TE Michael Egnew is reportedly drawing "skepticism" around the league. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Michael Egnew is reportedly drawing "skepticism" around the league.

Show me a QB drafted in the first round out of Pittsburgh that had success in the NFL before Dan Marino...no wonder 26 teams passed on him. Good thing Shula didn't know that!

They get paid for that ****................
If that's the logic, who's the last Baylor or Stanford QB to work out? I know Elway but that was 30 years ago, and as far as I know Baylor never. Point being using a player's COLLEGE TEAM as the indicator of potential succss you're kinda stupid.

Incidentally no I'm not kidding about the 4.48. Checked, re-checked to make sure, he crossed 40 yards of distance in 4.48 seconds. I re-measured all the guys the same way, starting the timer from the moment their back foot leaves their stance. About 90 percent of the time what I get is eerily close to the NFL Network unofficial time that you see live on the broadcast. That broadcast had him at a 4.53 but even that was off, because of his rolling start.

Wait, wait, wait ... :chuckle:

Are you actually sitting in front of your TV with a stopwatch?

Jim Mandich wasn't a standout blocker back in his day either but had an excellent career at TE.

Egnew and Tannehill are beter TE/WRs then what we have on the roster.

and with these kinds of people lurking around the boards - are we really going to criticize draft guru's for "sub-par" predictions?

Just wait and see.... When Sherman gets a hold of him and he's highlighted in the WCO, these talking heads will be eating crow!

Egnew comes into a unique situation in which we already have the best blocking TE in football. Egnew is not gonna be called to be a big blocker, but a middle of the field seam threat. As a pass catcher Egnew has a ton of value, this team is no longer a run run pass team, so really his blocking ability need not apply here.

Remember, Sherman uses a lot of 3 tight end sets. I think Fasano will line up close to block, Clay as an H back, and Egnew split out. And there's a difference between can't block and was never asked to block.

Wait, wait, wait ... :chuckle:

Are you actually sitting in front of your TV with a stopwatch?

Hah. no. I don't have a thumb that's been doing this for 20 years. But I do have some HD video at a pretty high (and uniform) frames per second that lets me count the frames from one point to the other and come up with a time. Basically the same thing I do when I'm measuring the velocity of QB throws.

I usually wouldn't do it but this year the "official" times were just ridiculous, and I was talking to an agent and some other people that were like, just re-time it yourself, it's not hard, don't be afraid to do it..

... and they said Tom Brady wouldn't amount to much either.

Should we be worried?

there are going to be at least 12 1rd busts in this years draft. Like every year. And they're piling on a 3rd rd choice?

Yawn.

Hah. no. I don't have a thumb that's been doing this for 20 years. But I do have some HD video at a pretty high (and uniform) frames per second that lets me count the frames from one point to the other and come up with a time. Basically the same thing I do when I'm measuring the velocity of QB throws.

I usually wouldn't do it but this year the "official" times were just ridiculous, and I was talking to an agent and some other people that were like, just re-time it yourself, it's not hard, don't be afraid to do it..

OK, I just re-read your post. Makes sense now. :up:

I did get a pretty good chuckle out of it though.

Here's a question: how many recent USC quarterbacks have been successful in the NFL? And does anyone really think Matt Barkley's career trajectory is going to be the same as that of Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart?

Judge the player on his merits, not on who came before him.

Back
Top Bottom