Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself

cleezy13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With Tannehill having such little body of work ( A&Ms Leading reciever before he switched to qb) this kids upside has huge potential esp at 6'4 220 and is a great runner. He is smart, has great pocket presence, can absolutely sling it, throws good on the run, steps into all his throws even when hes under pressure, can make all the throws at the next level and more importantly he beat the heisman trophey winner RG3 convincingly who was none exsitant when under pressure!!!......Now I know RGs stats were better at the end of the year but RG was in an easy offense with tons of talent and Tannehill wasnt that far off and Ill say it again this kid was a reciever not a qb until he had to fill that roll and stepped right in!! Check out the game see for yourself. This kid is legit and we def should grab him in my oppinion!! RG3 is big hype yeah he ran a 4.3 and can sling it...Well so can mike vick and vick was electrifying and has a way better arm then RG3 dont get me wrong but he was also big hype as well....And last time I checked all that athletic ability and top 10 plays translated into 0 superbowl appearences and 0 division champs...Just saying!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HT57THwIZwg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[youtube]HT57THwIZwg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man! Tannehill is a stud! I think this video just sold me on Peyton in FA and Tannehill at 8!!! That is if Washington doesn't take him at 6...

With Tannehill having such little body of work ( A&Ms Leading reciever before he switched to qb) this kids upside has huge potential esp at 6'4 220 and is a great runner. He is smart, has great pocket presence, can absolutely sling it, throws good on the run, steps into all his throws even when hes under pressure, can make all the throws at the next level and more importantly he beat the heisman trophey winner RG3 convincingly who was none exsitant when under pressure!!!......Now I know RGs stats were better at the end of the year but RG was in an easy offense with tons of talent and Tannehill wasnt that far off and Ill say it again this kid was a reciever not a qb until he had to fill that roll and stepped right in!! Check out the game see for yourself. This kid is legit and we def should grab him in my oppinion!! RG3 is big hype yeah he ran a 4.3 and can sling it...Well so can mike vick and vick was electrifying and has a way better arm then RG3 dont get me wrong but he was also big hype as well....And last time I checked all that athletic ability and top 10 plays translated into 0 superbowl appearences and 0 division champs...Just saying!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HT57THwIZwg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had the smallest hands of all the QBs at the Combine.. measuring a 9 when the avg is 9.25 or 9.5. Could be a concern in rainy, snowy and cold weather, especially for such a big guy and considering that Drew Brees's handsize is a 10.25. (although Vick's is 8.5 and that doesn't seem to be a problem in Philly lately). Not saying it's a knock out punch or even close.... just something else to factor in.

RG3 blows Tannenhill out of the water. Even if RG3 weren't athletic, he's still without a shadow of a doubt the #2 QB prospect in the draft. If we get Manning I wouldn't mind trading down and taking a stab at him if available.

Better than RG3?? R U SERIOUS? You need to give me whatever you are on.

stop it please this is a dumb statement pretty much everything you described that tannehill does is what RG3 does only way better and what do you mean rg3 never had pressure he threw a game winning 40 yard td while gettting hit pretty sure everyone has seen that highlight and he already explained that his offense was not as easy as everyone thought which was later confirmed by NFL scouts after his interview and the comparison to vick is becasue he's black and fast him and vick have about the same arm strength but RG3 is way more accurate and way smarter than vick plus 3 inches taller he doesn't have all this hype just because his forty it's because he was BETTTER than adrew luck this year and won a heisman

stop it please this is a dumb statement pretty much everything you described that tannehill does is what RG3 does only way better and what do you mean rg3 never had pressure he threw a game winning 40 yard td while gettting hit pretty sure everyone has seen that highlight and he already explained that his offense was not as easy as everyone thought which was later confirmed by NFL scouts after his interview and the comparison to vick is becasue he's black and fast him and vick have about the same arm strength but RG3 is way more accurate and way smarter than vick plus 3 inches taller he doesn't have all this hype just because his forty it's because he was BETTTER than adrew luck this year and won a heisman
Heisman means nothing. Would you rather have Tim Tebow or Matt Stafford?

LOL your talking about one highlight where he just threw it up which is the only highlight he has I believe when actually under pressure. RG3 is a great COLLEGE qb esp in the spread where everything is easy as hell to process and it allows guys like him to put up big numbers also add in first round talent at reciever and you got a guy with big numbers and alot of hype, Baylor wasnt **** until his 4th year... Tannehill put his team on the map immediately once he got the opportunity in basically one year of work let alone if Tannehill was in RG3 System his numbers would have drastically improved shoot there numbers were somewhat close aside from picks which come with more experience and Tannehill didnt have the talent offensivly that RG3 did. Let alone Tannehill out preformed RG3 head to head in stats and got the W.... Also, alot of RG3s big plays were when he moved around a little in the pocket and chucked up a deep ball to his first round reciever off his back foot that wont fly in the NFL thats for sure and if Im not mistaking wasnt the knock on him that his deep ball throws werent all that great? As far as accuracy how hard is it to throw to a guy wide open in a 5wr set I could put up big numbers in that offense look at all the qbs that come from a spread offense all have huge numbers?? And they all stink in the NFL.... Like I said dont get me wrong hes a great player but id rather hed my bet on the guy who learned from sherman who has groomed good qbs then a guy who runs a spread offense and all they do is no huddle throw no huddle throw cause everyone is always open. Bottom line RG3 will never win a superbowl or even prob not even a div champ hes all flash that wont get you over the hump for a ring. Only time will tell.

Had the smallest hands of all the QBs at the Combine.. measuring a 9 when the avg is 9.25 or 9.5. Could be a concern in rainy, snowy and cold weather, especially for such a big guy and considering that Drew Brees's handsize is a 10.25. (although Vick's is 8.5 and that doesn't seem to be a problem in Philly lately). Not saying it's a knock out punch or even close.... just something else to factor in.

Forget knockout punch, I don't think it's even a factor. He fumbled 4 times in 2011, only lost 1 of them. For as many times as he touched the ball, that's really good.

Hand size means nothing. Dan Marino had small hands. Daunte Culpepper had tiny hands if I recall, which didn't stop him from throwing for like 4700 yards one year nor was it related to the fact that his brains were even tinier.

It's just one of those things that people measure and because they have... want to turn into something relevant. If they started measuring how far apart quarterbacks' eyes are people would instantly turn that into a "depth perception" metric and swear up and down it was predictive of something.

Both look very promising. I don't think there is anyway to forecast who will out do who in the pros right now. Both have huge upside. And Tannehill does blow my mind how well he did so quickly, and would have to think he only gets better. So will RG3 though. I don't think it's right to say either one blows the other guy away at this point.

Back
Top Bottom