getting tackled by his shoestrings by a guy diving at him from ten yards out of the picture frame.

what does brian hartline have to do with Swope or Patterson?

well, the only 2 picks you can say were all Ireland, were Daniel Thomas, and Martin. Ireland's 2 drafts without Parcells

Blah blah blah, Ireland was the GM wasn't he, or was he taking his ball boy talents to South Beach. It was his picks. Period.

3.He can break tackles.

Thanks for the video. It's nice to get one with music I enjoy also!

I really like Ryan Swope. To me, this is what a WCO slot receiver should look like--good quickness, speed, hands, and RAC. I don't see 4.34 speed in his play and this highlight video is no different. Honestly, I was expecting him to run a 4.48-4.52 so I'm really shocked that the "official" numbers have him tied with Tavon Austin as the 2nd fastest WR 40 at the combine. Honestly, I don't see that kind of speed in pads and don't see Swope as faster than Markus Wheaton on the football field. Regardless, that was an awesome combine for him. As to the catching drills, well he showed good route running and hands at the collegiate level in two different offenses, so I don't see the combine drops dissuading people from all the consistently good tape. Remember, Wes Welker is also one of the leading droppers in the NFL, and Swope looks like a bigger, faster version of Wes Welker.

The abundance of WCO's in the NFL today means that guys like Swope will be at a premium. I can see him going in round 2 after that combine 40. Both runs were jaw-dropping times. I don't see Ireland pulling the trigger at #54, and that might be our last chance to get him. Anyone still thinking he could be had in round 4 will be sorely disappointed.

I think someone said it earlier, but when Swope gets behind a DB, he does not get chased down. The speed might not be blazing 4.3 on tape, but he definitely does not look slow. Welker is quicker than fast. He gets open, but then gets closed on pretty quickly. That's why he's an ideal slot guy. Swope gets open and stays open. He looks to have a bit more deep threat in him, which means you can do more things with him besides run him underneath coverage all game long.

Back
Top Bottom