Ten FA's That Fit The Dolphins Future | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten FA's That Fit The Dolphins Future

I might consider getting a deal done with Soliai now before he plays in 2011, especially if once the CBA is ratified and you're allowed to hold team functions, you ask him to come in for a weigh-in and his weight and body fat are as good as you wanted or better. He claims he's been on some special workout retreat with other polynesians like Haloti Ngata this off season and that he's in the best shape of his career. If that's true, I'd reward him by giving him the long term deal.

Cameron Wake though, I'd hold off on that one. The guy just had a breakout year and is being hailed as the best 3rd/4th down rusher in the NFL. He's going to come back down to earth as teams double and triple up on him. He'll be 30 years old by the time this year's Super Bowl is played. You're definitely going to want to see how he does this year before you decide whether and how much to give him. You have the ability to franchise him in 2012 if you find that the contract negotiations haven't been going well and you want to keep him another year. That gets you to 2013 with him being nearly 32 years old...and if you feel like he's still got the juice and you want him here, I'm sure he'll be easier to sign by then. It's just wiser to hold off on him.

It's the same thing I was saying when everyone was all about giving Ronnie Brown a huge contract extension. It's no sin to hold off, see how he produces for you, see if he's worth it, franchise him if you need to and keep delaying the time when you need to decide to give the guy a sh-t ton of guaranteed money.

alright...i can see your point with wake...although i think he's got 5 double digit sack years left in him easy...but i can get down with that...tagging him when the time comes

although that contract he's in right now can't be making him happy...like 4 years and $4.75 mil...might not hurt if we threw him a bone of a bonus or something...he's making special teams only money

otherwise we're gonna have one unhappy camper soon...and justifiably so

jake long signed for like 7 years and big money...he shouldn't be on our radar til the last year of his contract...get wake and solai signed up long term and make a decision on what you're gonna do with kendall langford next year...if he's not in your plans for a 5 year $35 mil deal at least trade him while you can acquire assets...he lands easy a 2nd rounder in trade

as for henne i wouldn't even think about him long term til after the season...he definitely wouldn't be keeping me from signing up someone else long term in house...i know that...or a free agent we covet

if the kid blows us away bravo...but i'm not holding my breath

My line of thinking on Jake Long is that he and Joe Thomas will have their contracts expire within a year of each other. Ferguson up in NY already signed for a deal larger than Long. That means whoever signs next is going to get a bigger one than him, and the third a bigger one than the guy who signed second. If I was Ireland, I would want to get Long signed before Thomas signs his new deal, that way I'm not the guy on top of the ladder, on the hook for the largest deal for a LT ever just a year after that distinction was just given to another. No other LT in the game is on the level of Long, so Thomas is really the barometer of what Long's agent is going to ask for. I'd rather be the barometer of what Thomas' agent is asking for personally...

Can i get some assimuga, nmadi ?
Let sean play s where he is a better fit.

10. Blaine Sumner DT. 49 reps is bold freakish, and a 9'5" broad jump for a guy weighing 335 lbs. is just shocking. Ya, make this a priority signing. I can't believe guys like this were not drafted. This guy attended CO School of Mines, a brainiac school, he can learn to play NT in a 3-4 in probably one year on the PS or the bottom of the 53 man roster.

Love to get some input on these guys. Who would you take instead???

You want to hear freakish? This is a convo I'm having with my brother, who is on the Mines team and knows this guy very well.

Me: What's up, little bro? Hey, a couple of your teammates (Marc Schiechl and Blaine Sumner) came up in a conversation about undrafted free agents on one of the Dolphins boards. How well did you know them?

Bro: Very well... that's awesome

Me: Is Sumner as much a beast as his combine numbers suggest? A 9.5' broad jump from a guy that big shouldn't be possible.

Bro: haha thats true
he squats 1000 and benches 635
probably runs around a 4.9-5.1

Me: Dayum

Frustrated that crowder isn't a playmaker ? Yes. But should we cut him? HELL NO. When he is injured have you noticed how awful our run defense becomes ? I know many can't stand him because he's vocal, but we are a better team when he's on the field.

IMO
Top 3 targets would be Deangelo Williams, Heath Miller, and Logan Mankins.
Absolutely no reason to go after Asomogada or however you spell it. Too many other impact positions we need help at. Our secondary is young and promising. A less expensive vet would be great
As for QB, Orton for a third would be awesome, Vince Young is a playmaker and has proven he wins games. Either would be a good gamble. I'd rather pray for Hasselbeck than Mcnabb or Bulger.
If we can't get Williams or Bradshaw I'd go for Sproles and Willis Mcgahee.
Would love a receiver opposite Marshall. Doubt they would want Sims Walker. Maybe Santanna Moss? Or Houshmanzanda or however you spell it would probabkyncome cheap

Housh is washed up and Santana Moss has never been anything but above average. Sims-Walkers, OTOH, is young and can seriously play. We need to have a dozen receivers in camp with only Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, and Edmond Gates being guaranteed spots; the rest would be competing for four regular roster spots and maybe one or two PS slots.

Picked Bulger due to starting experience and decent play when he is healthy. I highly doubt this front office is going to trade any future picks for a QB. Let Henne start the season and have Bulger as a backup if he is not performing up to expectations. Tulloch is a bit undersized but so was Zach Thomas and between the size we have up front and Crowders lack of explosive plays I see him as a better option.

No opinions on Washington or Yanda?
so bulger has been hurt for five years now lol he is horrible

How far along is Yeremiah bell into his contract? You have to assume that Him, Will Allen, and Benny Sapp are not in the long term future plans. We have a lot of youth, but not everyone will plot out. Vontae, Sean smith, Hopefully clemons and reshad jones plot out to be good starters. beyond that we may need to target someone in the near future? I agree with what was said on Wake. Now that he's known let's see him perform another year, delay the inevitable and see how is game is on the other side of 30.

Back
Top Bottom