Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades

I would say trade Landry to the Pats with Edleman hurt, but somehow Miami's FO would probably only get a 5th round pick for him and think they made a good deal.

Congratulations......you win the "Dumbest dumb idea that was ever dumbly thought of" award.

If we trade Landry I will no longer be a fan of this franchise

A bit extreme but I get your gist.......You CAN NOT get rid of marquee players like Landry.....call it "heart & soul" or whatever others have said but guys like him elevate the play of everyone else on the team and bring that element of excitement that not all players can or do. Now, if there was some outrageous offer for him you'd have to consider it but short of that......NO THANKS (and ESPECIALLY NOT TO A DIVISION RIVAL!!!!).

Saw some speculation for Carroo trades, but, clearly, Landry is the WR most likely to be traded.

I've always had a strong inclination that when we gave up an unjustifiable amount of draft capital for Caroo, our FO office would erroneously consider Landry expendable to vindicate the trade up for Caroo.

Hopefully not, but we'll see.

I've always had a strong inclination that when we gave up an unjustifiable amount of draft capital for Caroo, our FO office would erroneously consider Landry expendable to vindicate the trade up for Caroo.

Hopefully not, but we'll see.

It depends upon how much he wants. WR should not be a priority position, so if they're far apart, might as well get something for him. Cleveland wouldn't do it, but if they offered Ogbah, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.

Just because a few posters scoff at Landry being the "heart & soul" of the team doesn't make it any less true or valuable. Give me a full roster of over-performers like Landry and we'd be in pretty good shape for years to come.

As far as trading Landry to NE, that's just idiotic (but something I wouldn't put past TBum). May as well concede the division away to them for the next 7 years or so. No matter the 1st rounder we get (and as a 2nd round pick, Landry's play has appreciated his value beyond that), we're rewarding the cheaters with a durable, dependable locker room spark plug. It's bad enough that NO traded Cooks to NE, but at least they don't have to be victimized by him 2x/year.

To paraphrase George Santayana: "He who ignores history (Welker) is condemned to repeat it!"

It depends upon how much he wants. WR should not be a priority position, so if they're far apart, might as well get something for him. Cleveland wouldn't do it, but if they offered Ogbah, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.

Agree there with Ogbah, but I'm not sure we're going to be able to pry defensive players away from Greg Williams & Co. right now. They are just beginning to build a pretty good defense over.

Ogbah would be a great get, if Cleveland were to want to trade for Landry. Ogbah is a good DE/OLB hybrid.

Water under the bridge at this point but this is one of the cons to the Cutler signing........now they're having to actively consider dealing Landry because of the money going to Cutler. We'll see how it plays out but IMO losing Landry (a young, explosive, make a difference marquee player) because of signing a old, serviceable but never elite mistake prone QB will prove to be a very bad move.

Water under the bridge at this point but this is one of the cons to the Cutler signing........now they're having to actively consider dealing Landry because of the money going to Cutler. We'll see how it plays out but IMO losing Landry (a young, explosive, make a difference marquee player) because of signing a old, serviceable but never elite mistake prone QB will prove to be a very bad move.

You could argue signing Cutler was a virtual necessity ... tying up a ton of money in some other mediocre players, not so much

Back
Top Bottom