TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain?? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

Did anyone else hear that wisecrack Bill Walton made about Ray Lewis the other night? :lol: Walton is great. Im watching the Pac 12 title game right now just to listen to Walton. He is cracking me up again.

Did anyone else hear that wisecrack Bill Walton made about Ray Lewis the other night? :lol: Walton is great. Im watching the Pac 12 title game right now just to listen to Walton. He is cracking me up again.

Haha I certainly did!! He ripped on Murderer Ray Lewis being in the back of the limo partying. Other dude on commentary was "uhhhh"..

Gotta love the worldwide leader hiring felons.

lol where do I vote? Show me the way and I will and all I want you to do is make me a avatar of mike wallace in a dolphins uniform (helmet optional) but make it look as cheap/horribly photoshopped as possible for the lols. And if possibly you could do an extra version but resized at 80x80 for another football forum I like to post in. I'll give you credit to both :)

[

PM me with any other particulars after u vote.. i cant make him look good in a uniform but can sure make him look shlocky LOL.. no credit needed. Do we have any idea what number he's likely to be assigned?

Go Vote Here.. and for in every other match up also in the 4 divisions if you have the time .. we all appreciate it.

Just to get the thread back on track. I know Ray has impacted some of the kids with miserable lives in the Baltimore ghettos so that's to his credit. However, because I believe the "decision" to exonerate him is as dubious as Goodell's was to immediately destroy the Cheatriot's tape evidence, this murky cloud will and should forever hang over him. Time may elapse, but both still really rankle me. Ray has what, 4 or 5 illegitimate kids? Despite the bully pulpit he's using to invoke religion, which as a spiritual live and let live/ practice what you want so long as it's consistent with what you preach I resent, he's a hypocrite since he does not walk the walk. He should just have thanked his lucky stars he skated and blended into the background as a barely visible humble good teammate.

Haha I certainly did!! He ripped on Murderer Ray Lewis being in the back of the limo partying. Other dude on commentary was "uhhhh"..

Gotta love the worldwide leader hiring felons.

Then he made a wisecrack about Bill Simmons getting suspended. Walton speaks with ZERO ****s given. He is great.

He was killing me just now talking about the star freshman from UCLA should just walk up to the scorers table and take someone out, putting himself back in the game. Nevermind the coach. :lol:

Haha yeah I heard that. Walton just says whatever he wants. Last night the other guy told him that Duke lost and he had no idea that happened. He is funny to listen to no doubt

Maybe he can offer a consulting service to advise players and teams how to minimize the repercussions when players get in trouble with the law.
Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for him to bring religion into the game. He's a devout Christian (like Tebow and a stack of other players), but why is it necessary to thank the Lord and reference the scriptures for each win. Do they really believe that the Lord is controlling the result? I enjoy the game and I don't seek something spiritual from watching it.
Instead of God he should be thanking his attorneys.

videos of hitler speeches should be shown to our armed forces since he was on straight and narrow paths inside a bunker at the end of the war. omg, i'm so inspired. i think the man changed!

HAHA! I wonder if I'm the only one who always laughs at your posts.

Having said that, Ray Lewis would at least establish a tone of accountability, which I think was Dansby's biggest shortcoming. Dansby assumed the leadership void left by Joey Porter, but never took ownership of the team, as demonstrated when he publicly dissed the team during the Chad Johnson cut.

I've never been a big Ray Lewis fan because of his off-field stuff, but there's no question the guy has had a major change in his life and is now someone that builds other people up, spiritually speaking. He's been through heck in his personal life and come to a place of peace. And, he's done so while leading on the field, also. And going out on top.

He'd have a lot of positive impact for the players, imo. He could help build some of the same esprit de corps that the Ravens enjoyed in last year's playoffs.

A win win, imo. He still has lots to offer, in seeing the game, coaching up active LBs, and giving a positive vision for life.

As such, he may be one of the most important non-player hires of the year!

Just thinking. Let me know your thoughts!

LD

Ray lewis is not someone is would want as a mentor to the younger players or as a chaplain. I don't think the team would be interested.
We need real coaches and men of god for those positions...not an over the hill linebacker.
He was the leader of the Ravens defense. We already have leaders on this defense. His antics are not needed IMHO.

Watching Ray Lewis coach would be like watching Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or Dick Butkus or Mike Singletary or Dan Marino coach.

Larry Bird is probably the worst possible example to prove your point. Won Coach of the Year in his first season coaching. Only player in NBA history to win both Coach of the Year and MVP. Had his team in the finals two seasons later.

Back
Top Bottom