Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast?

The Browns are currently doing what Jeff Ireland and his gm's before him were doing with qb in Miami, making it a lesser priority than other positions.
There is no other position like qb. You dont sit around in a draft and hope u get lucky. We may have took Tannehill slightly high but we addressed the importance of the qb position finally.
I mean look at the Drew Brees draft, just sitting right there and we took Jamar Fletcher because we felt he was not an improvement over jay Fielder. Then we went 2002 all the way to 2007 before we made any effort to take qb seriously. We still didnt really take it that seriously because we took a raw wr over a Qb(now quinn has not turned out good but the point is they did not take the position seriously enough)
They then took an over aged draft pick in the second round that only threw to his rb's and Te;s. The very next year Ireland and crew were here and they decided to pass on Matt Ryan for a LT and wait until later to draft their qb. 2009 we added to our qb mess because suppedly belichek or the cowboys were rumoured to be drafting White so we overdrafted him.

The Browns could have moved up one spot and drafted RG3 OR down and got maybe tannehill but they made qb a second priority and waited in draft. They havent put qb priority since they drafted Couch maybe they are gunshy

the gm is taking major heat for not trading up for rg3...i guess cleveland also doesn't realize the shelf life on rg3 with the way the skins are using him is getting shorter every time he gets hit...i told my buddy who is a die hard skins fan enjoy it while you can cause when all that contact catches up with rg3 and it won't be long before it does it's gonna be a free fall...enjoy it while they can

the gm is taking major heat for not trading up for rg3...i guess cleveland also doesn't realize the shelf life on rg3 with the way the skins are using him is getting shorter every time he gets hit...i told my buddy who is a die hard skins fan enjoy it while you can cause when all that contact catches up with rg3 and it won't be long before it does it's gonna be a free fall...enjoy it while they can

I was saying that to a friend earlier this week, the skins as well as the panthers are using their QBs wrong. Sure its exciting watching them make plays on the ground, but you can't have them run it between the tackles on designed plays. If they take a bad hit and injure their throwing shoulder that is a slippery slope, not everyone makes miracle come backs like Drew Brees. Everyone who has played the game says the same thing, all hits add up, these running plays add to the blind side hits and others they will take when they have to drop back as a passer. I really hope these teams realize this sooner rather than later because you don't want to see talented players like RG3 and Cam Newton get seriously injured on a stupid QB designed run.

Back
Top Bottom