TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

oj20simpson-1.jpeg

Watching Ray Lewis coach would be like watching Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or Dick Butkus or Mike Singletary or Dan Marino coach. Now each of these players had great talent. But what distinguished them, made them great players, was that they always had a bigger will to win (or hatred of losing) than any other player on the field. It lead them to do "whatever it took" in terms of practice and personal commitment to excellence to excel above everyone else. This level of will to win can not be taught, can not cajoled, and can not be transplanted into a player who doesn't have it. If you look at the history of players like the ones I have mentioned when they moved into coaching they have, for the most part, been failures. And it isn't because they can't teach the fundamentals of the game. They just can't transfer their incredible will to win into those who they coach. So, no Ray Lewis please.

Watching Ray Lewis coach would be like watching Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or Dick Butkus or Mike Singletary or Dan Marino coach. Now each of these players had great talent. But what distinguished them, made them great players, was that they always had a bigger will to win (or hatred of losing) than any other player on the field. It lead them to do "whatever it took" in terms of practice and personal commitment to excellence to excel above everyone else. This level of will to win can not be taught, can not cajoled, and can not be transplanted into a player who doesn't have it. If you look at the history of players like the ones I have mentioned when they moved into coaching they have, for the most part, been failures. And it isn't because they can't teach the fundamentals of the game. They just can't transfer their incredible will to win into those who they coach. So, no Ray Lewis please.

A good response - and thanks!

LD

you spoke directly to him, not in general. but don't let common sense or a capacity for logic get in your way.

You did not comprehend what speaking in general about forgiveness was in my response, but that's okay. Context and previous posts mean something here. Barking up the wrong tree there with your corrective remark. The rest of your cute bold markings were, apparently, strictly for your entertainment. Enjoy.

Meh, let him move on with his life and do his thing at ESPN or whatever else he's doing. I'm not going to go into all this personal business about what he did or didn't do, because that's not my place. The bigger issue would be the distraction he could possibly bring to the team. No thanks to all that.

Ray Lewis haters just don't get it...but that's okay

Not cool. I don't hate him, I pitty him. More to the point, I fear for his soul.

As a Christian I would hope he understands he should be honest. And being honest also includes being honest with yourself. What he did was wrong in one the deepest ways possible. He is no less guilty than the person or ppl who actually physically killed those ppl. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour"

I'm not going to imply he is fake in any of his actions after the incident. But IMO his actions post incident do not make up for the damage he has caused during the incident. The guilty still walk free, he is a major reason they got away with it and odds are he knows exactly who those guilty ppl are.

Vaark, you ain't right man, lol

Lewis does not equal Simpson in any way, shape or form.

Simpson's subsequent life to his murder trial only proved his guilt. A waste of a human life...

Lewis' subsequent life has proven something far different, imo.

LD

I can mention several great players who are solid coaches but I don't recall marino ever attempting coaching and larry bird was a solid executive/gm. Also I remember Ellerbe mentioned how much ray lewis had helped become better last year just saying.

Those so full of hate out to do some self-examination and see why it's there. Do I think the idea in this thread is good? No. I certainly think it's suspect to be so full of rage against a football player and for reasons none of us know beyond speculation one way or another in a murder case. As for his beliefs, those are his, chill out and you have yours.

You do realize there are real ppl to this day still suffering because of the actions of Ray Lewis right?

Blah. Even if all you think you know is true, there is forgiveness and people change. But keep your cute little insults going at me now too, they are entertaining.

The forgiveness you are talking about can not be given to him by any of us. That is between him, the ppl who suffer untill this day and God.

The original concept here was would it be a good idea for him to try and become a coach? IMO no, for my own personal view point of the world. However I'm sure in today's world, Ray Lewis could prob be President one day.

Those so full of hate out to do some self-examination and see why it's there. Do I think the idea in this thread is good? No. I certainly think it's suspect to be so full of rage against a football player and for reasons none of us know beyond speculation one way or another in a murder case. As for his beliefs, those are his, chill out and you have yours.

Reminds me of the Tebow hating....then ppl have a nerve to say Christians aren't persecuted in America. ..smh

And all of those FACTS about a decade ago in he personal life have nothing to do with football and how good he was at it and helped his team. If he can help our LBs I'm all for it, I'm not going to cry about his personal life that hasn't brought his team any trouble.

It's not his personal life, it's a matter of public record, and his actions against the community. And it should of had everything to do with his football life. If there was any justice he'd still be in jail, or just about to be released from jail.

It's not his personal life, it's a matter of public record, and his actions against the community. And it should of had everything to do with his football life. If there was any justice he'd still be in jail, or just about to be released from jail.

That's for a "judge and jury" to decide not you or anyone else. He was ruled innocent. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom