Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

Boomer....for weeks you've tried to get me on the C. Johnson bandwagon....now that I get on...your on the Ginn...:lol:

Please make up our minds once for for all and stop listening to others.

If you want greatness....to have to reach for it....that greatness is C. Johnson...not Ginn. Ginn..will only get you a headache....remember what everyone was saying about Allen....sure thing...bla....he can't even get in the starting roster....and he was a 16th pick. All you have to do is look at what the S.D. Chargers do....did they need a QB when they traded up for Rivers....no....but they reached for greatness.

Anyone can get hurt, did you see how Ginn Jr. actually got hurt? How likely is it a teammate is going to basically try to destroy him while another holds him?

He has no injury propensity...

Welcome to the NFL....where the weak hearted don't last. Just look at what happened to Chambers....and he's not 178 pounds.

Lastly...I hope....do you all remember Terry Glenn...highly rated...5'10 183....fast....and from Ohio State....what did Parcells call him....she?

If you want Terry Glenn....so be it....but knowing all we do about him....not at the 9th pick.

Boomer....for weeks you've tried to get me on the C. Johnson bandwagon....now that I get on...your on the Ginn...:lol:

If you want greatness....to have to reach for it....that greatness is C. Johnson...not Ginn. Ginn..will only get you a headache....remember what everyone was saying about Allen....sure thing...bla....he can't even get in the starting roster....and he was a 16th pick. All you have to do is look at what the S.D. Chargers do....did they need a QB when they traded up for Rivers....no....but they reached for greatness.

Pete, my old friend, I would hope you had realised yourself how good Johnson was years ago. He's probably the best player I've seen come out in 15 years. Miami has no shot at him. But it has a shot at Ginn, hence my original post.

Jason Allen has played one season. Little early to start writing him off, dude. Why would Ginn give you a headache? A great kid with outlandish skills. I don't see that as headache material. If you throw something out like that, at least quantify it.

And how about the Chargers taking Sammy Davis and Drayton Florence one and two? Is that 'reaching for greatness'? And actually they DID need a QB when they drafted Manning 1st overall, having suffered through a pair of very average years with Brees. After the QB swap, Brees then played two superb seasons in San Diego.

actually they traded down for Rivers and picked up a lot of extra pics....Eli was the consensus #1 QB that draft Diego "settled" I loved the move then and still do but that is a bad example of "reaching" for greatness and more of an example of more is better jmo.

Lastly...I hope....do you all remember Terry Glenn...highly rated...5'10 183....fast....and from Ohio State....what did Parcells call him....she?

If you want Terry Glenn....so be it....but knowing all we do about him....not at the 9th pick.

That was the same Terry Glenn that played for Parcells for a year and caught 90 passes for 1132 in that season, as a rookie??

The same one that has almost 9,000 career recieving yards and almost 50 touchdowns at 15 yards a catch??

The same one that has almost 2,200 yards the last to seasons and 96 1st down catches the past 2 seasons??

Is it?

Is it the same one?

Come on man, you're better than this.

Pete, my old friend, I would hope you had realised yourself how good Johnson was years ago. He's probably the best player I've seen come out in 15 years. Miami has no shot at him. But it has a shot at Ginn, hence my original post.

Jason Allen has played one season. Little early to start writing him off, dude. Why would Ginn give you a headache? A great kid with outlandish skills. I don't see that as headache material. If you throw something out like that, at least quantify it.

And how about the Chargers taking Sammy Davis and Drayton Florence one and two? Is that 'reaching for greatness'? And actually they DID need a QB when they drafted Manning 1st overall, having suffered through a pair of very average years with Brees. After the QB swap, Brees then played two superb seasons in San Diego.

Boomer....I know you Brits drink alot of tea....but after too much Ginn....one very well gets a headache...:D

As far as the Dolphins having no chance to get Johnson...I wouldn't write off our GM to soon....especially when the reports are that the Lions and Cleveland may want to trade out of their picks....Johnson is worth the move up...imho.

The Dolphins traded 2 first rounders and a third for Ricky...why not for a real player like Johnson...a player that could change the Dolphins offense for years and years to come.

Welcome to the NFL....where the weak hearted don't last. Just look at what happened to Chambers....and he's not 178 pounds.

The hell are you talking about? Chambers has been very durable. I have seriously no idea what you are saying about Ginn Jr.

So Ginn Jr. is weak hearted because some idiot teammate did that to him?:rolleyes:

By the way go tell Marvin Harrison he is too small to be in this league.

The Dolphins traded two first rounders and switched 4ths for Ricky. By the way that move was a big win in favor of the Saints.

Johnson would take maybe even more to get.

Atleast, our two 2nds, our 3rd and probably the 2nd next year MIGHT do it.

That was the same Terry Glenn that played for Parcells for a year and caught 90 passes for 1132 in that season, as a rookie??

The same one that has almost 9,000 career recieving yards and almost 50 touchdowns at 15 yards a catch??

The same one that has almost 2,200 yards the last to seasons and 96 1st down catches the past 2 seasons??

Is it?

Is it the same one?

Come on man, you're better than this.

And the next season he had 431...and the next 792. Yes...I'm better than that.

And the next season he had 431...and the next 792. Yes...I'm better than that.

Yes and he was injured by the way in his third year in the league, out for seven games. He was on a 1000 yard pace. The next year he had a 1000 yards. He then went into a tail-spin from personality problems which Ginn Jr. does not have.

The last two years he has been a 1000 yard receiver once again.

The hell are you talking about? Chambers has been very durable. I have seriously no idea what you are saying about Ginn Jr.

So Ginn Jr. is weak hearted because some idiot teammate did that to him?:rolleyes:

By the way go tell Marvin Harrison he is too small to be in this league.

The Dolphins traded two first rounders and switched 4ths for Ricky. By the way that move was a big win in favor of the Saints.

Johnson would take maybe even more to get.

Atleast, our two 2nds, our 3rd and probably the 2nd next year MIGHT do it.

What am I talking about....the only time Chambers make a pass play is if it's down the sidelines....he rarely goes into the middle of the field....especially since he got his bell rung.

What am I talking about....the only time Chambers make a pass play is if it's down the sidelines....he rarely goes into the middle of the field....especially since he got his bell rung.

What does that HAVE TO DO anything with Ginn Jr?

It isn't because of size that Chambers can't do it...

Friggin Santana Moss goes across the middle and so does Steve Smith.

He got his bell rung in 2002. What you get is what you see with Chris Chambers, Ted Ginn Jr.'s play has nothing to do with his. They have very little to do with each other as far as when they came into the league, their playing style, and their ability.

Physically and mentally they're entirely different people.

When the Chargers acquired Rivers (they actually drafted Eli Manning but he didn't want to play for them), AJ Smith wasn't convince Drew Brees was their QB of the future. Brees had just come off a very bad year where he was benched for several games while Doug Flutie started in his place.

If Rivers had not held out he may have been the starter in 2004 instead of Brees.

What exactly happened to Chambers? He had 21 catches in the 5 games before Kennedy's hit and 20 catches in the 5 games he played following it.

Chambers catch total actually improved the next 3 seasons and came within 37 yards in 2003 and 102 yards in 2004 of 1,000 yards for the season.

We all know what he did in 2005 where he finished second in the AFC in TD catches.

So that knock on the head had no effect on his play.

How is he part time?

Actually he runs a lot of routes across the middle. And I like to watch rather than do what the sheep do and read, therefore using someone elses opinion as your own.

As to why he's not used in the red zone......ask Jim Tressell.

He's falling a little because he had his ankle bent under him when blowing Florida away on the opening kickoff of the biggest game of the year, re-injuring a broken bone in his foot and suffering a high ankle sprain, meaning he can't work out for scouts.

And which other WR is better than him? Because I know you don't mean Gonzalez? You only had to watch the BCS Title Game to see how little Gonzalez contributes when Ginn isn't taking the double coverage and how Ginn's abscence from the game ruined OSU's chances.

Yes, Ginn leaving the game seemed to deflate the entire Ohio State team, I really believe that had a lot to with the rout we saw, although I still think Florida wins.

Back
Top Bottom