Team QB Rankings (prepare to wince Bills and Jets fans) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team QB Rankings (prepare to wince Bills and Jets fans)

B-LO said:
2005 Stats:

JP Losman -- 8 starts, 8 TDs, 8 INTs

Daunte Culpepper -- 7 starts, 6 TDs, 12 INTs

Just throwin' that out there for those who think Losman is a sure bust.

Get back to me when Losman does this

-- 16 starts, 4717 yards, 39 TDs, 11 INTs

or this

-- 16 starts, 3937 yards, 33 TDs, 16 INTs

Just because Culpepper can have a bad season doesn't mean Losman can have a good one. You also conveniently left out the completions percentages, yards per attempt, and QB ranking. Culpepper's worst season is better than Losman's best season. Finally, that second set of numbers is from Culpepper's first year as a starter.

B-LO said:
2005 Stats:

2005 Stats:

JP Losman -- 49.6% completion, 5.88 YPA, 64.9 QB Rating

Daunte Culpepper -- 64.4% completion, 7.24 YPA, 72.0 QB Rating

Just throwin' that out there for those who don't think Losman is a sure bust.:D

Deep2Evans said:
Coaching standpoint? You've got to be kidding me. Billicheck is miles ahead of anyone in the AFCE, hell ahead of pretty much every coach in the NFL man.
What part of "Staff" didnt you understand ??

zeke0123 said:
What part of "Staff" didnt you understand ??

Oh, I understand. I dont care whos on the Dolphins or anyone elses staff, until the put up the wins and superbowl wins like Billicheck he and whoever the hell is on his staff is still better.

B-LO said:
2005 Stats:

Here's one more to put B-LO's stats in perspective:

Losman -- games started (2004-2005): 8
Culpepper -- games started (2000-2005): 80

Kinzua said:

How about that? 8 starts career with a 64.9 QB rating and 49.6% completion.

vs. 80 starts career with a 91.5 QB rating and 64.4% completion...

That helps a lot! Thanks, Kinzua!

Look, I never was implying that Losman was better than Culpepper.

It's just funny that all you Fin Fans are so quick to write off a QB, who is essentially set to begin his second year, as a bust when (statistically) he had a better year last season than your QB, who you deem among the best in the league.

I think with better playcalling and a more solid line this year (i.e. getting rid of Mularkey, Trey Teague, and Bennie Anderson) Losman will develop a lot as passer...he has a lot of tools in his arsenal.

And, despite Culpepper's past success, you must admit that there are questions surrounding him considering his play last year and the serious injury he suffered.

Kinzua said:

Compare Culpepper's first 8 starts to Losman's....

B-LO said:
And, despite Culpepper's past success, you must admit that there are questions surrounding him considering his play last year and the serious injury he suffered.

If you take a look at his play last year, he had two bad games in weeks 1 and 2. The rest of the season he compiled these numbers:

96 out of 146 for 1095 yards, 6 TDs and 4 Ints.

Project that over a complete season and you get this:

384 out of 584 for 4380, 24 TDs and 16 Ints.

TDs per game, TD/Int ratio, yards per game, yards per attempt are all pretty close to his career numbers. If the Dolphins get those numbers from him, look out.

So which do you think is a better indicator of Culpepper's play? the first two games of 2005 or the last 4+ games of 2005? or better yet, the other 78 games of his career?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
If you take a look at his play last year, he had two bad games in weeks 1 and 2. The rest of the season he compiled these numbers:

96 out of 146 for 1095 yards, 6 TDs and 4 Ints.

Project that over a complete season and you get this:

384 out of 584 for 4380, 24 TDs and 16 Ints.

TDs per game, TD/Int ratio, yards per game, yards per attempt are all pretty close to his career numbers. If the Dolphins get those numbers from him, look out.

So which do you think is a better indicator of Culpepper's play? the first two games of 2005 or the last 4+ games of 2005? or better yet, the other 78 games of his career?
Look, I'm definitely not saying that last year was indicative of his play as a whole, but be honest. Minnesota lost nearly all those games, and he was terrible in most.

I'm only trying to show that while Losman struggled, it was his first year really playing, he's only had eight starts, and he put up fairly mediocre (not abysmal) numbers. It's WAY too early to label him a bust.

B-LO said:
Look, I'm definitely not saying that last year was indicative of his play as a whole, but be honest. Minnesota lost nearly all those games, and he was terrible in most.

He was terrible in two. Good in the rest.

B-LO said:
I'm only trying to show that while Losman struggled, it was his first year really playing, he's only had eight starts, and he put up fairly mediocre (not abysmal) numbers. It's WAY too early to label him a bust.

I agree and stated as much in an earlier post (with the extra jabs of course):

Obviously, no system is 100% accurate, no matter how good it is. There is no guarantee that Losman will fail, as this article suggests. Losman clearly has physical skills. It is too early to claim he is a bust. There are signs from Losman that I would be worried about if I were a Bills fan, but success is still a possibility. I have no choice but to hope he fails. Personally a long, drawn out, agonizing career failure with the Bills would be the most satisfying.

JP, please don't go up in flames. Show enough promise each year to convince the Bills fans and management that "next year" will be "the year". 10-12 years from now, retire from the Bills with a career winning % of 45%. That is all I ask for.

B-LO said:

Don't worry about it we all know there was a reason Minnesota wanted to ship culpepper's (_!_) out of there. Anyone that can't see that is flat out in denial.

Deep2Evans said:
Oh, I understand. I dont care whos on the Dolphins or anyone elses staff, until the put up the wins and superbowl wins like Billicheck he and whoever the hell is on his staff is still better.

Didn't you know Miami now has the best of EVERYTHING....on paper. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom