Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage

If anyone thinks we can sign someone and that QB will be up to full speed by the time the season comes in Gase' offense, then you are sadly mistaken.

We already have a QB in the building who is ready.

We have three that are ready but three that I don't want to start the season with

As bad as the replay looks it could still be scar tissue becoming loose. If any of you've experienced that sort of thing... when it pops loose it can have a shooting and sharp pain. The after effect may even involve "floaters" that could require a scoping of the knee to clean it up. Alot less serious than an ACL but still 2-5 weeks probably of recovery. Otherwise we roll with MM and hope that the defense carries us along with a good ground game. It's not like we don't have things to still be hopeful of. Timmons, McMillian, Verner, McDonald, C. Harris, improved DT play, Reshad being back, a healthy DB squad, added depth and of course Wake and Suh, and that's a world of difference then what we played with in the playoffs. On the Offense, throw in Julius Thomas and a monster year from our receivers and the offense is certainly capable of maintaining itself . Pick up an insurance policy of a QB for a year and let's get the next man up mentality working! NEVER SAY DIE!

Does that typically indicate a tear?

That last power step he took is about gaining as many yards before the defender arrives. He put it down with serious force. I have no doubts he heard a pop and got in the air to get off it

Only real hope here is it was scar tissue he heard but that was a lot of force

And fearing the worse tells me the prelim diag is the worst.

As some have stated above, on a day Tom Brady turns 40 with no apparent end in sight of ending his career, we can't keep our 20 something year old QB healthy.

When does this curse end? What did this franchise do wrong to piss off the football Gods? Someone help me understand!!!?!?!!!???!!!!!!!!??????!!!!! :(

So is this pretty much locked in as a long term disastrous injury or are we still speculating based on the video?

Team is "concerned" on top of that non-contact video - ya I guess you can say were still 'speculating' .. but think it would almost take a miracle to not get bad news confirmed.

So is this pretty much locked in as a long term disastrous injury or are we still speculating based on the video?

It's all speculation at this point, but you can make pretty strong assumptions from that video.

He plants and his knee buckles straight forward, not to either side. It's the ACL, and my guess is it's now officially gone. As is our season.

Christ, who can get any work done with this going on....give us some news! (And a big thank you to the FH members here keeping us posted)

As some have stated above, on a day Tom Brady turns 40 with no apparent end in sight of ending his career, we can't keep our 20 something year old QB healthy.

When does this curse end? What did this franchise do wrong to piss off the football Gods? Someone help me understand!!!?!?!!!???!!!!!!!!??????!!!!! :(

To be fair, Brady was out for the year in 2008 when he was 31 years old (older than Tannehill is). He recovered since obviously.

I can't believe everything folks can see from that video. I have bad eyesight but wow. I agree this is likely bad news but remember he popped up in 15 seconds :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom