Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them

A lot of athletes don't follow sports - even their own.

I could see their mentality being: f@!$k watching - I'm going to play

As long as he knows who the Jets are (or aren't for that matter)

Why is it sad??? His focus is on the football field where it should be. It's not an indication he isn't intelligent (which isn't in doubt in his case). It just means he hasn't paid attention to something that hasn't impacted or affected him to this point in his life. Nothing wrong with that. It is kind of funny though.

Not so much sad as in a pathetic unintelligent sense, I guess sad was the wrong word to use. Like I said in my original post I don't think its a big deal at all I was just posting it up for discussion

As long he knows where the blitz is coming from, I care less about his knowledge about the NFC.

Why is it sad??? His focus is on the football field where it should be. It's not an indication he isn't intelligent (which isn't in doubt in his case). It just means he hasn't paid attention to something that hasn't impacted or affected him to this point in his life. Nothing wrong with that. It is kind of funny though.

Not so much sad as in a pathetic unintelligent sense, I guess sad was the wrong word to use. Like I said in my original post I don't think its a big deal at all I was just posting it up for discussion

Didn't they just build a $60 million high school stadium somewhere in Texas that required voters to approve a bond referendum??? I think I heard something like 65% of voters approved the referendum. High school football is life in some Texas towns.

Yep. That high school stadium is nicer than some of the dumps NFL teams play in. Like I said, high school football and college football is king in these regions and cultures. Always has been and always will be. I know because I've been part of it for almost 50 years.

I thought it was an interesting scene. Moore was giving Tanny **** about that (lightheartedly). You can see why teamates like Moore. He has a great attitude and seems fun to be around. He'll have no problem finding a job after his pro career. It won't happen, but I wish we could sign him to stick around as the backup QB. He's really the perfect 2nd string QB, but the reality in this league is there are enough QB hungry teams that he'll have a chance to start for a lesser team somewhere.

Yep. That high school stadium is nicer than some of the dumps NFL teams play in. Like I said, high school football and college football is king in these regions and cultures. Always has been and always will be. I know because I've been part of it for almost 50 years.

Off Topic, but here's to a good game Saturday Slimm (I'm a Michigan fan) I think the game will be closer than the experts are saying, but I'm not expecting a win.

Off Topic, but here's to a good game Saturday Slimm (I'm a Michigan fan) I think the game will be closer than the experts are saying, but I'm not expecting a win.

Should be a good one. I think Coach Hoke is an ideal fit for Michigan and I really like the job Coach Mattison has done with the defense. I have Michigan playing for the Big-10 title this year. I think you Michigan fans are in for a big season.

Won't lie I have issues remembering too. I know what teams are together in divisions but not always what division they belong to.

Example: Cowboys, Skins, Eagles, Giants..... 99% sure they are NFC East. I hope?

You would think that, But look how NFL.com is trying to spin it.

[h=3]Ryan Tannehill thinks the Chiefs are in the NFC East[/h]I kid you not. He also thinks the New York Giants are in the NFC North. Let's have him try to explain:
"I wasn't a huge pro fan growing up; I wasn't loyal to any one team. Don't really know the divisions even really the conferences," he said. "I know most of the conferences, but some of those I really have no clue. And they don't make sense! You have the AFC East and we're freaking in the bottom of the map. The directions don't make any sense where the teams actually are."
Ladies and gentleman, the new franchise cornerstone of your Miami Dolphins!
Extra comedy comes by way of Moore, who draws Tannehill into this discussion, then slyly smiles at the camera as the rookie falls into an infinite abyss of naïveté. Sweet payback on the kid who stole his job.

Should be a good one. I think Coach Hoke is an ideal fit for Michigan and I really like the job Coach Mattison has done with the defense. I have Michigan playing for the Big-10 title this year. I think you Michigan fans are in for a big season.

biggest issues right now are DL (Aside from Roh, Campbell nobody else in our lineup or ration have really gotten meaningful time) and WR (Losing a lot of height, top 3 WRs include a 5'10 Roundtree and 2 5'8 players in Gallon and DiLeo). For once, we don't have issues at LB or secondary.

Cowboys are NFC East, but Dallas is more south than east. It would make more sense to put Dallas in the NFC South and Carolina in the NFC East, but the divisions are set up to maintain decades old rivalries.

What does this has to do with his performance on the field!!!

Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick.

I want my QB to know EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. I don't want Tannehill pulling McNabb type nonsense. Learn your division. Learn those opponents. Know those rosters up and down. Who try are. How to spell their names. Where they're from. What school try attended. Where their Momma lives. KNOW IT.

Back
Top Bottom