Tannehill # 1 pick in this years draft! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill # 1 pick in this years draft!

The OP is comparing Tannehill to this years crop of quarterbacks in the draft. Compared to those coming out now, Tannehill most likely would be the first quarterback off the board. With the Chiefs likely going QB at #1, Tannehill probably would be the #1 overall pick in 2013.

I guarantee that Kansas City would trade us the first overall pick right now for Tannehill. We would be foolish to accept that offer though. In a different year we would take that deal, but they wouldnt offer it.

It's quite possible. Tannehill woild have been money in the Sumlin/Kingsbury offense Johnny Football ran all the way to the Heisman. If Tannehill was still in school and developed at the rate he was showing in an offense that used his athleticism more he'd be top 5 for sure. Let's take a look at the top guys right now...

Matt Barkley has arm strength questions, a bad shoulder now, and a bit of an attitude problem (very rude to a few radio stations requesting interviews and tends to be a jerk on twitter when people don't like something he does)

Geno Smith had great numbers but struggled against competent defenses and had the best WR corp in the country, and is a late riser

Logan Thomas won't even enter the draft cause he struggled so badly

Tyler Bray is a moron

So your choice if you need a QB this year is hope for Geno or Barkley to be consistent or that Bray will get his head out of his ass. Those options are all better than picking Mike Glennon.

Of course, my personal favorite is Tajh Boyd but he isn't entering.

I guarantee that Kansas City would trade us the first overall pick right now for Tannehill. We would be foolish to accept that offer though. In a different year we would take that deal, but they wouldnt offer it.

We are very lucky that the Dolphins got their quarterback in the last draft and don't have to worry about looking through this bunch. Sucky year to be looking for a quarterback like the Chiefs, Cardinals, Bills and Jets are.

We are very lucky that the Dolphins got their quarterback in the last draft and don't have to worry about looking through this bunch. Sucky year to be looking for a quarterback like the Chiefs, Cardinals, Bills and Jets are.

which is ironic because at this time 2 years ago, and even last year, people thought the 2013 class would be really good...

Matt Barkley had a rough year
Tom Savage has transferred twice
Logan Thomas underachieved
Tyler Wilson was hurt by a crappy year
Tyler Bray is an idiot
Brock Osweiler entered last year's draft

I still cringe and want to curl up into a fetal position every time I recall that some people wanted us to draft Landry Jones in November of last year.

He was good for a while and then he hit the thickest wall I have ever seen a college QB hit.
I still cringe and want to curl up into a fetal position every time I recall that some people wanted us to draft Landry Jones in November of last year.

He was good for a while and then he hit the thickest wall I have ever seen a college QB hit.

he was good on a fairly loaded OU offense. Looked shakey the next year, and then when Broyles got hurt he fell flat. Can't read a defense either.

My stance was always take whatever QB you think will be the future whether I liked it or not.

That's another guy to add to my list, went in to last year looking like he'd be a lock first rounder, now... yeesh.

Tannehill will be defined in 2013 by the 4th Qtr and winning. Teams headed to the Playoffs in 2012. The QBs did it in the the 4th QTR Colts (Luck-7 GW/OT Drives) Matt Ryan 6. Russell Wilson 4. Tannehill had Michael Egnew in 2012, so he gets a Pass. But 2013 we need some Game Winning Drives Dude.

i wonder what people would say IF Luck, RGIII and Wilson somehow hit the wall or play less dynamic in their sophomore seasons in the NFL come 2013 and Tannehill ascends in his development to become a top 10-12 QB?

Tannehill will be defined in 2013 by the 4th Qtr and winning. Teams headed to the Playoffs in 2012. The QBs did it in the the 4th QTR Colts (Luck-7 GW/OT Drives) Matt Ryan 6. Russell Wilson 4. Tannehill had Michael Egnew in 2012, so he gets a Pass. But 2013 we need some Game Winning Drives Dude.

I actually started a thread about this earlier today. Contrary to what some may think, he is a pretty good 4th QTR QB. 6TD's only 3 INT's

BY QUARTERCMPATTYDSCMP%AVGLNGTDINTSACKRATATTYDSAVGLNGTD
QUARTER = 16610867561.16.253512874.47385.4131
QUARTER = 27111885360.27.235735873.218502.8311
QUARTER = 36411170757.76.373722875.26538.8300
QUARTER = 477140999557.148063118318703.920

Tannehill wouldn't be picked first. He'd end up a 2nd or 3rd round pick because he'd be a backup on his own team.

Given another year, you can assert he'd be the first pick, or that he would have been benched by the new regime in favor of Manziel. Neither one is particularly outlandish, IMO. I'm amazed the second option has not been brought up.

That's a lofty assignment, top of the draft. I'd have to back away. Tannehill has looked solid but seldom extraordinary. The team picking first generally wants a hint of extraordinary.

I looked at Tannehill's stats. Third down was the issue. Very poor there. When he missed Reggie Bush last week that was a third down play. I looked at the tape last night and that pass was even more dreadful than I sensed at the time. Reggie was 4 yards in the clear for a certain touchdown yet the pass wasn't close. Tannehill was roughed on the play but it came from his right and didn't impact the throw at all. Long gone. Tannehill actually was bailed out by the television coverage because they replayed the late hit but not the terrible throw. A few weeks ago Reggie was used on a deep sideline route to the left and the ball sailed wildly out of bounds. At least one prominent poster tried to claim it that Reggie's fault, that he should have sensed to cut the route short for a back shoulder throw. Disregard that the ball would have been over his head anyway. If we're going to apologize for Tannehill on that play it's insane to completely ignore how far off he was on the deep ball to Reggie at New England. We obviously saved that design for a special moment and it broke wide open. There's an industry on this site to pretend everything Tannehill does is glorious, or can't be criticized. In looking at the game again last night I don't see how that performance can be viewed as anything but weak. You'd have to have made your mind up ahead of time, and determine to stick to it. Other than a handful of nice throws, notably on play action to his right early in the game to Hartline, Tannehill was tentative and indeed demonstrated very poor pocket awareness. Reggie likewise had a poor game, other than one or two meaningless runs and the route he broke free.

Anyway, Tannehill has got some strange numbers depending where he is on the field. His completion percentage and yards per attempt were notably higher on his own end. Did surprisingly well from his own 1-20. But the bulk of his interceptions were from his own 21-50. I think it's 8 interceptions when plays started in that range.

Did you even read the post? Where did the OP suggest anything that even remotely related to comparing RT to Marino, or anything you are mentioning in your post? Talk about, "Dude please"...

I read the OP and If you can read, you will see that I'm speaking about Fin Fans in general that were mentioning Tannehill as if he is/will be the second coming of Marino. Also when I mention Marino, it's meant as an example of a great quarterback, not the actual guy. I could've easily inserted Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. Now can you refute any of the points I made about what Tannehill needs to do better before we can even assume he'd be worth the no.1 overall pick in any draft? If he successfully did the five things I mentioned in my original post, then we can have a hypothetical discussion about him being worth the 1st pick in any draft.

Back
Top Bottom