Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

yeah but the offense being so timing based doesnt lead itself to intuitiveness...you've even said so yourself...so is that the qbs fault or mean he can't do it??? i don't think so

and tannehill has been leading mathews especially on some of those vertical routes from the slot to the sideline...gibby was not used the same way...ran more east and west routes

i get the scramble thing in say a 3 step drop and its not there got to learn to get out and take what they give you with your legs but these things take reps and we are seeing some of it now...remember this kids working on his 4th year as a starter college and pros...

We're in danger of being in violent agreement here....

I agree with just about everything you said. I think he always had anticipation of a certain variety, but the intuitiveness and poise that he showed in the Pats game are newly emerging traits. If you said to me you had already seen plenty of evidence of that, I wouldn't argue against you. I hadn't, though. There was a definite level of poise there that was new to my eyes. He floated in some beautiful balls to his receivers in a way that made you believe he was controlling the chess pieces on the board rather than hitting his progression. The floated ball to Matthews was beautiful, the other to Matthews where he toe-tapped it on the sideline was also dropped in there. The TD pass to Thigpen was a nice touch pass.

He still needs better awareness of when to scramble. One of his sacks actually pleased me because he was looking for an escape route before it was too late, just didn't get fully away. His usual trick was just to curl in a ball and hit the deck (which given his fumble issue earlier in the season is maybe fair enough).

You see a QB like Wilson who has a height disadvantage, isn't maybe as polished a QB as Tannehill in terms of accuracy and reading his progressions. He has Lynch and a great offense to lean on. There are reasons to think Wilson may not turn into an elite QB, which are valid. But what's great about Wilson is he finds a way, despite his limitations. He makes the play when the team needs him to make it.

We're starting to see that Tannehill (with no such physical limitations and fewer crutches to lean on) is beginning to find a way. He's beginning to trust his instinct and ability and then act on it. I firmly believe the WCO is a hindrance in this because it conditions you to be a robot (though it does teach QBs precision and mechanics), but even within the WCO there should be room for a QB to wing it in order to find a way. I hope Tannehill continues to create that room for himself. If he does, he has a shot at being elite. If he doesn't, he could join the ranks of the Schaubs and Ryans and Alex Smiths and Palmers of the league who flirt with greatness by having periods of efficiency and productivity, but who ultimately find their level some way below that.

ryan tannehill and andy dalton are nothing alike...i don't get that one at all...dalton wishes he was that talented...frankly dalton is just not very good...but he's propped up by serious talent around him...

i'd be upset if that was my qb

ryan tannehill and andy dalton are nothing alike...i don't get that one at all...dalton wishes he was that talented...frankly dalton is just not very good...but he's propped up by serious talent around him...

Dalton's throwing motion reminds me of a catapult. coincidentally, they are about equally accurate.

Dalton's throwing motion reminds me of a catapult. coincidentally, they are about equally accurate.

he's got an average arm...and like i said prior way too much aj green tunnel vision...misses guys all the time with great looks...that talent around him is sick...really is

Totally. I'd say the closest QB to Tannehill in terms of type of player is maybe Eli. I'm not talking specifically about last week's 4-pick Eli, in case anyone's getting upset at that comparison.

If Tannehill's upward trajectory continued all the way to the peak of the game (big IF), I could see him topping out as an Aaron Rodgers style player.

Totally. I'd say the closest QB to Tannehill in terms of type of player is maybe Eli. I'm not talking specifically about last week's 4-pick Eli, in case anyone's getting upset at that comparison.

If Tannehill's upward trajectory continued all the way to the peak of the game (big IF), I could see him topping out as an Aaron Rodgers style player.

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo

I can see this comparison...

In the end....it great to be a Dolphin fan right now, we have seen this team struggle for years with mediocre QB play that could not be compensated for no matter how good the defense was or how good the run game was. Now we have a team with a below average running game, Offensive line and the QB IS making up for those deficiencies. I love how people throw out the "he's got great weapons...Wallace was a proven weapon, Clay, Matthews, and Hartline are all benefiting from Tannehill's play. He's making the players around him better.

:lol2::lol2: yeah, he's a better version of the best QB of this generation and a top 5 guy all time. oh boy:lol:

:lol2::lol2: yeah, he's a better version of the best QB of this generation and a top 5 guy all time. oh boy:lol:

You don't have to believe it, but you will witness it....

i know it sounds crazy...i kick myself all the time for just how fortunate we are...but it's what i see

And most importantly, ZERO fumbles.

I know that this season has seemed like 3 wrapped up into 1 (prescandal, midscandal and postscandal), but even I forget how brutal Tannehill's ball security was there for a stretch of about 4 or 5 games. Seemed like he lost at least 1 fumble every week.

His pocket awareness and deep ball accuracy were the main 2 things he needed to improve to enter the upper echelon of NFL QBs. He seems to have solved the former, now just work on the latter during the offseason and next season could be special!

great u just jinxed him

Back
Top Bottom