Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast?

yolli71

Club Member
Reaction score
I know Sanchez sucks, but we always hear about how he's never been surrounded by any talent. How has his supporting cast been any worse than what Tannehill has now?

Jets
WR - Holmes, Kerley, Edwards, and their 2nd round pick Hill
RB - Greene, McKnight, Powell
TE - Keller

Dolphins
WR - Hartline, Bess, bunch of scrubs
RB - Bush, Thomas, Miller (who's barely played)
TE - Fasano

I know Holmes and Keller have been out for much of this year, but Sanchez sucked last year too when he had them for the full season. And he's always had a pretty solid O-line w/ Ferguson, Mangold, and Moore. I'd say that Tannehill's supporting cast is just as bad if not worse, yet he's playing way better than Sanchez. Maybe Tannehill should get more credit for his play with such a weak offensive squad.

Eh. To be honest, does it really matter. Sanchez probably just played his last career game as a starting qb in the nfl and Tannys career is just starting. One is a first round bust and one is a rookie who's book has yet to be written

Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL. Supporting cast doesn't matter when you are as inept as Sanchez

When healthy there's substantially more talent on that jests O, but it doesn't matter with Sanchez. His ineptitude might ruin Hill's promising career. Stick Sanchez on Arizona and he'd waste Fitzgerald as thoroughly as a Skelton or Lindley does. Because that's the quality of QB he is: ****.

Sanchez flourished because his defense was lights out. You cannot discount the effect of Ladanian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards, Holmes, Keller, etc. That is a pretty decent cast even with LT being on the downside of his career. Miami has never had close to that offensively in the past decade.

Many knew it was a huge reach when the jets traded up to draft him. However his early success because of the defense hid his inadequacies. Now that the defense sucks, he is being forced to be a real qb and win games that he never had to in the past and couldn't anyway.

I wonder if Sparano brought out the air horn in training camp. Did Henne wonders...

Sanchez probably just played his last career game as a starting qb in the nfl and Tannys career is just starting.

If this ends up being true, he is about to become the highest paid backup in the league. His 2013 cap hit for the Jets is going to be around $13 million. They will have a cap hit of $17 million if they cut him. :lol:

Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about when he declared Taco not ready for prime time.

I remember thinking how selfish Pete Carroll was by declaring Sanchez not being ready for the NFL. Obviously in hindsight, Pete was right. I am not sure that the extra year at USC would have helped but one thing I am sure of is the Jets handled him wrong from the start. At this point, I don't think he will ever make it, even as a back up. He lacks the mental toughness needed to be a successful leader and QB.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Sanchez to be our backup at league minimum if Moore and Devlin end up going elsewhere.

No chance.. Devlin has shown a lot of promise, even if against 3rd stringers.. I'm curious about him..

Moore who is arguably the 3rd best QB in the division will be moving on to compete for a starting job...Sight unseen I would take Devlin over Sanchez, as I would most any mentally-tough back-up over Taco not named Curtis Painter thank you.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Sanchez to be our backup at league minimum if Moore and Devlin end up going elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom