Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself

Tebow has been more successful in the nfl than stafford-he won a playoff game without the best wr in the game.

Are you smoking crack? Stafford is a top 5 QB in the NFL! Tim Tebow and the Broncos barely squeaked into the playoffs and barely beat the steelers who were completely broken. You are a complete homer if you think Tebow is better then Matthew Stafford.

I like what I'm hearing and seeing with Tannehill but to me RG3 is farther along in his developement and they seem to be the same style QB.

Time for someone to point out the obvious (besides the fact that Tebow is not in the same galaxy as Stafford)... These two QB's are comparable; both have upside, are good athletes, leaders, intelligent, need more pro QB experience...etc. And either or both could bust. What cannot be compared is their value to the Dolphins. One is not worth 3 1st round draft picks plus 2 seconds plus whomever and whatever else it will cost to draft him, when the other can be acquired for just 1 first round pick. Giving away 4+ future blue chip players (minimum) for one prospect, who clearly has competition, would be an unforgivable risk (people should be fired and disgraced) no matter how it turns out.

Balance sheet using this year's draft:

1. Robert Griffen III

or

1. Ryan Tannehill
1. Quentin Coples
1. Trent Richardson
2. Stephen Hill
2. Colby Fleener
plus whatever else

No way Ditka-- Not gonna fly

RW

People are concerned that Tannehill wasn't good enough for Sherman to pick him before this past season. Doesn't it just click for players sometimes? Sherman had him at WR, where he was very productive, and clearly thought "my best option right now is to give this kid a chance at QB". Tannehill caught a break and he seized his opportunity. What some people see as a negative, I think is a tremendous indication of the kid's character.

Remember, Tannehill sat in on all QB sessions during the time he was a WR. He was learning during that time, even if he wasn't out there. Sherman obviously liked what see saw in the classroom and in whatever QB drills Tannehill participated in. He's a little further on in development than people think, he's clearly a quick learner, he clearly doesn't need a second invitation to grab an opportunity and he's clearly a leader. Can you imagine the rest of the roster's initial emotions when Sherman tells them the WR is going to be this season's QB? They were probably s****** themselves, probably had serious doubts about Tannehill. It didn't take him long to get them on his side. I like that. I think it shows GMs and coaches more about the guy than they would get from any of the many 4-year starters who had a team and a cushy system built around him.

Does that mean he'll be a guaranteed successful starting NFL QB? Hell no. But I do believe that the perceived knocks on him are actually evidence of traits that will help him in the pros. I've been supporting this guy all year as a solid draft pick. I'm not convinced he's worth #8, because I believe picks 1-10 should be on guys who start tomorrow. But with the new rookie scale, it's a smaller financial risk than it was.

If we swapped 8 and our second with the Bengals two picks, plus an extra pick, I'd take Tannehill and Glenn and run for the hills.

I like what I'm hearing and seeing with Tannehill but to me RG3 is farther along in his developement and they seem to be the same style QB.

The big difference between them is: RG 3 can start right away. Tannehill needs a year or two of learning and more seasoning.

Definitely don't agree there.

Tannehill is a good qb, but I could't see him coming in and startign asap. He would be better off sitting behind someone like Jake Locker for a year and learning the system and speed of the nfl.

Tannehill is a good qb, but I could't see him coming in and startign asap. He would be better off sitting behind someone like Jake Locker for a year and learning the system and speed of the nfl.

I'm talking about the RG3 CAN start right away. He may be able to, I'm not sure if he should or if it would be completely successful.

I'm talking about the RG3 CAN start right away. He may be able to, I'm not sure if he should or if it would be completely successful.

I think if u trade all those picks for him, then u gotta start him. Throw him into the fire and see what happens. I thought the Panthers made a foolish move when they let Newton start, but look how he turned out.

The big difference between them is: RG 3 can start right away. Tannehill needs a year or two of learning and more seasoning.
I'm not saying that Tannehill doesn't need time to develop, but how is the guy who comes out of a more gimmicky than usual spread offense farther along developmentally than the one coming out of a pro style offense?

I'm not saying that Tannehill doesn't need time to develop, but how is the guy who comes out of a more gimmicky than usual spread offense farther along developmentally than the one coming out of a pro style offense?

You make a great point. My argument is that RG 3, talent and shear athletism and talents will take over, no matter what system he is in. Don't get me wrong. I think Tannehill will be a fine nfl qb, I just don't think he is a better option then RG 3.

I think if u trade all those picks for him, then u gotta start him. Throw him into the fire and see what happens. I thought the Panthers made a foolish move when they let Newton start, but look how he turned out.

Which furthers my thought process that nobody should trade so much for the guy. He's got questions to answer, and quite a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom