Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

I see this as a line-in-the-sand moment for the franchise.

Do we continue to lose key talent, or do we take a stand and keep the guy despite the price tag. Being 11-5 in future years is worth a $14 million investment.

We paid cutler $10 million for a one-off season. Let's lock up Landry for the remainder of Tannehill's prime years.

THIS!!!!!

Really strange.
The day before it seems he's gone.
The day after the negotiations are making progress, that means they already agreed on something I think.

Don't understand

Really strange.
The day before it seems he's gone.
The day after the negotiations are making progress, that means they already agreed on something I think.

Don't understand

Could be several things...

1. His market is not where he expected and sees the Dolphins offer as more reasonable
2. The Dolphins are beginning to cave and get closer to what he wants.
3. His agents told him to act more professional.

We transition tagged clay. Look where that got us. No TE.

The Dolphins are like ebay losers who get sniped at the last second. There will ALWAYS be someone to bid higher than this front office. That's why we can't keep talent and are below mediocrity. Teams know we are cheap and clueless.

Let's OVERPAY a PRODUCER just for once. It won't hurt that much.

I know a lot of the guys in here who would let him walk, would NEVER let some defensive wharf-rat thug go under similar circumstances because they have the Kool-Aid defensive fetish and don't care about offense.

I want to see PRODUCTION from the WR core, not metrics and measureables. The paint by numbers guys all love the legadu naanees and leonte carroos and want to cut the Wes Welkers and Chris Hogans.

I love all the revisionist history. People act like the Chris Hogan’s and Charles Clays of the world are Jerry Rice and Antonio Gates.

Ebay losers? How soon we forget Dansby, Wallace Suh and Albert. Call Miami what you want but they’re not cheap. Have any of the guys they didn’t re-sign been legit pro bowlers or even semi-stars elsewhere? No. If paying Landry comes as the expense of being able to pay two quality players in free agency you let him walk.

I love all the revisionist history. People act like the Chris Hogan’s and Charles Clays of the world are Jerry Rice and Antonio Gates.

Players who come in have to be starters in one of the packages or good on ST. Hogan, in the staff's opinion, was neither, and I was a Hogan fan.

Another home grown talent about to flourish elsewhere. This should make you steaming mad not shrug and say so what don't over pay him. He's worth every penny, again homegrown talent is how you stay together and build a nucleus to win together. Count how many Dolphins are flourishing on other teams because they either left via free agency or trade etc..........

Can't pay all the homegrown talent 15mil+. If we want to win Superbowls we need to stop having emotional ties to players...who are the two players in NE who have stood the test of time? Brady and Gronk...everyone else is expendable if they demand too much money. We will always be mediocre if we don't start using and abusing players then letting them walk.

I see this as a line-in-the-sand moment for the franchise.

Do we continue to lose key talent, or do we take a stand and keep the guy despite the price tag. Being 11-5 in future years is worth a $14 million investment.

We paid cutler $10 million for a one-off season. Let's lock up Landry for the remainder of Tannehill's prime years.

Great point about Jay Cutty> The organization didn't cry about that 10 mil.

A reminder guys . Personal attacks will get you banned from the thread so post accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom