Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

Twitter in general is a pile of moose dung. What a completely worthless medium for any sort of communication that doesn't involve self-masturbatory garbage.

That is completely absurd. The amount of words people use to communicate is irrelevant to a worthwhile discussion... I'll just assume you said this in jest.

That is completely absurd. The amount of words people use to communicate is irrelevant to a worthwhile discussion... I'll just assume you said this in jest.

No, I meant it. Twitter can be a good source for breaking news, since it's essentially a press release to the world. But every time I look at the comments on any post on twitter, or see any 'thread' for discussion, it's just the most information-deficient, idiotic garbage I've ever seen in my life. You can get better conversation out of a Siamese cat.

Jarvis Landry 'making progress' on contract
9405.jpg

Impending free agent Jarvis Landry says he's "making progress" in contract talks with the Dolphins.

"We're working," Landry said. "Hopefully it'll work into something." Landry's comments come one day after the Miami Herald guessed Landry will not be back in 2018. Landy said last week he's felt disrespected in talks. Reading the tea leaves since last summer, the Dolphins have given little indication they're willing to give Landry anything other than a team-

Ozzy rules!!

9405.jpg

Impending free agent Jarvis Landry says he's "making progress" in contract talks with the Dolphins.

"We're working," Landry said. "Hopefully it'll work into something." Landry's comments come one day after the Miami Herald guessed Landry will not be back in 2018. Landy said last week he's felt disrespected in talks. Reading the tea leaves since last summer, the Dolphins have given little indication they're willing to give Landry anything other than a team-

Ozzy rules!!
Sounds like his camp is realizing they ain't getting what they though they were.

9405.jpg

Ozzy rules!!
I watched the interview. Sounded more like PR talk than anything to me. I got the feeling his agent told him to shut up and be cordial. We shall see

Another home grown talent about to flourish elsewhere. This should make you steaming mad not shrug and say so what don't over pay him. He's worth every penny, again homegrown talent is how you stay together and build a nucleus to win together. Count how many Dolphins are flourishing on other teams because they either left via free agency or trade etc..........
He flourished here. It isn’t going to that he didn’t produce when he was here but rather his production doesn’t match what he wants.

Sounds like his camp is realizing they ain't getting what they though they were.

I think it could also be the realization that playing nice right now makes Jarvis look better to potential suitors in free agency.

I don't know what he will get in free agency, but I bet you it will be more than Miami has offered him so far.

Look, I don’t know any more than the next keyboard-warrior when it comes to future Dolphin moves, but I am pretty surprised that there is so much hemming and hawing over the Landry situation when the outcome is fairly obvious IMO:

Miami will try to sign Landry at reasonable market value in an attempt to make Landry feel respected, treated fairly and happy to remain a Dolphin. If that doesn’t happen, Miami will simply slap the transition tag on him. Franchise tagging him is pretty costly and the Transition Tag allows Miami to not bid against themselves. This allows them to let the open market dictate Landry’s value. Obviously, there’s a chance that a team with cap room is willing to drastically overpay for Jarvis in an attempt to scare Miami away from matching. If that happens, Miami can let him walk with the peace of mind of knowing that they didn’t bid against themselves, and that they didn’t overpay for an exclusive slot receiver.

I think it could also be the realization that playing nice right now makes Jarvis look better to potential suitors in free agency.

I don't know what he will get in free agency, but I bet you it will be more than Miami has offered him so far.
Too late to play nice for Jarvis. Teams aren't dummies, they know who Jarvis is and what they are getting. I expect him to get 10-12, maybe 12.5. I imagine that will be in the ballpark of the max offer from Miami too. As always, it comes down to guaranteed anyways.

Yes and apparently Tannehill's cousins are too. Grow up. Quit being threaten every time anyone had a different opinion than you. I like Tannehill, but he isn't god.

I'm thinking you either aren't familiar with the poster mentioned or you misunderstood my post. I didn't even get in to anything about Tannehill and I for sure don't go after people bc their opinion is different from mine so I'm not sure what exactly the attack was about.

Look, I don’t know any more than the next keyboard-warrior when it comes to future Dolphin moves, but I am pretty surprised that there is so much hemming and hawing over the Landry situation when the outcome is fairly obvious IMO:

Miami will try to sign Landry at reasonable market value in an attempt to make Landry feel respected, treated fairly and happy to remain a Dolphin. If that doesn’t happen, Miami will simply slap the transition tag on him. Franchise tagging him is pretty costly and the Transition Tag allows Miami to not bid against themselves. This allows them to let the open market dictate Landry’s value. Obviously, there’s a chance that a team with cap room is willing to drastically overpay for Jarvis in an attempt to scare Miami away from matching. If that happens, Miami can let him walk with the peace of mind of knowing that they didn’t bid against themselves, and that they didn’t overpay for an exclusive slot receiver.
We transition tagged clay. Look where that got us. No TE.

The Dolphins are like ebay losers who get sniped at the last second. There will ALWAYS be someone to bid higher than this front office. That's why we can't keep talent and are below mediocrity. Teams know we are cheap and clueless.

Let's OVERPAY a PRODUCER just for once. It won't hurt that much.

I know a lot of the guys in here who would let him walk, would NEVER let some defensive wharf-rat thug go under similar circumstances because they have the Kool-Aid defensive fetish and don't care about offense.

I want to see PRODUCTION from the WR core, not metrics and measureables. The paint by numbers guys all love the legadu naanees and leonte carroos and want to cut the Wes Welkers and Chris Hogans.

He might just stay in the division, the Jets have $100M in cap space.
I’d love the Jets to overpay for him; less money to spend on the million other needs they have. But I think Landry should probably go to a team that has a QB— unless he’s so good that he’s going to throw himself the ball.

We transition tagged clay. Look where that got us. No TE.

The Dolphins are like ebay losers who get sniped at the last second. There will ALWAYS be someone to bid higher than this front office. That's why we can't keep talent and are below mediocrity. Teams know we are cheap and clueless.

Let's OVERPAY a PRODUCER just for once. It won't hurt that much.

I know a lot of the guys in here who would let him walk, would NEVER let some defensive wharf-rat thug go under similar circumstances because they have the Kool-Aid defensive fetish and don't care about offense.

I want to see PRODUCTION from the WR core, not metrics and measureables. The paint by numbers guys all love the legadu naanees and leonte carroos and want to cut the Wes Welkers and Chris Hogans.

AFAIK, this has never been about production or not wanting him back. It's all about how much. Most here have a max $$ amount. Difference of opinion. OTOH, there are Somme unrealistic soul s who want to pay whatever he wants

I see this as a line-in-the-sand moment for the franchise.

Do we continue to lose key talent, or do we take a stand and keep the guy despite the price tag. Being 11-5 in future years is worth a $14 million investment.

We paid cutler $10 million for a one-off season. Let's lock up Landry for the remainder of Tannehill's prime years.

Back
Top Bottom