Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

Best to avoid media on this topic. No contract extensions where giving out yet for any player. Landry is aware of that. It's not the time yet for any team to do contract extensions. Media is all about getting us to pay.... But the BS I read saying Landry disappointed he didn't get his deal yet is pure BS. It's evaluating time. Not contact extension time. Please avoid the media hype

Unless you have been apart of a team this may be difficult to digest. This lack of understanding comes out clear when guys post about numbers on the field and a slot receiver is replaceable.

Jarvis Landry plays football in a way that shows the sheer determination to win. Miami fans want a winner and he is a centerpiece to this organization. To let this guy walk away is a huge mistake. The money is not ours to spend, so I don't give a **** about how much Ross pays out to keep Landry. Yes I understand the cap, and there is room to cut other players. FOR EXAMPLE. Devante Parker is the Anti Juice Landry. I would trade this scrub in a minute, he doesn't make the effort we need and always has an ailment.

This will haunt this organization for a long time if we let him go. He is what helps keep the fire burning for this team which may not always mean raw numbers!

Don't make Landry suffer for the other poor personnel decisions made by this organization.
Tannehill in 1st round
Timmons
Billy Turner
Jamar Fletcher
Dion Jordan
John Avery
Jason Allen
Ted Ginn Jr
Jared Odrick - decent player-nothing better

on and on and on

Or taking Culpepper over Bress. Or as a matter of fact taking Bress instead of Jamar Flectcher.

We always bring in washed up over the hill players. LETS KEEP ONE THAT HAS A TRUE GRIT AND PASSION FOR THE GAME.

You bring up the past more than my x-wife :)

From 2011-2015 the only two drafted QB's who have clearly been better than RT are a No.1 overall pick who's a freak of nature (Newton) and the aforementioned Wilson.

Jury still out on Cousins and Foles. Both have better career passer rating than Ryan. Foles helped his team to Super Bowl.

Last edited:
No Andrew Luck and RG3 are 1 and 2 are value.

245 players were drafted after Ryan Tannehill in 2012, the only three you could argue were a better value are Russell Wilson, Luke Kuechley and Fletcher Cox. A super bowl winning QB and two hall of famers.

In fact, in a re-draft, Tannehill goes earlier than 8th.

From 2011-2015 the only two drafted QB's who have clearly been better than RT are a No.1 overall pick who's a freak of nature (Newton) and the aforementioned Wilson.
Taking that a step further, wasn't the scuttlebut that the Shanahans, who know a thing or 2 about QBs wanted to draft Tannehill at 6 before their buttinski owner made the front office back up the Brinks Truck to trade up with the Rams for RG3? And KC was allegedly poised to take him at 12.

So diverse opinions on a forum are what fuels it and makes it interesting. However, they are only opinions and not the gospel! My opposing opinion is that Tannehill's market value was +/- 4 positions from where we drafted him.

Last edited:

6 year returns

Player- Overall Salary - Overall TD's - Cost per TD

Nick Foles - $19.9M - 66 TD's - 300K
Kirk Cousins - $46.2M - 112 TD's - 412K
Ryan Tannehill - $50.5M - 112 TD's - 450K

Clearly you need to re look at your statement. He isn't clearly above these 2. They are very similar.

So Tannechise's little brother is a member here too......greeeeaaaaat :poop

Yes and apparently Tannehill's cousins are too. Grow up. Quit being threaten every time anyone had a different opinion than you. I like Tannehill, but he isn't god.

media-journalist-journalism-exaggerations-exaggerated-reporters-pjun1527_low.jpg

In other news, the opening poster seems very familiar.

6 year returns

Player- Overall Salary - Overall TD's - Cost per TD

Nick Foles - $19.9M - 66 TD's - 300K
Kirk Cousins - $46.2M - 112 TD's - 412K
Ryan Tannehill - $50.5M - 112 TD's - 450K

Clearly you need to re look at your statement. He isn't clearly above these 2. They are very similar.

Yes and apparently Tannehill's cousins are too. Grow up. Quit being threaten every time anyone had a different opinion than you. I like Tannehill, but he isn't god.
I think you read his post wrong. He didn't say Tannehill was clearly better than those two. He said there were only two clearly better, Newton and Wilson.

Good point. I put them in the same category

Try reading the posts you are responding to before you project your insecurities onto other posters and attack their motivations. It would help your arguments tremendously.

Looked at Jarvis' twitter feed and his profile says "God, above all things." and I can only assume god=money.

Jarvis Landry's twitter feed is a pile of moose dung. Twitter in general is a pile of moose dung. What a completely worthless medium for any sort of communication that doesn't involve self-masturbatory garbage.

I want to say that I wouldn't read anything into what's posted on there, but he does seem to be using social media as his outlet to let everyone know what's on his mind. So yeah, maybe you're right.

Back
Top Bottom