Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them

I don't know if you bothered to continue reading, but I went on to specifically mention those teans rosters. More specifically their defensive personnel. This is his profession. If he wants to climb to the top of the game, he needs to know everything about it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but in my line of work I'm paid to think and analyze. It benefits me to know everything about what I do. I imagine Tannehill can benefit from the same line of thinking.

Prioritize..I'm sure you may disagree, But I would emphasizes that he knows more about HIS team at this stage than every other team in the NFL.As a starting NFL rookie QB I can't even begin to imagine the contents of his plate. However, I'm sure at this point the roster of the Kansas City Chiefs defensive personnel can wait!!

I don't know if you bothered to continue reading, but I went on to specifically mention those teans rosters. More specifically their defensive personnel. This is his profession. If he wants to climb to the top of the game, he needs to know everything about it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but in my line of work I'm paid to think and analyze. It benefits me to know everything about what I do. I imagine Tannehill can benefit from the same line of thinking.

You act like just because he doesn't know who falls into each division that it means he doesn't know his opponents.

The kid is doing everything to prepare and I highly doubt that he won't be prepping extensively for each and every opponent hes facing that week. I could care less if he knows what division they fall into.

OVERANALYZING

I applaud you for thinking while you work. No one else on this forum does that. You must have a very important job. I applaud you.

How many people do you think know the structure of the company they work? Especially if it's multi-regional. Further, As long as he's familiar with his opponents, thennnnnnnn?....

A 10 year old could rattle off what teams are in each division. It isn't complicated and it's nothing like the framework of a professional company.

You act like just because he doesn't know who falls into each division that it means he doesn't know his opponents.

The kid is doing everything to prepare and I highly doubt that he won't be prepping extensively for each and every opponent hes facing that week. I could care less if he knows what division they fall into.

OVERANALYZING

Again, I'm placing emphasis on Tannehill knowing the defensive personnel within the AFC East inside and out. Where are you guys struggling with reading and I'll try to help you out best I can.

I want my QB to be smart and know more than anyone else by vein well informed of what he'll see twice a year. I must be an idiot for asking so much lol.

Again, I'm placing emphasis on Tannehill knowing the defensive personnel within the AFC East inside and out. Where are you guys struggling with reading and I'll try to help you out best I can.

I want my QB to be smart and know more than anyone else by vein well informed of what he'll see twice a year. I must be an idiot for asking so much lol.

Talk about moving the Goal Post!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Tannehill but, any football player or fan that does not know the teams/divisions they're in... That's like not knowing the alphabet. Retarded.

I like Tannehill but, any football player or fan that does not know the teams/divisions they're in... That's like not knowing the alphabet. Retarded.

He's a bright kid and can learn it quicker than most that post here.

It's a little strange. Maybe he was just having a scatterbrain moment and it came off wrong. He should be making himself familiar with the defenses he's going to be facing twice a year and not knowing the teams.. kinda strange. I have a hard time believing someone like Zach Thomas didn't spend the time to learn everything about the opposing teams in our division. This isn't a criticism of Tannehill. I love the kid, but it does seem strange.

agreed. If my 8 year old knows every team in each division after two years of watching football than I don't think it's out of bounds to say that it's really weird that the starting QB for an NFL team doesn't know it.

Not a big deal. Now if he doesn't know the overtime rules a la Donovan McNabb then I would be more concerned.

agreed. If my 8 year old knows every team in each division after two years of watching football than I don't think it's out of bounds to say that it's really weird that the starting QB for an NFL team doesn't know it.

Don't tell that to these dudes here. Wouldn't want our QB to have to learn stuff.

Serious question: does your 8 year old know every team in the BIG 12 conference?

A 10 year old could rattle off what teams are in each division. It isn't complicated and it's nothing like the framework of a professional company.
Because these kids were CONDITIONED to remember all the different divisions. We're just football dorks. I'm glad Ryan didn't spend time studying the different divisions, he was probably spending time with his gorgeous wife.

who cares? seriously. like how does that even matter? He's a first year NFL player. He'll learn them.

Back
Top Bottom