Take a Guess who the Dolphins Vet is that is purplexed about Vontae? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take a Guess who the Dolphins Vet is that is purplexed about Vontae?

Okay he is young great point, not. He's young and lazy, you can't coach work ethic. Overweight to camp two years in a row, missed a lot of playing time last year cause he was injured with hamstring issues from being out of shape. Potential won't flourish without work ethic which he lacked. The coaches saw that and got great value for an under achiever.

He came into the league as a 21yr old guy with a bad reputation. Not for being out of shape, on the contrary all of his prior coaches said he had a crazy good work ethic(which was true), he had a reputation for being immature. Please, tell me that you've never in your life encountered a immature 21yr old??
He made some stupid mistakes yes, I agree, but trade him away at such a young age AND when he's actually starting to look good in practice and preseason? He never complained not once about being demoted. He played almost every down of special teams FFs...

Dansby needs to shut his piehole and get with the program. I suppose this "Leadership Council" wanted to be consulted before we traded Vontae too. Hey players, your job is to play the fricken game, collect your bloated paychecks and keep your mouth shut. The GM and coaches can make whatever decisions they want. You don't like it, then quit football.

He came into the league as a 21yr old guy with a bad reputation. Not for being out of shape, on the contrary all of his prior coaches said he had a crazy good work ethic(which was true), he had a reputation for being immature. Please, tell me that you've never in your life encountered a immature 21yr old??
He made some stupid mistakes yes, I agree, but trade him away at such a young age AND when he's actually starting to look good in practice and preseason? He never complained not once about being demoted. He played almost every down of special teams FFs...

Vontae has had issues going way back to his early days at U of Illinois. He was immature and is still immature. He has a poor work ethic and attitude. Good riddance.

Yes he did not get into trouble but he did lose his work ethic. How can he be looking good in camp and preseason and get demoted and flat out told by his coaches that he's being outplayed by Marshall. He did not complain because he was indifferent about being demoted. If I was ever demoted I would work my ass off to prove it was a mistake, he didn't. We got good value. I know it is frustrating rebuilding a culture again after the years of frustration and multiple attempts to do so. This coaching staff with philbin and sherman have seen first hand what culture needs to be created to instill a winning and trust in the coaching staff squad. I believe what philbin said the other day very valid. The younger guys are showing more effort then some veterans. This may mean that they are just accustom to losing at this point or are tired of coaching changes and won't buy in to the new system. From a fo standpoint if the effort is not there maybe he will be great elsewhere but here and know we are not getting the production needed, so we traded for value in an effort to get more younger hungry players to implement this hopefully winning culture this new staff is working hard for. If the effort, big if, is there and we start 0 n 7 again I can see some rebellion, but to have it happen before a game is played, the staff needs to get the players in that will work hard and win individual battles

well regardless you gotta have playmakers surrounding you to succeed,last time we had a new coach come in trading,releasing,top players we all know what happen 1-15,sounds familiar?

Vontae has had issues going way back to his early days at U of Illinois. He was immature and is still immature. He has a poor work ethic and attitude. Good riddance.

He's 24 :lol:

Dude came into the league very young and we could've worked with him, period.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Yes he did not get into trouble but he did lose his work ethic. How can he be looking good in camp and preseason and get demoted and flat out told by his coaches that he's being outplayed by Marshall. He did not complain because he was indifferent about being demoted. If I was ever demoted I would work my ass off to prove it was a mistake, he didn't. We got good value. I know it is frustrating rebuilding a culture again after the years of frustration and multiple attempts to do so. This coaching staff with philbin and sherman have seen first hand what culture needs to be created to instill a winning and trust in the coaching staff squad. I believe what philbin said the other day very valid. The younger guys are showing more effort then some veterans. This may mean that they are just accustom to losing at this point or are tired of coaching changes and won't buy in to the new system. From a fo standpoint if the effort is not there maybe he will be great elsewhere but here and know we are not getting the production needed, so we traded for value in an effort to get more younger hungry players to implement this hopefully winning culture this new staff is working hard for. If the effort, big if, is there and we start 0 n 7 again I can see some rebellion, but to have it happen before a game is played, the staff needs to get the players in that will work hard and win individual battles

Even if what you say is correct... He was the best defensive back with all of those excuses. You see what i'm saying? He was the BEST DB despite all those issues he had. Just imagine if we kept him and he pulled a Soliai and matured with age... Like most humans do..

A 2nd round pick? Another Misi or Pat White for Vontae? Please..

I hope that Philbin had one of the capitan's meeting to let them know before they did the trade, as they said they'd try to do in hardknocks. If things didn't happen that way, he'll have trouble with players.

All you need to know is what some scouts said about Vontae when he came out in the draft. Things like "He has more red flags then the Chinese Army". Or "he is immature and just doesn't get it and will never live up to his potential".

If it was Karlos Dansby there would have been about five "like you said," interjections in the quote.

I would trade Dansby, Tony McDaniel and Matt Moore for whatever we can get for them. We need olinemen and receivers.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

If it was Karlos Dansby there would have been about five "like you said," interjections in the quote.

I thought his favorite line was "know what I'm sayin" :chuckle:

He's 24 :lol:

Dude came into the league very young and we could've worked with him, period.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Even if what you say is correct... He was the best defensive back with all of those excuses. You see what i'm saying? He was the BEST DB despite all those issues he had. Just imagine if we kept him and he pulled a Soliai and matured with age... Like most humans do..

A 2nd round pick? Another Misi or Pat White for Vontae? Please..

The coaching staff feels different from you, that he wasn't the best, rather third best. So diff of opinion. If you thought instead what the staff thinks would u not make the trade? I don't know you but I have to trust prof talent evaluators over your opinion. I to think vontea has potential but if that's not being improved on and he currently in ur eyes is third best.......

Back
Top Bottom