TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

Reminds me of the Tebow hating....then ppl have a nerve to say Christians aren't persecuted in America. ..smh
well, we remember what you did during the Inquisition, among other atrocities. hurts, doesn't it. and may Galileo's ghost pee on your daisies.

Vaark, you ain't right man, lol

Lewis does not equal Simpson in any way, shape or form.

Simpson's subsequent life to his murder trial only proved his guilt. A waste of a human life...

Lewis' subsequent life has proven something far different, imo.

LD

You may be right LD7, and maybe I'm falling under the spell of "pride of ownership" but the more I think about my suggestion, the more sense it makes downroad - maybe 25 years if we're patient. Afterall this man could ball (and that's a double entendre)! Can you envision it?

Now as far as Ray goes, I don't doubt his heart's now in the right place and he wants to do right maybe even to pay penance for using his celebrity and money to buy his way out of what was at least a homicide complicity charge. However, I know someone who committed a serious crime -but a hell of lot less than that, tried denying but had no money or celebrity, ended up paying his dues and today lives an often trying, austere life far afield from fame, fortune and the opportunity to attone afforded by little else than natural physical ability and reborn will.

2db9xth-1.jpg

You may be right LD7, and maybe I'm falling under the spell of "pride of ownership" but the more I think about my suggestion, the more sense it makes downroad - maybe 25 years if we're patient. Afterall this man could ball (and that's a double entendre)! Can you envision it?

Now as far as Ray goes, I don't doubt his heart's now in the right place and he wants to do right maybe even to pay penance for using his celebrity and money to buy his way out of what was at least a homicide complicity charge. However, I know someone who committed a serious crime -but a hell of lot less than that, tried denying but had no money or celebrity, ended up paying his dues and today lives an often trying, austere life far afield from fame, fortune and the opportunity to attone because of little else than natural physical ability and will.

2db9xth-1.jpg
You make some awesome sigs/avys do you think you could make a avatar for por favor?

Now as far as Ray goes, I don't doubt his heart's now in the right place and he wants to do right maybe even to pay penance for using his celebrity and money to buy his way out of what was at least a homicide complicity charge. However, I know someone who committed a serious crime -but a hell of lot less than that, tried denying but had no money or celebrity, ended up paying his dues and today lives an often trying, austere life far afield from fame, fortune and the opportunity to attone afforded by little else than natural physical ability and reborn will.

2db9xth-1.jpg

Your sig is off the charts -- I bow to your wisdom, O Great Sig Master! lol

Seriously, there is MUCH to be said for living a life of humble penitence. That REAL life away from the public eye, with its accolades and fame and money -- amazing! Has so much to commend it and easily demonstrates lived out penitence. There's an inmate in our local State prison that prays for three hours a day -- convicted violent felon -- whose life is so REAL that it quiets inmates and guards alike. A soft word from him is worth 10,000 words from visiting dignitaries... that is real. Truly a lived life of forgiveness, no question.

However, IF a person is already in the fame stream and public eye, what shape does forgiveness take then? Isn't there then an attendant responsibility to use your platform in the best way possible?

Forgiveness -- and living in it -- takes many forms, I would say.

Now, that doesn't mean I can visualize Simpson in 25 years, coaching Phins!! lol with apologies to your fine sig. lol

LD

I feel sorry for you that you find Rey Lewis "inspiring" maybe it's time to re-evaluate your life and who you look up to. Amazing

That's for a "judge and jury" to decide not you or anyone else. He was ruled innocent. Get over it.

I don't believe he was ever on trial. He cut a deal. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get over.

Maybe he can offer a consulting service to advise players and teams how to minimize the repercussions when players get in trouble with the law.
Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for him to bring religion into the game. He's a devout Christian (like Tebow and a stack of other players), but why is it necessary to thank the Lord and reference the scriptures for each win. Do they really believe that the Lord is controlling the result? I enjoy the game and I don't seek something spiritual from watching it.

He lives in Miami

Yes, but I think he has more ties with the U than with the Dolphins.

LDaniel said:
and is close w. Ellerbe.

Now that might be true, but I'm still not sure if that is enough to say he's well connected with the team as a whole. I'd say he's well connected with this particular individual player but not with the team.

LDaniel said:
As far as connections go, most coaches don't have lots of "connections" until they are hired. Then they bring their talents and interpersonal skills to the job.

But does he really have the drive to be a full time coach? Especially this soon after retiring and (I'm assuming) without any significant coaching experience. Now you mentioned the text message, but do you think that indicates he really wants to become an NFL assistant coach? In my opinion he's just willing to tutor an old team mate of his, not to coach an entire LB unit for an organisation he never played for.

LDaniel said:
Lewis would be instant positive influence on any football team, imo -- as long as he stays on the straight and narrow path. He could lift up a lot of people and show them the right way to live, in the midst of a world full of wrong ways.

I agree that it might be wise to bring him in for a day. You know, to be an inspiration for youngsters and do some motivational speaking. But I wouldn't give him any real responsibilities in the coaching matters until he really proves that he has the passion to coach.

I don't want to go through all 10 pages, but please tell me WV has seen this thread!

You make some awesome sigs/avys do you think you could make a avatar for por favor?

Thanks; and it depends on what you have in mind and when. Also should mention that it depends on proof of voting for me in this round (and the next round if I make it) of March Madness by linking to the poll through the graphic

Oh, also since my nefarious pandering opponent, started a main forum plea claiming he'd have to relinquish his 'saved" pooch (merely a photo op) back to the pound if he didn't get votes
this is as good as place as any to "set the record straight" With apologies to any further derailment of LD7's thread

"Bagpiping" creates a cruel, sadistic addition to the modern-era lexicon, doesn't it?
281rnk4-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I don't want to go through all 10 pages, but please tell me WV has seen this thread!

If you're gonna enjoy the benefits, put in the work! What kind of work ethic example are you setting otherwise for your cute little rug rat??

Thanks; and it depends on what you have in mind and when. Also should mention that it depends on proof of voting for me in this round (and the next round if I make it) of March Madness by linking to the poll through the graphic

Oh, also since my nefarious pandering opponent, started a main forum plea claiming he'd have to relinquish his 'saved" pooch (merely a photo op) back to the pound if he didn't get votes
this is as good as place as any to "set the record straight" With apologies to any further derailment of LD7's thread...

If you're gonna enjoy the benefits, put in the work! What kind of work ethic example are you setting otherwise for your cute little rug rat??

Voted Vaark, lol.

Proof that I hold no hard feelings for any hijacking, lol.

LD

Yes, but I think he has more ties with the U than with the Dolphins.... Now that might be true, but I'm still not sure if that is enough to say he's well connected with the team as a whole. I'd say he's well connected with this particular individual player but not with the team.... But does he really have the drive to be a full time coach? Especially this soon after retiring and (I'm assuming) without any significant coaching experience. Now you mentioned the text message, but do you think that indicates he really wants to become an NFL assistant coach? In my opinion he's just willing to tutor an old team mate of his, not to coach an entire LB unit for an organisation he never played for.... I agree that it might be wise to bring him in for a day. You know, to be an inspiration for youngsters and do some motivational speaking. But I wouldn't give him any real responsibilities in the coaching matters until he really proves that he has the passion to coach.

Not really thinking about a full time job. Just more like a title and some responsibility -- to give encouragement on a personal level and coaching tips as needed, once in awhile. He may be able to help out just one player -- wholistically and athletically -- that would make a difference for that person's life, not to mention perhaps team success.

LD

this is as good as place as any to "set the record straight" With apologies to any further derailment of LD7's thread

"Bagpiping" creates a cruel, sadistic addition to the modern-era lexicon, doesn't it?
281rnk4-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

lol where do I vote? Show me the way and I will and all I want you to do is make me a avatar of mike wallace in a dolphins uniform (helmet optional) but make it look as cheap/horribly photoshopped as possible for the lols. And if possibly you could do an extra version but resized at 80x80 for another football forum I like to post in. I'll give you credit to both :)

I feel sorry for you that you find Rey Lewis "inspiring" maybe it's time to re-evaluate your life and who you look up to. Amazing

My next thread was gonna be on how inspiring bigchub22 is, lol.

LD

Back
Top Bottom