Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

You have your opinion and I have mine and no matter how you want to make Ginn your personal mission my opinion will not be swayed like so many people here.

I have enjoyed many of your informative posts and agree with you on many points but this is not one. So to call me and others naive because we do not express your opinion on Ginn is "naive in the extreme"

1. It's not a personal mission, merely an evaluation of Miami's needs, factored in with the particular talent in question.

2. I don't see people being 'swayed'. They either agree or they don't. But they don't cry about it.

3. The 'naive' comment has clearly gone over your head. Pete claimed that Ginn wouldn't be up for consideration at 9, when that's clearly not true.

1. It's not a personal mission, merely an evaluation of Miami's needs, factored in with the particular talent in question.

2. I don't see people being 'swayed'. They either agree or they don't. But they don't cry about it.

3. The 'naive' comment has clearly gone over your head. Pete claimed that Ginn wouldn't be up for consideration at 9, when that's clearly not true.

Of course everything you just posted is your opinion NOT fact
and I still disagree on your assesment of Ginn.

WORST Oline you've seen? Don't watch much NCAA football? Much as I hate to say it Florida just flat out outplayed them. Seen him play, and valuewise, he isn't the 9th best player in the draft. That being said, I like the idea of trading with Green Bay, to slide down and take him, fills a need, and nets another draft pick. He is wicked fast, and when he runs it looks effortless.

Of course everything you just posted is your opinion NOT fact
and I still disagree on your assesment of Ginn.

So you don't think that Miami needs a deep threat flanker?

So you don't think that Miami's offense needs an x-factor?

So you don't think that Miami's special teams need a kick returner?

So you don't think that Miami's special teams need a punt returner?

So you don't think that Ginn can play flanker?

So you don't think that Ginn would provide an x-factor that this offense lacks?

So you don't think Ginn would provide a return game injection?

You don't think that Ginn is consideration at 9? Well you need to speak to more people then.

Those are facts, not opinions.

You don't think that Ginn is consideration at 9? Well you need to speak to more people then.

If Ginn Jr. had been healthy and busted what would have likely been a 4.29-4.30 time at the combine with even solid receiving skills he'd be a lock for our pick.

If Ginn Jr. had been healthy and busted what would have likely been a 4.29-4.30 time at the combine with even solid receiving skills he'd be a lock for our pick.
Got that right. But he didn't run. I don't know who we should pick. I like Ginn Jr. better now than I did before, he does fill two needs. We have so many it makes my head spin. I'm not going to get my heart set on any particular guy because 8 teams pick before us, and we have to weigh the pros and cons of who is available when we pick. I'm sure Mueller and Cam probably have 50 scenarios lined up on how the draft may play out, and I'm just going to put my faith in their decision.LOL Like I have a choice.

The best scenario is if the Phins either trade up for Quinn without much effort, or if they trade down to the 13-16th range. There they can grab Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, or Ted Ginn Jr.

That would be IDEAL...

LOL, ideally I would rather Quinn drop to #9. But I wouldn't mind trading down and getting Ginn Jr..

Speaking of facts check your statement regarding Chambers and Ginn being Cousins.As far as your Ginn "mission" I think JL Higgins could be had for much less than a number 9 pick and in my opinion(not fact like everything you say)
would do a fine job as receiver,punt returner,kick off returner and all around playmaker.
Higgins in
49 games had 190 catches...3218 yrds...17.0 ydc...32 tds

GINN
37 games had 135 catches...1943 yrds...14.4 ydc...15 tds

15 tds in 3 years THATS RIGHT Ginn had 15 tds in 3 years
WOW GREAT PLAYMAKER

Speaking of facts check your statement regarding Chambers and Ginn being Cousins.

See what happens when you follow the sheep and believe everything that's written down.

As far as your Ginn "mission" I think JL Higgins could be had for much less than a number 9 pick and in my opinion(not fact like everything you say)
would do a fine job as receiver,punt returner,kick off returner and all around playmaker.
Higgins in
49 games had 190 catches...3218 yrds...17.0 ydc...32 tds

GINN

WOW GREAT PLAYMAKER

Of course, Higgins was sharing the wealth with all those other amazing talents like Josh Chamois, Dirk Dillard, Josh Fematt, Chris Marrow and Jarvis Woodson.

Whereas Ginn was playing with such low lights as Maurice Clarett, Troy Smith, Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzalez, Roy Hall, Antonio Pittman, Brian Robiskie, Rory Nichol, Chris Wells, Brian Hartline, etc.

Speaking of facts......3218 yrds...17.0 ydc...32 tds

GINN

WOW GREAT PLAYMAKER

Ginn jr scored 15 TD's as a receiver.
Ginn jr scored 3 TD's as a rusher.
Ginn jr scored 6 TD's as a punt returner.
Ginn jr scored 2 TD's as a Kick returner.
Ginn jr threw 1 TD as a QB.

He had a couple more TD's in the return game that were called back because of stupid penalties. He doubled his receiving TD's total every year. There is certainly not much to NOT like.

Ginn jr scored 15 TD's as a receiver.
Ginn jr scored 3 TD's as a rusher.
Ginn jr scored 6 TD's as a punt returner.
Ginn jr scored 2 TD's as a Kick returner.
Ginn jr threw 1 TD as a QB.

He had a couple more TD's in the return game that were called back because of stupid penalties. He doubled his receiving TD's total every year. There is certainly not much to NOT like.

that is just amazing stuff. The guys that are talented enough to threaten in all those areas are special.

There's no argument in the world that could sell me on picking Ginn. Jr at 9 because he is a massive boom player but also could turn out to be just our 4th receiver and return man. But at the same time I want Mueller to pick him and take the risk on his shoulders. He's always in the back of my head about what we'd be giving up if we got another player at 9. And out of this draft I really think it is very weak for what we want and need at the 9 position.
Having said that if I was thinking logically I would still want Landry at 9. If we were to trade down to any position mid round I would definitely want to pick Ginn.

Got that right. But he didn't run. I don't know who we should pick. I like Ginn Jr. better now than I did before, he does fill two needs. We have so many it makes my head spin. I'm not going to get my heart set on any particular guy because 8 teams pick before us, and we have to weigh the pros and cons of who is available when we pick. I'm sure Mueller and Cam probably have 50 scenarios lined up on how the draft may play out, and I'm just going to put my faith in their decision.LOL Like I have a choice.

True....he does fill two needs....but on the other hand...he's been hurt now for over 3 months...what happens if he gets hurt playing for us....what then...you lose two positions. Thst all we need...question marks at QB...questions about Ricky...and then questions about another Dolphin first round pick.

Anyone can get hurt, did you see how Ginn Jr. actually got hurt? How likely is it a teammate is going to basically try to destroy him while another holds him?

He has no injury propensity...

Back
Top Bottom