Tannehill will not last an entire year. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill will not last an entire year.

The biggest problem with this will be a theme that continues until April, overrating the QB class for this draft. It's been said many, many times this class isn't as good as last years. If we waste the number 11 pick on a QB we blow a shot at getting an impact player on defense which is the BIGGEST issue with this team right now. I don't think this is the year to draft a QB and I also don't buy into the idea that, "Tannehill won't last the season" at all. We're talking about a guy that has taken an absolute beating and kept coming. A guy who took one hit you can't take that caused an injury that was mishandled (hindsight is 20/20) which caused him to miss last year. With all of the players/QB's who have had surgically repaired ACL's and have been fine since I have a hard time believing Ryan will be any different. Also, if Ryan goes down we will likely have a high pick in next years draft and would know for sure by that point that the knee can't be trusted. I don't see that scenario playing out though, there is way too much history that suggests he'll be fine even though many will choose to ignore it. I think folks just love the process of a rookie QB so much that plays into it. Honestly when I look at the young QB's in the league I don't get the obsession. Wentz and Goff look good but it's one year. History has shown us not to get carried away with one year. Watson looked good but threw the highest percentage of interceptable passes in 2016. Let's see if that catches up with him. Trubisky was average at best, IMHO Mariota and Winston both stink and Dak isn't nearly as good without the best running game in the NFL. When I look around the league I think we'd be crazy to move on from Ryan Tannehill. Put him on the Jags and I's like there chances Sunday. With Bortles I give them no shot at all.

So, because our offensive line sucks you want to draft a backup QB in the first round. Seems like the best idea I've heard in a long time.

its seems to be the same problem every year, LB's not good enough, OL's not good enough. the fins have what 6-7 pick this year, i would pick all OL players this year and next year use all the picks on LB's, or vise versa depending which position is stronger talent wise. the fins need to get a monster OL, DL, LB's everything else will fall into place once those three things are fixed.

I have this fear that we pass on a qb at 11, and that qb goes on be Aaron Rodgers 2.0 or a qb where we kick ourselves years later for not taking, lol!

I have this fear that we pass on a qb at 11, and that qb goes on be Aaron Rodgers 2.0 or a qb where we kick ourselves years later for not taking, lol!

Not even rodgers.......I settle for matt ryan......He is still playing and jake long is working at a gas station pumping gas.........That has been the history of the phins....rodgers, ryan, brees

Not even rodgers.......I settle for matt ryan......He is still playing and jake long is working at a gas station pumping gas.........That has been the history of the phins....rodgers, ryan, brees

While I get your point, I'm pretty sure Jake Long isn't pumping gas. Unless he's pumping it into his Porsche or something similar.

are there any intriguing projected 2nd or 3rd round QB's this year? or even in the mid rounds? I would rather go that route and hope we get lucky with at the very least a solid backup. it is a shame that this is such a strong QB class and not take advantage of it especially given our current back QB situation. Although last year was a very strong TE class and we took zero advantage of it. And none of us were surprised that Julius Thomas didn't work out.

LOL. I know you were not serious but I doubt Jake Long is struggling after making over $70M in career earnings.

The problem with drafting an OL first over a QB is taking short-term gains over long-term success.

Had we drafted Matt Ryan, we may not have succeeded early (though Pennington definitely helped a ton in 2008), but we'd have been set up a lot better for the future. Ditto for Brees in 2001, Rodgers in 2005, etc.

Seems like this franchise runs into this issue quite a bit.

We ain't drafting QB 1st pick. Ok close this thread

Or maybe Ryan Leaf of some other backup. It's a black art. An educated guess. Teams have drafted multiple QBs and missed on everyone. I'm not willing to draft a R1 QB every year for 5 years and end up with nothing better than RT17. (No, you didn't say that.) But I struggle with these "I want . . ." threads, as if the answer is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom