Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

Dolphins fans with a love-hate relationship with Ryan Tannehill think about this: If he's in this draft, he's probably No. 1 overall.

first qb off the board if you ask me...

Wallace Opens Up About 2013 Season

^^^^EXACTLY! Tanne by know means was perfect. Obviously, some of it was on him and some of it was on the O-lines part. But, anyone giving Mr.Wallace a free pass is absolutely BLIND.

Mr.Wallace, seems to expect every single pass to be on the money and plays like it. Thats a CRITICAL MENTAL ERROR on the part of the "#1" receiver.

Every single pass isn't going to be perfect. What are you, Mr.Wallace going to do to make something of the pass?

I understand that Mr.Wallace likely will never be a "Physical" WR, But that receiver coach, at the very least, absolutely needs to get on him about using his "attempts" at catching the ball to generate some "easy" pass interference calls.

I think Mike Wallace agrees with everything you said because he talked about his issues in an interview he did a few of months ago.
http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/wallace-opens-up-about-2013-season
On some of those deep balls, balls were underthrown, and Wallace admitted that he struggled coming back to the ball. According to him, that’s the number one thing he has to work on this offseason.

“I get open pretty deep often, but I feel like I need to come back and jump over a couple guys for sure,” said Wallace. “If I can pinpoint one thing, it’s to come back and jump over a couple guys when the ball comes short.”

Wallace realizes that he has to take what the defense gives him sometimes, and not get greedy always looking for the home run ball.

“I always want to make everything a touchdown instead of knowing that the ball is a little short, and that sometimes I have to attack it,” said Wallace. “Sometimes I need to know that this is not about to be a touchdown, it’s just going to be a big play for my football team. Like a first down, maybe a pass interference. I just got to stop trying to want to score so much.”

The point is that you cant expect ANY Starting QB to be consistent on a 60 yard marker throw. You just cant. Just because you and I have all seen highlights of beautiful bombs for tds doesnt mean that is an expectation from deep throw to deep throw. Tannehill is simply average. He isnt terrible and he isnt the best. I think that the fans' perception is a little off on how good or bad Tannehill is with the deep ball.

Part of the problem is that when a fan watches these huge 55+ throws to Wallace, people just expect that you can be consistently accurate with it. You cant, its not realistic and no QB is expected to be anymore or any less accurate with that particular throw. Hense, the reason why it is such a rare throw.

Tannehill has both an average bomb pass and an average deep ball. There is a difference and it needs to be recognized as such.

To the Bold. He has a better chance of completing 35-50 yard marker balls to the sideline. These crazy play designs A) require a crap O-line to hold up for more than 3 seconds. B) Position Wallace to the sidelines and require him to haul ass from the get go so then when the play is finally developed he is already 35+ yards down field before the ball is released.

Im hoping Lazor either adds stunted routes to Wallaces go routes when running the long extended backfield action. You just cant run that kind of backfield action with wallace running a plain go route.

I know you originally replied to me with this point, partly rebutting my point, but I actually agree with you fully. We put both players in bad positions to make a play with crap play calling.

But Sherman doesn't set Tannehill's feet, Ryan has to do that bit himself.

Dreaming but send our 1st and Wallace to Oakland and give me Sammy. That guy can high point a pass.

Back
Top Bottom