Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Swope came in at 4.44 unofficially

Thanks for the video. It's nice to get one with music I enjoy also!

I really like Ryan Swope. To me, this is what a WCO slot receiver should look like--good quickness, speed, hands, and RAC. I don't see 4.34 speed in his play and this highlight video is no different. Honestly, I was expecting him to run a 4.48-4.52 so I'm really shocked that the "official" numbers have him tied with Tavon Austin as the 2nd fastest WR 40 at the combine. Honestly, I don't see that kind of speed in pads and don't see Swope as faster than Markus Wheaton on the football field. Regardless, that was an awesome combine for him. As to the catching drills, well he showed good route running and hands at the collegiate level in two different offenses, so I don't see the combine drops dissuading people from all the consistently good tape. Remember, Wes Welker is also one of the leading droppers in the NFL, and Swope looks like a bigger, faster version of Wes Welker.

The abundance of WCO's in the NFL today means that guys like Swope will be at a premium. I can see him going in round 2 after that combine 40. Both runs were jaw-dropping times. I don't see Ireland pulling the trigger at #54, and that might be our last chance to get him. Anyone still thinking he could be had in round 4 will be sorely disappointed.

great post my man. And yeah as I said, 4.3 whatever is a bit much but his official time is still significantly faster than what most were expecting. I don't think everybody realizes the difference between a 4.4 and a 4.5.

And it's not just the abundance of WCOs that make Swope a commodity. Rewatching the video, the biggest thing in there is that Ryan Swope is not afraid to take a hit. There are a lot of WRs in the league that are terrified to go over the middle. Swope also goes up and gets the ball and seems to do a good job locating the ball in the air (a lot of over the shoulder catches in stride). After watching a wide open Marlon Moore dive for no reason missing what would've been a sure fire TD against SanFran makes me appreciate things like that.

Because they can upgrade Hartline with Swope and save 5-6 mil.

no way, keep both. Hartline can trip over his shoelace any time he wants as long as he keeps catching balls downfield. Just one more guy Tannehill trusts. Need two more plus Matthews steps up.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

and swope's speed is deceptive because he is wes welker where he stops and starts constantly and sits in the hole. which is what we want.

Tannehill said before his run yesterday on camera that he thought 4.3 and seen him do it before, and walla.

I take him with our second

Patterson rd 1 Swope rd 2 and we are set at wr for years

Those of you who say 3rd or 4th rd for Swope are high. His ability as a receiver and that 40 time puts him squarely in the 2nd rd,and if we really want him,and i hope we do,that's where we'll have to draft him at.

I don't know what happened with the timing at the combine , but there's no way he's equally as fast as t.austin . I saw both 40's and it wasn't even close.

I like Austin much much better in the slot. Swope is not an explosive player downfield regardless of how fast he ran straight ahead. He is good but I would not draft him in the first 2 rounds. Much better talent there. It will all depend on whether we sign a FA top WR and not sign Hartline. i think TE still needs to be drafted in first 3 rounds.

I like Austin much much better in the slot. Swope is not an explosive player downfield regardless of how fast he ran straight ahead. He is good but I would not draft him in the first 2 rounds. Much better talent there. It will all depend on whether we sign a FA top WR and not sign Hartline. i think TE still needs to be drafted in first 3 rounds.
Austin @ Z.Ertz in the 2nd rd. would be what the doctor ordered.

Let's get something straight here, his official time in the 40 is his time in the 40 and it's tied with Tavon. Tavon is quicker laterally, but Swope is much more physical on the defense as he runs like a power running back once he catches the ball. He was very good as a running back in his high school days and those skills have transfered over as a WR. In regards to Wheaton looking like a better deep threat.....He should he is a perimeter WR who runs a lot of deep routes. Swope at TAMU ran most of his routes from the slot and focused on being that safetynet for his QB with short routes and a 1st down converter. Also note when Swope catches the deep ball he runs away from the defenders pretty easily.

I like his run after the catch as well...I like the idea of Wallace-Eifert-Swope as the scoring injection for this offense.

Back
Top Bottom