Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

I find it silly too, Brown should have torn it up against the number ONE ranked defense against the run and then followed it up by a then top ten defense. There is no excuse for brown to stall against defenses like that- great backs usually shine against top ranked defenses-um, wait-well maybe i should rethink this a bit. :ponder:

As far as ginn goes- well he had a great game- no not good- great and people see a bright spot, they have optimisim in place of a once dark spot. I am not too sure i have seen anyone declaring him eventual hall of fame yet- so maybe, we shouldn't wait for him to have a a bad game, maybe we should just expect it and quash all that needless optimisim right now before people start feeling- ah, happy. :(

:woot:

Hmm so we only count the games against the 16th and 20th ranked defenses where he had his best games. Portis has shredded some very good run defenses. So I guess we cannot count last year for Brown when he shredded the 19th, 27th,29th and 31st ranked run defenses.

Thats good that means we still have a glimmer of hope

I have always said that Ginn was overdrafted due to college hype and Devin Hester's monster year but I do think he will be a solid number 2 guy in the NFL. I dont see a probowler but I see a good football player at some point. Not his fault he was overdrafted or that he only started as a rookie because of default.

Hmm so we only count the games against the 16th and 20th ranked defenses where he had his best games. Portis has shredded some very good run defenses. So I guess we cannot count last year for Brown when he shredded the 19th, 27th,29th and 31st ranked run defenses.

Its how all great backs get their stats, i cannot count how many GREAT backs got shut down against us in the early 2000s and then make up for it the very next week against a poor rush defense. Whats the in vogue stat for defenses now- games held under 100 yards. Seems to me great defenses hold great backs down ALL OF THE TIME

Edit- and it doesnt matter what your name is

I have always said that Ginn was overdrafted due to college hype and Devin Hester's monster year but I do think he will be a solid number 2 guy in the NFL. I dont see a probowler but I see a good football player at some point. Not his fault he was overdrafted or that he only started as a rookie because of default.

That sounds to me like you definatly have a reason for wanting him to be a solid number 2.

At this stage of his pro career he is ahead of the curve for being a number one (as other posts have pointed out)

We dont know and no one is crowning him savior yet but at this stage there is more hope than there is proof to the contrary

Its how all great backs get their stats, i cannot count how many GREAT backs got shut down against us in the early 2000s and then make up for it the very next week against a poor rush defense. Whats the in vogue stat for defenses now- games held under 100 yards. Seems to me great defenses hold great backs down ALL OF THE TIME

Edit- and it doesnt matter what your name is

When Brown gets it done over a full season, I will be the first to give him props but right now he is just another good runningback and far from being mentioned as the best.

That sounds to me like you definatly have a reason for wanting him to be a solid number 2.

At this stage of his pro career he is ahead of the curve for being a number one (as other posts have pointed out)

We dont know and no one is crowning him savior yet but at this stage there is more hope than there is proof to the contrary

Im not sure how is ahead of the curve, most receivers have to work to get to that spot, Ginn is our number one only by default we traded our best guy and have a very poor receiving corps. I see Ginn basically on schedule as a number 2, he still with the exception of last game has alot to prove. Seven games no td's.

Im not sure how is ahead of the curve, most receivers have to work to get to that spot, Ginn is our number one only by default we traded our best guy and have a very poor receiving corps. I see Ginn basically on schedule as a number 2, he still with the exception of last game has alot to prove. Seven games no td's.

See here is the thing- what he did against the bills, against a top ten defense- you can say a few things.

1. he has a decent chance of doing it again against the bottom ten defenses. In fact as in the case with running backs great receivers get great yardage against lesser defenses while being held in check by great defenses.

2.there is no doubt pennington will look to him for some decent yardage when needed(no debate there) it will be up to ginn to keep his trust

3.there is a better chance of him getting better than there is of him remaining stagnant

thats ahead of the curve.

See here is the thing- what he did against the bills, against a top ten defense- you can say a few things.

1. he has a decent chance of doing it again against the bottom ten defenses. In fact as in the case with running backs great receivers get great yardage against lesser defenses while being held in check by great defenses.

2.there is no doubt pennington will look to him for some decent yardage when needed(no debate there) it will be up to ginn to keep his trust

3.there is a better chance of him getting better than there is of him remaining stagnant

thats ahead of the curve.

I agree with all of the above but I think that where the curve should be at for a second year starter. Up to this last game he actually seemed to be slightly regressing as far as making the play. His hands have been very good but his playmaking up to this week has looked quite average. When I think ahead of the curve I think of Desean Jackson. We have to find out if this game was just a an aberration over time with more games like this.

What a farce... how many GM's would trade their guy for TG... NONE (imo)

D makes a great point ... not his fault he was overdrafted... BUT... it IS his fault for failure to learn the pro game... put the time in the weight room... and make the sacrifices others players make on game day....

I hope Ginn has success.... but my reservations about TG the football player continue to lean toward doubt rather than... "breakout"... time will tell...

D makes a great point ... not his fault he was overdrafted... BUT... it IS his fault for failure to learn the pro game... put the time in the weight room... and make the sacrifices others players make on game day....

I hope Ginn has success.... but my reservations about TG the football player continue to lean toward doubt rather than... "breakout"... time will tell...

Better watch out around here. Some of these guys don't like the cold, hard truth.

I sure hope I didn't misspell anything here.

:rotfl1:

You are absoulty right here, I hate that he hasnt put time in the weight room or learned the pro game. I spent the last three months pooring through stories about how he fails to put the time in to make himself better but it took great care to sift through all of those other stories on how poor his route running has been to date.

I was hanging with parcells and ginn the other day. Ginn was telling me hes just too tired to really put in the effort and parcells shot back that he would trade him if he could but every single GM in the NFL turned him down flat. He even tried to pass him off for a taco and a used playboy centerfold- still no takers

You didnt happen to be outspoken against drafting ginn and then thereafter staking your reputation on him not being nothing more than a 2nd after it occured did you? :unsure:

You are absoulty right here, I hate that he hasnt put time in the weight room or learned the pro game. I spent the last three months pooring through stories about how he fails to put the time in to make himself better but it took great care to sift through all of those other stories on how poor his route running has been to date.

I was hanging with parcells and ginn the other day. Ginn was telling me hes just too tired to really put in the effort and parcells shot back that he would trade him if he could but every single GM in the NFL turned him down flat. He even tried to pass him off for a taco and a used playboy centerfold- still no takers

You didnt happen to be outspoken against drafting ginn and then thereafter staking your reputation on him not being nothing more than a 2nd after it occured did you? :unsure:

Did Parcells mention that Cam knows his family and when you trade for Ginn you trade for the entire Ginn family?

Actually... I didn't have anything to say about TG being drafted... other than the fact... knowledgeable GM's RARELY draft WR's that high... unless your name is Matt....

You see.... I give players a chance to develop and put their game on the field... and... to date... save for one exception... and things that happen only once are called exceptions... (not breakouts)... TG has only turned reservations about his ability..... to doubts

I doubt ANY here are looking for TG to fail... we are all Dolphin Fans.... but until he proves productive over time... and elevates his game... and becomes a consistant pro.... people like me will continue to tell it like it really is... instead of your microwave mentality reflecting on his greatness after one game of stats... and oh BTW... did you see him get run down.... huh!

Back
Top Bottom