Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

i know it sounds crazy...i kick myself all the time for just how fortunate we are...but it's what i see

I hope for you guys it is true, I hope for me it is not. I couldn't take another Brady in this division.

we are the only team to never have a dominant QB in this division- we deserve the next Brady.

If that's the case, this entire thread is jinxing the remainder of his career, with comparisons to Tom Brady, etc.

Not saying they're wrong though...

hoops has been jinxing him for 2 years now then. :lol:

He was very impressive Sunday. What I want to see now is for him to consistently start having games like that, to build on it going forward. Because what he showed on Sunday was pretty damn special.

I hope for you guys it is true, I hope for me it is not. I couldn't take another Brady in this division.

we are the only team to never have a dominant QB in this division- we deserve the next Brady.

There is never any guarantee about a QB continuing to progress but Tannehill compares very favorably to an early Tom Brady.

There is never any guarantee about a QB continuing to progress but Tannehill compares very favorably to an early Tom Brady.

please stop, no he doesn't. Brady took over and 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year before w/ whispers about BB being fired and he immediately turned that franchise around in his first year starting leading them to a SB win and an 11-3 reg season record. There is nothing similar about the 2 other than Miami looks like they will make the playoffs. Ryan has been mediocre most of this season, Brady wasn't yet Brady in 2001 but he was making plays to win every week- something Ryan has not done most of this year but did last week(and another game or 2)

please stop, no he doesn't. Brady took over and 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year before w/ whispers about BB being fired and he immediately turned that franchise around in his first year starting leading them to a SB win and an 11-3 reg season record. There is nothing similar about the 2 other than Miami looks like they will make the playoffs. Ryan has been mediocre most of this season, Brady wasn't yet Brady in 2001 but he was making plays to win every week- something Ryan has not done most of this year but did last week(and another game or 2)

This is exactly the reason he may remind some people of a young Brady. The potential is there, but as of right now, he is showing flashes of brilliance, while making plays to win when the team needs them the most (clutch, late in games). vs. Atlanta, Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, New England are all games that come to mind in which he was clutch. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 more. And he still has 2 more games to play in the regular season.

Statistically, Tannehill is the 2nd best quarterback in franchise history. Granted, Griese played in a different era and was a winner, but those teams lived and died by the running game.

This is exactly the reason he may remind some people of a young Brady. The potential is there, but as of right now, he is showing flashes of brilliance, while making plays to win when the team needs them the most (clutch, late in games). vs. Atlanta, Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, New England are all games that come to mind in which he was clutch. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 more. And he still has 2 more games to play in the regular season.

Statistically, Tannehill is the 2nd best quarterback in franchise history. Granted, Griese played in a different era and was a winner, but those teams lived and died by the running game.

3 games is not a lot especially when the D was the reason you had a chance vs. Cincy and eventually won.

there ia reason we don't just sue #s to evaluate and Ryan's #s this year prove that. he's been mediocre overall w/ good #s thanks to some playmakers on O.

AGAIN, I am NOT saying he is bad or won't be very good but certainly doesn't remind me of a young Brady. I saw Brady's first game and despite losing to my team I instantly saw a difference in NE the moment he stepped on the field. Brady's come along once a generation if that but he does remind me of another Pats QB from that team- he's a more athletic Drew Bledsoe.

JUNC

I love how you never bring up how bad our O-Line is (which they have been playing better) and was the whole season, they single handily lost us two games (Ravens, Bills) if not more, oh and both those would have been comeback drives to win for T-Hill. Also having such a terrible line plays such an enormous role to QB development (hence David Carr) I just don't get why all T-Hill bashers fail to bring that up. You do realize how big it is when you cant establish the run or protect your QB (what are we at now like 55 sacks lol) that's pretty bad and very rarely do you have success.

What he's doing right now is pretty ridiculous considering what I said above as well as losing his fav target in Brandon Gibson who was having a great year and also has had the toughest schedule in the NFL easily all while going through some pretty huge distractions with the Martin/Cogs ordeal amongst a playoff race.

So to sum it up has Tannehill played bad at times sure he has who hasn't??? But here's what I see in spite of some of those horrible circumstances he's dealt with he's put the team on his back and responded in the 5 most crucial games of the season by a mile by beating Brady, Rivers, and Roth (all considered elite) while posting a 4-1 record (and he should of def beat cam) with 1,421 10 Tds 3 picks.

That's unreal quit hating cause your team and qb are garbage!!

Try again, Brady had 4 4th quarter comebacks in 2001, Ryan has 4 this year.

In 2001 the Patriots had the 6th best scoring defense, in fact after last loss of season to Rams the defense didn't surrender more than 17 points the rest of the way in 9 straight wins.
But you keep telling yourself it was all Tom Brady. Geese.

In 2001 the Patriots had the 6th best scoring defense, in fact after last loss of season to Rams the defense didn't surrender more than 17 points the rest of the way in 9 straight wins.

like i said junc wrong

Everyone's entitled to their opinions - no matter how informed or irrational they may be. However, I dunno, maybe it's just me, but

...when they emanate from someone who as late as this last draft, didn't think they needed to draft another, declaring buttfumble the jest "franchise QB," has stated that with him this season, the jest would have made the playoffs, has proclaimed him a top 10 QB while at the same time acknowledging that he was ranked an impressive 27th in the league, (and possessed the worst starting stats since Jamarcus) was unwavering about trading him for anyone other than the league's top 5 QBs - or for 2 first round draft picks, declares he played well during natiionally televised games where anyone objective sees that he's **** the bed and/or luckily benefitted from the opponents' special teams or defenses going to Choketown, faults his team's defense because they gave up 14 points to a low scoring team in a loss instead of excoriating that QB for not being able to score more than that , etc

if that's this particular individual's idea of a qualilty QB and quality performance, then when it comes to evaluating and judging other teams' signal callers, including my own, you can form your own conclusions, but it's pretty obvious that mine involves "a grain of salt"

2e2pmoh-1.jpg

here we go looking at stat sheets. NE was 0-2 coming of a 5-11 season and going nowhere. The "great" Bill Belichick was on the hot seat and rumored to be fired, the instant Brady stepped on the field he changed everything turning a franchise heading down the toilet into a champion and dynasty.

Ryan's "comeback" vs. Cincy whwre his D scored 9 pts to win the game
another "comeback" at Pitt where he got a near 60 yd run by his RB and then a great effort on a dumpoff to Clay.

These "comebacks" look good on paper but in reality he wasn't a key in either of those wins.

The Atl game and NE games- 2 great GW drives.

By the way, Brady had 5 his first year starting including one in the SUPER BOWL and another in the div rd.

Can we please not compare Ryan to Brady ever again? it's not fair to Ryan, even Peyton doesn't compare to Brady and we are comparing Ryan?

3 games is not a lot especially when the D was the reason you had a chance vs. Cincy and eventually won.

there ia reason we don't just sue #s to evaluate and Ryan's #s this year prove that. he's been mediocre overall w/ good #s thanks to some playmakers on O.

AGAIN, I am NOT saying he is bad or won't be very good but certainly doesn't remind me of a young Brady. I saw Brady's first game and despite losing to my team I instantly saw a difference in NE the moment he stepped on the field. Brady's come along once a generation if that but he does remind me of another Pats QB from that team- he's a more athletic Drew Bledsoe.

I know you have your opinions and you seem to be the type of person that will never change his opinion.

But, just to pass the time, lets look at Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill's stats in their 2nd season as a starter with their respective teams.

Brady:
Year Team Comp Att Att/G Pct Yds Yds/G Yds/Att TD Int Sack Rating
2002 New England Patriots 373 601 37.6 62.1 3764 235.2 6.3 28 14 31 85.7

Tannehill
2013 Miami Dolphins 325 521 37.2 62.4 3627 259.1 7.0 23 14 51 86.6

Now, I don't know about you, but if I had put these stats out there without a name attached to it, I am fairly certain that you wouldn't be able to tell me which one is which. Those numbers are almost identical to each other. And keep in mind that Brady had a much better offensive line and a better running game.

I know you have your opinions and you seem to be the type of person that will never change his opinion.

But, just to pass the time, lets look at Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill's stats in their 2nd season as a starter with their respective teams.

Brady:
2002 New England Patriots 373 601 37.6 62.1 3764 235.2 6.3 28 14 31 85.7

Tannehill
2013 Miami Dolphins 325 521 37.2 62.4 3627 259.1 7.0 23 14 51 86.6

Now, I don't know about you, but if I had put these stats out there without a name attached to it, I am fairly certain that you wouldn't be able to tell me which one is which. Those numbers are almost identical to each other. And keep in mind that Brady had a much better offensive line and a better running game.

I don't care about blind stats, again Ryan had excellent #s against us and Pitt and had poor games. he was the reason NYJ was in it for a half and Pitt had a chance at the end.

Back
Top Bottom