Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast?

The difference is Sanchez has had actual success helping us win big games and at no point did henne ever have the healthy weapons Mark had for the majority of this season. Henne may never have had 4 INT games but he's also never won a meaningful game.

Well I have actually defended Sanchez some because he has led them to playoffs and deep but u cant have it both ways. Sanchez has been bad this year esp for his experience. You sound like the Matt Ryan haters now trying to pick apart the one last straw that can make Ryan seem like not a good qb(He cant win a playoff game). Oh my I cant wait to hear the next excuse they try to come up with. If he wins playoff games and doesnt win the superbowl then I know what will be next, If he wins the superbowl it will be only because of his receivers. Sanchez may have been a mistake for u guys and you have to be worried because u have invested alot of time and alot of money in him. You dont have a replacement on the roster and his contract will make it hard for u to find a replacement for him. There is also not a long list of good free agents to bring in so he better work out for u. The tebow thing was perplexing, I think he went to the worst fit that he could find.

Well I have actually defended Sanchez some because he has led them to playoffs and deep but u cant have it both ways. Sanchez has been bad this year esp for his experience. You sound like the Matt Ryan haters now trying to pick apart the one last straw that can make Ryan seem like not a good qb(He cant win a playoff game). Oh my I cant wait to hear the next excuse they try to come up with. If he wins playoff games and doesnt win the superbowl then I know what will be next, If he wins the superbowl it will be only because of his receivers. Sanchez may have been a mistake for u guys and you have to be worried because u have invested alot of time and alot of money in him. You dont have a replacement on the roster and his contract will make it hard for u to find a replacement for him. There is also not a long list of good free agents to bring in so he better work out for u. The tebow thing was perplexing, I think he went to the worst fit that he could find.

He was awful this year and deserves plenty of blame but there are circumstances he had to deal w/. Consider his top weapons for the majority of the season were Kerley(good player, not a #1 guy though), Schilens, Gates, Cumberland & reuland. He doesn't have much of a chance. He didn't have to turn it over as much as he did but if he didn't many of his days just would have looked like McElroy last week.

When healthy we have some weapons. Potentially week 1 we could have holmes, Edwards, Hill, Kerley as our WRs along w/ Keller & Cumberalnd as our TEs. That's a significant upgrade from hwat we had this year so we'll see. I have not given up on sanchez, I hope the Jets don't for a couple of reasons- 1 is I think he can be fixed and 2 would be the cap ramifications. Bring in a vet to have a real competition, if he beats him out he gets his last shot, if not he's a backup for a year then we let him go.

He was awful this year and deserves plenty of blame but there are circumstances he had to deal w/. Consider his top weapons for the majority of the season were Kerley(good player, not a #1 guy though), Schilens, Gates, Cumberland & reuland. He doesn't have much of a chance. He didn't have to turn it over as much as he did but if he didn't many of his days just would have looked like McElroy last week.

When healthy we have some weapons. Potentially week 1 we could have holmes, Edwards, Hill, Kerley as our WRs along w/ Keller & Cumberalnd as our TEs. That's a significant upgrade from hwat we had this year so we'll see. I have not given up on sanchez, I hope the Jets don't for a couple of reasons- 1 is I think he can be fixed and 2 would be the cap ramifications. Bring in a vet to have a real competition, if he beats him out he gets his last shot, if not he's a backup for a year then we let him go.

I think yall should have brought back Plax being a jet fan have u heard why u did not bring him back and why he did not get any nfl offers

I think yall should have brought back Plax being a jet fan have u heard why u did not bring him back and why he did not get any nfl offers

I think they wanted to distance themselves from the LR stuff from 2011 plus as great as he was in the RZ he was pretty bad btw the 20s. I think if we had signed Braylon the season would have been different. he has looked good these 2 games and if mark had him all year I think he would have had a much better year.

Sanchez led his team to

7-7 + 2 games so meaningless to playoff bound teams that they sat their starters* and standing by, throwing 101 yds and typically less than 50% completion while the SD kicker choked on what were for him 2 chip shots. Henne could have and would have done at least as well. Did I mention that Sanchez couldn't even beat dead team walking at home Atlanta in game 14 (but then again they were actually trying to win)

11-5 + 2 legit playoff wins but no conference championship - or tagged along for the ride

8-8 including losing 5 of the last 9 and being statistically one of the worst QBs in the league not named Curtis Painter*

best 7-9 but just as likely 6-10 in a season where Sanchez was the worst starting league QB not named Ryan Lindley (only reason they have 6 victories) an inglorious and forever hnaunting "butt fumble" while getting humiliated at home for the 3rd or 4th time this season.

Henne has already demonstrated he's done more with less at Jacksonville.

But comparing Frick to Frack is less relevant as comparing Sanchez to Rex Grossman who actually won a Conference Championship and earned his way to the "Big Dance" (a waltz the jest never danced in the post-merger era).

Now we're getting the "lack of support" excuses which our resident trolls scoffed at when their present OC and Henning were ruining Henne while his diva QB was imploding, his line was more porous than swiss cheese and his running game disappeared faster than Michelle Ryan's unpixelated cooter close-up posts from alternative lifestyle web sites.

Gimme a ****ing break with this homeristic pretzel logic.

PS: just check out my signature (only modified for size) to determine whether you should take some individuals' opinions of The ButtFumbler seriously.

xmlw78-1.jpg
vaark: do you watch football?

Funny coming from the TGG poster whom the majority of fellow homers now write off as rainman-level delusional. But to answer your question straight up, when I do watch that 3 Ring Circus I don't do it through rose colored glasses.

i can't believe that guy still defends mark sanchez...saw something yesterday i think it was that he has 3 games this year with a single digit qb rating...something like that...now i'm
not a qbr is the end all be all when it comes to qbs guy but single digits in a 3rd of your games...oy vey

also saw something where a jets fan said sanchez pulled off a quadruple against the titans...threw an int into single coverage, double coverage, triple coverage, quadruple coverage....lmao...almost lost my lunch

Chad Henne, JAC
Brady Quinn, KC
Brandon Weeden, CLE
Mark Sanchez, NYJ
John Skelton, ARI
Real elite company, 2nd worst QB overall, but since Skelton started 2 games Mark gets a break from officially beinf the worst QB in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/stats/expanded

Not a big fan of QBR either but he has been awful, no more excuses for a top 5 traded up for QB in his 4th year

Junc Reponse- "Those are fantasy stats"

34Chad Henne, JAC20.7-7.3-16.12.7-0.13336.0-21.629.7
35Brady Quinn, KC6.80.4-10.62.7-0.62463.9-16.529.1
36Brandon Weeden, CLE18.9-4.5-22.50.1-8.06244.0-47.826.6
37Mark Sanchez, NYJ21.1-4.6-30.54.9-9.25190.0-43.025.0
38John Skelton, ARI-5.2-1.2-8.10.7-13.8240-13.2-33.113.9
Real elite company, 2nd worst QB overall, but since Skelton started 2 games Mark gets a break from officially beinf the worst QB in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/stats/expanded

Not a big fan of QBR either but he has been awful, no more excuses for a top 5 traded up for QB in his 4th year

Junc Reponse- "Those are fantasy stats"

Damn did anyone see that Brandon Weeden bandwagon so many were jumping on. Mike Sherman I liked as a hire and was somewhat dissapointed with his offense this year but at least it kept us from passing on Tannehill and possibly taking Weeden

weedens a maxed out best case average starting qb...so glad we didn't fall for that...i've heard a lot of clevelands very dissappointed with his play...personally you take away the vertical accuracy with is terrific and imo you got nothing...bad decisions bad athlete who can't avoid pressure or read coverage all that well and can't set up his protections...add in spotty intermediate and underneath accuracy and placement to boot

browns may be in the qb market again in 2013 if they get a new gm...which is the talk

i can't believe that guy still defends mark sanchez...saw something yesterday i think it was that he has 3 games this year with a single digit qb rating...something like that...now i'm
not a qbr is the end all be all when it comes to qbs guy but single digits in a 3rd of your games...oy vey

also saw something where a jets fan said sanchez pulled off a quadruple against the titans...threw an int into single coverage, double coverage, triple coverage, quadruple coverage....lmao...almost lost my lunch

Til his last dying breath, no matter how bad sanchez does. Biggest jets homer on the planet

weedens a maxed out best case average starting qb...so glad we didn't fall for that...i've heard a lot of clevelands very dissappointed with his play...personally you take away the vertical accuracy with is terrific and imo you got nothing...bad decisions bad athlete who can't avoid pressure or read coverage all that well and can't set up his protections...add in spotty intermediate and underneath accuracy and placement to boot

browns may be in the qb market again in 2013 if they get a new gm...which is the talk

The Browns are currently doing what Jeff Ireland and his gm's before him were doing with qb in Miami, making it a lesser priority than other positions.
There is no other position like qb. You dont sit around in a draft and hope u get lucky. We may have took Tannehill slightly high but we addressed the importance of the qb position finally.
I mean look at the Drew Brees draft, just sitting right there and we took Jamar Fletcher because we felt he was not an improvement over jay Fielder. Then we went 2002 all the way to 2007 before we made any effort to take qb seriously. We still didnt really take it that seriously because we took a raw wr over a Qb(now quinn has not turned out good but the point is they did not take the position seriously enough)
They then took an over aged draft pick in the second round that only threw to his rb's and Te;s. The very next year Ireland and crew were here and they decided to pass on Matt Ryan for a LT and wait until later to draft their qb. 2009 we added to our qb mess because suppedly belichek or the cowboys were rumoured to be drafting White so we overdrafted him.

The Browns could have moved up one spot and drafted RG3 OR down and got maybe tannehill but they made qb a second priority and waited in draft. They havent put qb priority since they drafted Couch maybe they are gunshy

Til his last dying breath, no matter how bad sanchez does. Biggest jets homer on the planet

He's very quick on the ole "you dont have a high enough post count to challenge the NYJUNC". when hes challended with facts:lol:

Back
Top Bottom