Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades

So the Steelers just traded a 4th to SF for TE Vance McDonald and a 5th. These are the types of trades we should be looking into, McDonald is a good young TE who will likely flourish with Big Ben. Why can't we do something similar for a CB or guard or DT or safety? Tannenbaum needs to get on the phone and make some deals

You guys want to make trades because you think we may be contenders...but as soon as you trade Landry...we are NOT contenders. So, stop it...

Just because a few posters scoff at Landry being the "heart & soul" of the team doesn't make it any less true or valuable. Give me a full roster of over-performers like Landry and we'd be in pretty good shape for years to come.

If Landry gets the contract he's demanding by all accounts, I believe that then turns him into an "underperformer" vs his contract.

You guys want to make trades because you think we may be contenders...but as soon as you trade Landry...we are NOT contenders. So, stop it...

Nothing against Landry, but if you go from contender to non-contender because you lose a very good/great slot receiver than you likely weren't a contender to begin with. Most good teams, a contending teams, can overcome losing a receiver.

Problem I have with this is "they believe Parker will be more involved". Why? Yeah he's had a great camp and seems to be in the best shape of his career but we're still talking about a guy who has never stayed healthy in college or pro football. Landry takes a much larger beating and is as reliable as the sun. I'm the type that I need to see Parker stay healthy and have a great season and not just "believe" it may happen before moving our most dependable WR.

Not to mention what makes anyone think Caroo can make an impact? Just picture Parker misses his annual GAMES due to injury and we roll Stills, Caroo and Scott/Grant, ouch!

Problem I have with this is "they believe Parker will be more involved". Why? Yeah he's had a great camp and seems to be in the best shape of his career but we're still talking about a guy who has never stayed healthy in college or pro football. Landry takes a much larger beating and is as reliable as the sun. I'm the type that I need to see Parker stay healthy and have a great season and not just "believe" it may happen before moving our most dependable WR.

Not to mention what makes anyone think Caroo can make an impact? Just picture Parker misses his annual GAMES due to injury and we roll Stills, Caroo and Scott/Grant, ouch!
I mean, to be fair, Parker has only missed 3 games in 32 opportunities (2 Seasons) at the NFL level.

Played in 14 in his rookie year.
Played in 15 last year.

I mean, to be fair, Parker has only missed 3 games in 32 opportunities (2 Seasons) at the NFL level.

Played in 15 last year.
Hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. ;)

Played in 15 last year.

OK still no full season and what about the great season he's supposedly about to have? Hasn't done that yet. I sure as hell hope he does but why would you trade Landry without seeing that first?

OK still no full season and what about the great season he's supposedly about to have? Hasn't done that yet. I sure as hell hope he does but why would you trade Landry without seeing that first?
I'm definitely not in favor of trading Landry. Also, the season hasn't really started yet.... Parker is pretty much going to be Cutler's version of Jeffery in this offense, that's why people are seeing the big season. DeVante is taking strides in the right direction. let it ride out.

Nothing against Landry, but if you go from contender to non-contender because you lose a very good/great slot receiver than you likely weren't a contender to begin with. Most good teams, a contending teams, can overcome losing a receiver.

That is why I specifically said they "think" we are contenders. We are not. The point is, getting rid of Landry sure as hell doesn't help that...

So then draft better and do a better job in free agency of bringing guys in on defense.

And he's not just the heart and soul of the team. Try a 24 year old two time Pro Bowl receiver. Landry was one of the rare amazing draft picks we've had. Let's not trade away one of the few guys we've drafted and developed well.

If you're going to trade a receiver then it's Kenny Stills.
I was with you until you suggested trading Kenny Stills. They need to just draft better, and allow the players that they have to get the good coaching that is now available. Rome was not built in a day.

So the Steelers just traded a 4th to SF for TE Vance McDonald and a 5th. These are the types of trades we should be looking into, McDonald is a good young TE who will likely flourish with Big Ben. Why can't we do something similar for a CB or guard or DT or safety? Tannenbaum needs to get on the phone and make some deals

And now Chiefs traded a 5th for Cameron Erving, great trade, we are really dropping the ball right now.

Browns having a fire sale? Again, Shelton might be available for the right price...

You don't trade your heart, unless you want to watch the team die. Kidneys can be shared, lungs can be shared, trade a stills, a grant, you don't trade Landry.

Landry is the gas to our offenses turbine, the power cord to our engine. Crazy talk

Back
Top Bottom