Tannehill STILL hasn't had surgery | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill STILL hasn't had surgery

Armando got that before Jeff D or Rap- tip of hat to Armando

Hmmm...funny though..... he's ok with taking & risking millions of dollars of the team's money to finance his "real life outside of football" .....guess he should have no qualms about the team's concerns or needs, huh?

There's a big difference between looking out for your health and having "no qualms about the team's concerns or needs".

If he's no looking out for his own health, who is?

(I never claimed to, you did)

You also don't know the extent of the injury nor anything about its treatment. You don't know the medical advice he got nor would you understand it if you did.

ACL injuries recur all the time. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have reinjured it had he opted for surgery instead (probably against doctors' advice), at least none that you can outline, because you don't know nor understand the extent of the injury nor its treatment options.

You're just angry that a player got injured in a violent sport and want somebody to blame.

I never claimed to know anything.....like others, I was just puzzled as to why no decision was being made or when one would be made......And I do know that in the majority of ACL cases like his, surgery is the only real option.

Now we have the answer....good.

BTW.....I wasn't "angry" about anything nor wanting to blame (??) anyone .....frustrated is more like it (and concerned he'd go with the stem cell thing all over again)......however, since the right decision has been made, time to move on.

There's a big difference between looking out for your health and having "no qualms about the team's concerns or needs".

If he's no looking out for his own health, who is?

He has every right to look out for his own health.......but implying that that should be his only concern is ignoring the fact that the team is paying him millions of dollars and relying on some timetable for his return and he at least owes them that and/or a return on their investment.......they rewarded him with a exorbitant contract extension.....it's not too much to ask that he have some consideration for the team's opinions or demands.

Last edited:
He has every right to look out for his own health.......but implying that that should be his only concern is ignoring the fact that the team is paying him millions of dollars and relying on some timetable for his return and he at least owes them that and/or a return on their investment.......they rewarded him with a exorbitant contract extension.....it's not too much to ask that he have some consideration for the team's opinions or demands.

I seriously doubt there is anyone that wants Tannehill to get back to the team more than Tannehill himself. That is likely why he went the non-surgery route last year. He hurts his knee in week 14 last year, when would he have been back if he had surgery?

Tannehill has proven himself to be a competitor, and until his knee last year has also proven to be quite durable, despite taking one of the highest sack totals in the league every season that he has played.

My only point through all of these posts has been that you cannot just take the team doctors advice as gospel, because they only have the team's best interests at heart, not the health of the players.

Back
Top Bottom