Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

I don't care about blind stats, again Ryan had excellent #s against us and Pitt and had poor games. he was the reason NYJ was in it for a half and Pitt had a chance at the end.

Ok, all you have to use is the eye test then. I guess I was assuming you are able to evaluate talent. Maybe I gave you too much credit...

I don't care about blind stats, again Ryan had excellent #s against us and Pitt and had poor games. he was the reason NYJ was in it for a half and Pitt had a chance at the end.

he didnt have a poor game against pittsburgh. he had the pick 6 which he made up for on the next drive. because there was a 55 yard run on the game winning drive that means he had a poor game? did you see the weather conditions? he also had a 50 yard run to set up a score in the 1st quarter to go along with THREE touchdown passes.

and how exactly can we compare bradys 2nd year as a starter (it was his 3rd year in the league) in 2002 to tannehill's 2nd year so far this year besides stats? the 2002 pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. and remember brady didnt play his 1st year and wasnt thrown into the fire right away like tannehill was his rookie year.

Let's see how this all plays out, we have 2 more games left. Let's be patient before we start Crowning anyone yet. It's a team sport and they've been all very close games.

You don't like the so called blind stats, but you will blindly give him all the credit for how the team actually turned it around that year, without trying to figure out how that team was able to do it, and how much of it was Brady.

I may have to reinstall the ban a member from a thread. seriously you don't care about numbers UNLESS they prove your point, then by all means the numbers mean something.

tom brady won a game in 2001 with 12 points, no TDs and just 108 yards. meanwhile his top rusher had 158 yards that game. I think that says it all. nothing against Brady but his 2001 season he was a glorified game manager

please stop, no he doesn't. Brady took over and 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year before w/ whispers about BB being fired and he immediately turned that franchise around in his first year starting leading them to a SB win and an 11-3 reg season record. There is nothing similar about the 2 other than Miami looks like they will make the playoffs. Ryan has been mediocre most of this season, Brady wasn't yet Brady in 2001 but he was making plays to win every week- something Ryan has not done most of this year but did last week(and another game or 2)

When you show ANY ability to comment objectively about the Fins or the Jets and knowledgable about anything football related, your opinion might have some value...... emphasize might

Once again you prove that you haven't got a clue.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

3 games is not a lot especially when the D was the reason you had a chance vs. Cincy and eventually won.

there ia reason we don't just sue #s to evaluate and Ryan's #s this year prove that. he's been mediocre overall w/ good #s thanks to some playmakers on O.

AGAIN, I am NOT saying he is bad or won't be very good but certainly doesn't remind me of a young Brady. I saw Brady's first game and despite losing to my team I instantly saw a difference in NE the moment he stepped on the field. Brady's come along once a generation if that but he does remind me of another Pats QB from that team- he's a more athletic Drew Bledsoe.

Tanny and Bledsoe couldn't be more different. Shows what you know.

Why would you care about reality, you have your blind homerism to guide you.

I'm sorry for being redundant but if the negative agendist is still trying to spin the same shizzle that was pointed out as being disingenuous in a SD postseason game in which everyone but him believed buttfumble **** the bed and was bailed out by Sd's choking kicker and a 53yd TD run, then either he really is oblivious and lacking in self-awareness or just outright trolling.

The Thomas run he depicts as a "60yarder" was really 55 yards and didn't score a TD (and I'll return to why that's pertinent). Instead it was sandwiched in between 2 previous passes and then a then a 12yd TD pass to Clay. Tannehill passed for 200yds and the running game gained 181yds against a Dick LeBeau defense on the frigid tundra.

Now going back to the SD playoff game in 09 where he describes buttfumble as "playing well" The reality is that buttfumble scored 17 points against a defense averagning 20 points and eked out a 3pt win mostly because of Nate Kaedig missing 3 FGs including 2 gimmes for him. buttfumble threw an int that resulted in a SD series actually putting the Chargers into FG range at the 36 before Rivers got intercepted and let buttfumble off the hook.

Now I ask anyone considering themselves to be objective: in a game where your QB was 12-23 in balmy weather against the SD defense, with a sub 60QBR and a 4.8YPA on all of 100yds, how the hell can someone fault Tannehill for being the beneficiary of a long run after which he still had to make a Red Zone TD pass to score when his own QB handed off to Shonne Greene for an actual TD run of 53yds -only2 yards less, or for that matter declare that Tannehill played a poor game when essentially his own QB crapped the bed while watching the SD kicker do the same being carried by 169 rushing yards while contributing only 100 in the air and making 4 less first downs than the opposing kicker's snake-bitten notorious choke of a team.

Bottom Line: if you want to claim Tannehill played a bad game against Pittsburgh, then own up first that win or not, buttfumble played an awful game against SD on the biggest stage when it mattered most. Otherwise, just STFU cuz you're embarrassing yourself!

Well I guess it is great times in dolphin land when it's week 16 and all the degrading dolphin ammo that junc has left in the tank is whether tannehill had a good game or a great game.

Well I guess it is great times in dolphin land when it's week 16 and all the degrading dolphin ammo that junc has left in the tank is whether tannehill had a good game or a great game.

he really works hard to try to bring us down when things are going well...

hahaha. Although I have seen enough from Tannehill to give him another year. Maybe with a good HC and competent OC he can improve.

Back
Top Bottom