T.O to the Raiders ? ( Could we cut in ?) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.O to the Raiders ? ( Could we cut in ?)

Another thing is that T.O. is 31 years old.

phinz_54 said:
i heard on some site, it was a few weeks ago, that the Phins' Raiders and Eagles where RW would go to Philly, TO to Oakland and Jerry Porter or Antajj Hawthorne and the Raiders !st rd rookie CB to miami. Probably not possible but would be good 4 us i think.

You have to understand that ricky Williams has zero trade value...he isn't worth a 7th rounder, and most certainly not Jerry Porter and a 1st.

Not smack, just fact.

You won't get any picks or players for Ricky until next season if ever.

He has said he only wants to play a few more years, he's got a 4 game suspension, and who knows if his heart and body will be into football shape.

There's no way that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens will be on the same team unless it's in Honolulu and that's not happening anymore with Randy Moss now in the AFC. The Raiders cannot afford Owens unless they get rid of Charles Woodson and probably Jerry Porter, it's possible (in Madden), but I don't see it happening. It's just another BS rumor in my honest opinion and no seriousness behind it whatsoever. My guess would be that TO will play for the Eagles this season and that the Oakland Raiders are set at WR.

First, I put nothing past the Raiders! Who knows what AL would do. But hey, if TO is offered up you got to call to at least check it out. I mean if Nick can talk RW back off the cliff why not TO.?

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8612044

The NFL network says it's all bogus.

If it were true, I could see Moss and TO getting along just fine. Moss says, "I want to take a play off," every other play...TO comes in and does his thing. Both stay fresh the whole game and when both of them are on the field at the same time it's big trouble for Defenses. Of course, that would be the best time to run the ball and risk complaints from them. The only dsownside I could see is TO complaining that K. Collins doesn't have the accuracy needed. Collins has the arm strength, but there are always questions about his accuracy (153 Career TDs to 154 career INTs--http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1013).
Oakland would benefit the most from this sort of 3-way deal.

That said, I wouldn't want to see TO in Miami. The whole one-year and I want a new deal thing is just insane and we don't need that mess down here. Besides, until we can prove we can protect the QB, all we would get all year is complaints.

Is this the TO for Porter rumor ?.If it is its ludicrous.Porter has already been paid a 7 million dollar signing bonus which he is not giving up.The cap implications are mind boggling.

hell boys let me have chambers ,rashuan woods from sf and boston and booker and i will guarantee every dolphin fan a superbowl even if sage becomes the starter which could happen. let me say this rashaun is a quite dude but he is better than all our wrs except chambers and he catches 95 % of the balls thrown . so why dont we do this instead why not trade kay jay harris , gillmore or trade ricky for rashuan and avoid the T.O. controversy.

Just want to say that the Raiders would take a 8 to 10 million (Porters 2005 Signing Bonus) cap hit if they traded him

This trade cannot happen even if both teams wanted to do it.

The cap will not allow it.

Well it looks like most on the board do not want anything to do with TO. We will have to see what happens down the road.

JTaylor99 said:
T.O. and Moss on the same team :eek:

Ohhh. They may need 2 balls on offense to get them the touches they want. the only reason for this would be that Al Davis wants to create the biggest sideshow on turf. Even if it happens, once they get used to the success later in theyear, the fighting will begin.

REAL DEAL said:
Well it looks like most on the board do not want anything to do with TO. We will have to see what happens down the road.

Especially since that is the position where we need the least help. Maybe we could put up with a problem that had tremendous talent on O-line, but why receiver. And what would that say to Chambers and the others, bringing in T.O.? He's ready to bust out and you bring a new #1 receiver in and demote Chambers? Never. This must be a slow week.

REAL DEAL said:
First, I put nothing past the Raiders! Who knows what AL would do. But hey, if TO is offered up you got to call to at least check it out. I mean if Nick can talk RW back off the cliff why not TO.?

Rw can't be compared to T.O. Ricky has had troubles and T.O. causes his own trouble through being such a selfish jerk, IMO.

TokyoFishFan said:
http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8612044

The NFL network says it's all bogus.

If it were true, I could see Moss and TO getting along just fine. Moss says, "I want to take a play off," every other play...TO comes in and does his thing. Both stay fresh the whole game and when both of them are on the field at the same time it's big trouble for Defenses. Of course, that would be the best time to run the ball and risk complaints from them. The only dsownside I could see is TO complaining that K. Collins doesn't have the accuracy needed. Collins has the arm strength, but there are always questions about his accuracy (153 Career TDs to 154 career INTs--http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1013).
Oakland would benefit the most from this sort of 3-way deal.

That said, I wouldn't want to see TO in Miami. The whole one-year and I want a new deal thing is just insane and we don't need that mess down here. Besides, until we can prove we can protect the QB, all we would get all year is complaints.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing. I heard Adam Schefter last night report that the rumor was completely false. Also happened to be my initial reaction when I first heard it... It's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom