Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

Fair enough. Admittedly I do not have a lot of confidence in Ginn panning out over the course of his NFL career despite the fact that he does have good football instincts and incredible speed. I also was very very disappointed when we drafted him when we did. I felt like we really reached at the #9 spot. None of that is directly Ginn's fault as I lay the majority of the blame on Cam Cameron. With that said, I think you're a little confused on how I feel he "doesn't factor into the offense" because he does-but he doesn't-at least not to the full potential of his skills.

He doesn't factor into the offense the way a Brandon Marshall or a Randy Moss factors into their offenses. This isn't Ted Ginn's fault either. It all rests on the arm of Chad Pennington. If anything I am more against Chad Pennington than I am Ted Ginn. Ted Ginn is incredibly fast but his speed is rendered useless in the vertical attack as Chad Pennington cannot throw the deep ball. Ted Ginn also tends to get "bullied" at the line of scrimmage. He's not a big physical receiver. No one is bullying Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Because of Ted Ginn's size, he isn't able to release as well as some of the more bigger, physical receivers in the NFL.
Ted getting bullied at the line of scrimmage has not be true the past four weeks. He got several clean releases against Cromartie when Antonio tried to jam him but the ball didn't go in his direction.

You obviously haven't seen many games Randy Moss has played for you to say this. Randy Moss is not a physical receiver and doesn't like it when DBs play physical with him.
I was the first to give Ted Ginn props in the best game he played all year and it wasn't the game against Buffalo; at least not in my opinion. I think Ginn's best game was against the Chargers. Ted Ginn's speed was so respected by the Chargers that Ted Ginn effectively took possibly the NFL's best defensive player, Antonio Cromartie, completely out of the game while we pounded the Chargers all day with the Wildcat formation. We never really attacked the left side of the field where Cromartie was patrolling and Ginn kept Cromartie from becoming a part of the game and making plays. It was brilliant planning by the coaches and execuation by Ted Ginn.

Ted Ginn is a great talent but he'll never become a solid #1 go-to receiver. He just won't.
While we never really attacked the left side of the field, we didn't shy away from it either. All seven of Ginn's receptions were on Cromartie side including the 14-yarder late in the game to keep a drive alive. Cromartie missed a jam on Ginn who then beat a hold by Cason on the out route. Also Martin's 25-yarder was on Cromartie's side. Camarillo beat Cromartie on an out route but the ball was high and Antonio gave him a cheap shot.

Actually... I didn't have anything to say about TG being drafted... other than the fact... knowledgeable GM's RARELY draft WR's that high... unless your name is Matt....

If when you say Matt you mean- Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Charles Rogers, Andre Johnson, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Peter Warick, Plaxico Burress, Torry Holt, David Boston, Ike Hillard, Keyshawn Johnson (the idiot that picked this guy went as far up as 1st overall), Terry Glenn, Michael Westbrook, JJ Stokes, Curtis Conway, Desmond Howard, Herman Moore, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharp then I agree with you one hundred percent.

:woot:

Of course I could go on for a full page but I am not that great of a typist so I will stop here. I am not sure if you know this or not that quite a few of those GMS that selected these players are pretty knowledgeable and pretty well respected in NFL circles.

You see.... I give players a chance to develop and put their game on the field... and... to date... save for one exception... and things that happen only once are called exceptions... (not breakouts)... TG has only turned reservations about his ability..... to doubts

See above :unsure:

I doubt ANY here are looking for TG to fail... we are all Dolphin Fans.... but until he proves productive over time... and elevates his game... and becomes a consistant pro.... people like me will continue to tell it like it really is... instead of your microwave mentality reflecting on his greatness after one game of stats... and oh BTW... did you see him get run down.... huh!

Is there such thing as the expectation police? Still yet i havent found anyone that has called him great- only that he could be great. But of course we cannot allow people to feel that way someone needs to sway anyones feelings about what they think or might see in the guy. That way you can say you were right about drafting Ginn for a little bit longer.
:woot:

Bottom line... TG has not proven to be a difference maker... to date.

Maybe he is what Cam said he was... the next Desmond Howard.... yippee...

If BP hadn't already used the "she" word on Terry Glenn... he sure would have come up with it for TG...

Bottom line... TG has not proven to be a difference maker... to date.

Maybe he is what Cam said he was... the next Desmond Howard.... yippee...

If BP hadn't already used the "she" word on Terry Glenn... he sure would have come up with it for TG...

a few people doesnt need for it to be proven (they just believe)

Most people will take the wait and see approach (this is where i fall in but at times i find myself leaning toward the former)

a few others think that ginn is like most other high prospects and that it
will take a at least 2 years for the light to go on

and there is a small portion of people that believe that its very important to inform others that their enthusiasm is ill-founded

Either way it really doesnt matter, its going to turn out like it turns out and at least one group of people will be right

Back
Top Bottom