Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

A pro in the NFL is a guy that does everything it takes to prepare and execute and that includes sacrificing his body when it's time to do so.... to date TG hasn't done any of those things...
And where did you get this definition? Curious, i checked and and didnt see pro defined this way

A productive pro is a player that produces over time... consistantly... over the course of a season... or seasons....

Again by defiition you are incorrect. By definition a productive (can produce) pro (gets paid) has nothing to do with over the course of a season or seasons. Please refer back to me asking to check your definitions (this is not about how you feel, what you think, or your gut feeling) I ASKED YOU TO CHECK the dictionary NOT "thedayafter dictionary of modern, modern english"

You know- a real one

Now refer to my last post
NOW you may have meant that he has not been proven to be productive on a regular basis but that is not what you said, in fact you turned around and tried to put an exclaimation point on you post (a post that- as i have done above is PROVEN incorrect)

And when you tried to put 2 exclaimation points on a point that was without thought it became silly.

I look at his body of work... and to date... it's been marginal at best... a "breakout performance" is not what TG had last Sunday... a "breakout performance" can only be stated if he continues to be highly productive.... only then can last Sunday be looked upon as a "breakout".....so put the anoiting oil away for a while....
Your breakout performance definition is a good one and to a degree i agree with that but it had nothing to do with my original post so i will not address that any further other than to say please send me the "thedayafter edition dictionary of modern, modern english. I think it would come in handy if we wish to continue this conversation
I have stated many times... I hope TG succeeds.... and my reservations about his ability to become a true #1 WR are still in place...

In regards to "laughable".... take a vote... anyone else here (other than you) think TG is All-Pro status..... huh.... doubtful!

Please see "reading comprehension" and then go back and find where i said he was an all pro :lol:
As it stands anyone reading this would see you said that because of an agenda

Let me help with the comprehension part- here is what you were refering to.
Hint- prodctive pro has already been proven.
Addtional help- add "all" before pro and you may be a bit more correct

i said that you would be correct if you said "HE HAS NOT PROVEN HE IS AN ALL PRO"

And where did you get this definition? Curious, i checked and and didnt see pro defined this way

Again by defiition you are incorrect. By definition a productive (can produce) pro (gets paid) has nothing to do with over the course of a season or seasons. Please refer back to me asking to check your definitions (this is not about how you feel, what you think, or your gut feeling) I ASKED YOU TO CHECK the dictionary NOT "thedayafter dictionary of modern, modern english"

You know- a real one

Now refer to my last post
NOW you may have meant that he has not been proven to be productive on a regular basis but that is not what you said, in fact you turned around and tried to put an exclaimation point on you post (a post that- as i have done above is PROVEN incorrect)

And when you tried to put 2 exclaimation points on a point that was without thought it became silly.

1. Please see "reading comprehension" and then go back and find where i said he was an all pro :lol:
As it stands anyone reading this would see you said that because of an agenda

Let me help with the comprehension part- here is what you were refering to.
Hint- prodctive pro has already been proven.
Addtional help- add "all" before pro and you may be a bit more correct

i said that you would be correct if you said "HE HAS NOT PROVEN HE IS AN ALL PRO"

2. Your breakout performance definition is a good one and to a degree i agree with that but it had nothing to do with my original post so i will not address that any further other than to say please send me the "thedayafter edition dictionary of modern, modern english. I think it would come in handy if we wish to continue this conversation

Clearly... you're in over your head.... just because you don't "get it".... suggest you go back to school... and play your "grasshopper" games with them...

I mean... why continue.... pointless really... buh-bye

Clearly... you're in over your head.... just because you don't "get it".... suggest you go back to school... and play your "grasshopper" games with them...

I mean... why continue.... pointless really... buh-bye

Perfect rebuttal

I have to give you credit these points you addressed really made me understand where you are coming from. You were clear and concise with your facts; and the way you laid it all out as to why you are right is undebatable :unsure:

no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.

no it wazs chad's fault becuz he didnt get the ball to him in past games which woulda helped him out this is the first game he threw deep to him and underthrew it a bit but still as long as he LOOKS at ted gin then hell have games like he did last sunday

The light bulb FINALLY comes on for Ted Ginn Jr. in one game and some people are ready to hand him the keys to the city. Unbelievable. This kind of reminds of a couple of weeks ago when Jacory Harris stepped in against Duke and led an offensive barrage and Hurricane fans were proclaiming that Jacory Harris was the next Ken Dorsey and that Robert Marve was Kyle Wright in disguise. Yeah, not so much of that garbage this week. I guarantee you that ted Ginn Jr. will be same ol' same ol' Ted Ginn Jr this week against Denver.

The only way this bum gets any love from me is if he runs a 4.3 out of South Florida after being traded to a team that needs a backup.

Crow. Pft.

You know, maybe I am a little rough on Ted Ginn. I know the guy is blazing fast. I know the guy is on hell of a kick returner, but he's also as dumb as a rock. He has a lot of talent. He really does. But he's talent and his speed is useless with Chad Pennington throwing the football. It's painfully obvious that Ginn is simply not much of a facotr in this offense. Don't kid yourself. Do not allow yourself to be blinded and fooled by one game and 175 yards.

You acknowledge that he has a lot of talent and that he just had a 175 yard game yet you say that he isn't a factor in this offense. You don't seem to have an facts to back up these statements. I think it's more about your general bias against Ginn.

You acknowledge that he has a lot of talent and that he just had a 175 yard game yet you say that he isn't a factor in this offense. You don't seem to have an facts to back up these statements. I think it's more about your general bias against Ginn.

Fair enough. Admittedly I do not have a lot of confidence in Ginn panning out over the course of his NFL career despite the fact that he does have good football instincts and incredible speed. I also was very very disappointed when we drafted him when we did. I felt like we really reached at the #9 spot. None of that is directly Ginn's fault as I lay the majority of the blame on Cam Cameron. With that said, I think you're a little confused on how I feel he "doesn't factor into the offense" because he does-but he doesn't-at least not to the full potential of his skills.

He doesn't factor into the offense the way a Brandon Marshall or a Randy Moss factors into their offenses. This isn't Ted Ginn's fault either. It all rests on the arm of Chad Pennington. If anything I am more against Chad Pennington than I am Ted Ginn. Ted Ginn is incredibly fast but his speed is rendered useless in the vertical attack as Chad Pennington cannot throw the deep ball. Ted Ginn also tends to get "bullied" at the line of scrimmage. He's not a big physical receiver. No one is bullying Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Because of Ted Ginn's size, he isn't able to release as well as some of the more bigger, physical receivers in the NFL.

I was the first to give Ted Ginn props in the best game he played all year and it wasn't the game against Buffalo; at least not in my opinion. I think Ginn's best game was against the Chargers. Ted Ginn's speed was so respected by the Chargers that Ted Ginn effectively took possibly the NFL's best defensive player, Antonio Cromartie, completely out of the game while we pounded the Chargers all day with the Wildcat formation. We never really attacked the left side of the field where Cromartie was patrolling and Ginn kept Cromartie from becoming a part of the game and making plays. It was brilliant planning by the coaches and execuation by Ted Ginn.

Ted Ginn is a great talent but he'll never become a solid #1 go-to receiver. He just won't.

The light bulb FINALLY comes on for Ted Ginn Jr. in one game and some people are ready to hand him the keys to the city. Unbelievable. This kind of reminds of a couple of weeks ago when Jacory Harris stepped in against Duke and led an offensive barrage and Hurricane fans were proclaiming that Jacory Harris was the next Ken Dorsey and that Robert Marve was Kyle Wright in disguise. Yeah, not so much of that garbage this week. I guarantee you that ted Ginn Jr. will be same ol' same ol' Ted Ginn Jr this week against Denver.

The only way this bum gets any love from me is if he runs a 4.3 out of South Florida after being traded to a team that needs a backup.

Crow. Pft.

You know, maybe I am a little rough on Ted Ginn. I know the guy is blazing fast. I know the guy is on hell of a kick returner, but he's also as dumb as a rock. He has a lot of talent. He really does. But he's talent and his speed is useless with Chad Pennington throwing the football. It's painfully obvious that Ginn is simply not much of a facotr in this offense. Don't kid yourself. Do not allow yourself to be blinded and fooled by one game and 175 yards.

I find it humorous that this was posted by someone clearly too dumb or just too lazy to use spell check. For crying out loud, at least proof-read before you hit the "submit reply" button :sidelol:

I love me some Ginn, but for people asking others to eat crow, you need to relax and watch games with more detail. Ginn was going against a DB on an island with a bad knee.

Congrats to him, but we need more consistency each week.

I love me some Ginn, but for people asking others to eat crow, you need to relax and watch games with more detail. Ginn was going against a DB on an island with a bad knee.

Congrats to him, but we need more consistency each week.

well said. it seems like a player has one good game and everybody just assumes it will keep happening. Those that proclaimed Ronnie ready to be the best seem very quiet the past few weeks.

I find it humorous that this was posted by someone clearly too dumb or just too lazy to use spell check. For crying out loud, at least proof-read before you hit the "submit reply" button :sidelol:

Oh give me a Goddamn break. I flipped the 't' and the 'o' around in the word factor. Big effing whoop. For ****'s sake. Is that best you can do is critique ONE little spelling error. Burn me at the stake. Christ...

But since this is clearly a spelling bee and/or grammar lesson, allow me to point out that 'proof-read' is actually one word and therefore, no hyphen is needed.

:rolleyes2:

no it wazs chad's fault becuz he didnt get the ball to him in past games which woulda helped him out this is the first game he threw deep to him and underthrew it a bit but still as long as he LOOKS at ted gin then hell have games like he did last sunday

Yea Ginn is a probowler and the only thing holding him back is our player of the week lol. Ginn has never been the dominant receiver that some make him out to be, in the future who knows.

well said. it seems like a player has one good game and everybody just assumes it will keep happening. Those that proclaimed Ronnie ready to be the best seem very quiet the past few weeks.

I find it silly too, Brown should have torn it up against the number ONE ranked defense against the run and then followed it up by a then top ten defense. There is no excuse for brown to stall against defenses like that- great backs usually shine against top ranked defenses-um, wait-well maybe i should rethink this a bit. :ponder:

As far as ginn goes- well he had a great game- no not good- great and people see a bright spot, they have optimisim in place of a once dark spot. I am not too sure i have seen anyone declaring him eventual hall of fame yet- so maybe, we shouldn't wait for him to have a a bad game, maybe we should just expect it and quash all that needless optimisim right now before people start feeling- ah, happy. :(

:woot:

Yea Ginn is a probowler and the only thing holding him back is our player of the week lol. Ginn has never been the dominant receiver that some make him out to be, in the future who knows.

Exactly right he has never been a dominate receiver in all the 18 years he has played in the NFL. Wait, let me check that-ah I am thinking its been more like 5 years....BRB

This cant be right nfl.com has him listed as playing only 23 games :unsure:

Quick question- when you say never did you mean 23 games?

Exactly right he has never been a dominate receiver in all the 18 years he has played in the NFL. Wait, let me check that-ah I am thinking its been more like 5 years....BRB

This cant be right nfl.com has him listed as playing only 23 games :unsure:

Quick question- when you say never did you mean 23 games?

I meant in college and in the pros as of yet

Ginn had a nice game.... and great numbers.... once.... and really we have no idea how he really graded out over-all.... some want to think he's the next... imo... it just goes to show their lack of understanding of players and the game...

Back
Top Bottom