Terrible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible

PSU Cane

Starter
Super Donator
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, and i don't usually question Nick, but this pick is terrible in my opinion. This Miami team had many needs, OL, LB, DB and there are so many capable guys left on the board (Greenway, Justice, Lawson, Carpenter, Cromartie, Williams, Joseph) and they reach for a guy coming off a bad injury who was flagged by multiple teams in physicals? C'mon. They could have even traded down and got him later while getting another pick. I don't think Allen can play corner. Ho doesn't have the fluid hips to cover top NFL receivers. I think he can only play safety. I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Whitner and i think this is too high to take a safety with a questionable injury. Ugh.

The guy can hit, when he's not injured or getting run over. I'll come around eventually, but right now I'm mourning.

He might turn out to be a great player b/c he does have a ton of athletic ability, but as of right now, this minute, i can't get past his injury with how many holes our team has and the lack of picks we have to fill them.

well said ...this guy sucks as does the pick. what happened to lawson ? now all we have left is a 3rd and 4th and 3 ****ty 7th rd picks. oh boy i cant wait to see what we do next !!!!!!!!!!1

PSU Cane said:
I don't care what anyone says, and i don't usually question Nick, but this pick is terrible in my opinion. This Miami team had many needs, OL, LB, DB and there are so many capable guys left on the board (Greenway, Justice, Lawson, Carpenter, Cromartie, Williams, Joseph) and they reach for a guy coming off a bad injury who was flagged by multiple teams in physicals? C'mon. They could have even traded down and got him later while getting another pick. I don't think Allen can play corner. Ho doesn't have the fluid hips to cover top NFL receivers. I think he can only play safety. I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Whitner and i think this is too high to take a safety with a questionable injury. Ugh.

Last time i checked we had a glaring need at DB (corner or safety depending how you look at it). The team blitzes alot so it obvious that the team needed a safety that can cover and tackle. It was a smart move considering huff was gone.

we dont need a Tackle, so forget Justice. Do we need an OLB? We already have Hodge, Spragan, Pope. Yes we have so many CBs, but SAFETY is what we DONT have much of....we have Cooper, Bell, Tillman, and Hill...out of those guys, WHO is an absolute starter??? they are all decent guys who can improve....but NONE of them are starting material....possibly Deke Cooper. Allen was a good pick.....i just think we need to trade to get a 2nd

PSU Cane said:
Then draft a corner like Joseph and let Daniels play S (or Poole).

Allen is a better all around db than joseph. You dont find many guys with that kind of size that can cover and tackle not too mention his 40 time!

Poole is a corner not a safety. We needed help at safety. last time I checked we had nobody to fill the void when schulters left.

PSU Cane said:

A) There was no one to trade with. If you haven't noticed there's only been 2 trades and one of those was merely a one spot 6th round pick. The players are too closely together that no one wants to trade.

B) Jason Allen is EQUAL to Huff and they woulda battled for the first DB off the board if it wasn't for the hip injury.

C) Saban said they didn't pick Justice because they had a few defensive players on the board and that Carey "progressed very nicely last year".

D) Saban said the medical staff spent a lot of time with Allen and they cleared him without any real issue. Miami has one of the toughest medical staffs in the league (failed Brees on the physical and other players over the years that others passed).

E) Pro analysis:

Vic Carucci's Analysis
Allen gives the Dolphins a solid cornerback with impressive coverage skills. Nick Saban needed to fill that hole in his defense. And he needs good, lock-down corners to play the aggressive scheme he wants to play.

Gil Brandt: I don't think this is a reach. People were concerned about his hip, but otherwise he's a top-10 pick. I think they got great value. Saban tried to recruit him out of high school when he was the coach at LSU.

Pat Kirwan: A very talented guy. When he ran well before the scouts, it became clear his hip was OK. One of the three safeties in this draft who can play corner. He's fast and versatile, he can handle all kinds of matchup problems.

F) Height: 6-1 Weight: 208 40 Speed: 4.49
Miami now has the size Saban wants with 3 guys at 6-1 (Allen, Daniels, Tillman and 1 with 6'0 in Bell)

MustangFinFan said:
we dont need a Tackle, so forget Justice. Do we need an OLB? We already have Hodge, Spragan, Pope. Yes we have so many CBs, but SAFETY is what we DONT have much of....we have Cooper, Bell, Tillman, and Hill...out of those guys, WHO is an absolute starter??? they are all decent guys who can improve....but NONE of them are starting material....possibly Deke Cooper. Allen was a good pick.....i just think we need to trade to get a 2nd

I agree but I think its real hard to get a second at this time. It would have been nice but if saban can still pull it off than that will be aswesome...

PSU Cane said:

Gayest post I've ever read.

Are you guys serious? This guy is healthy, if he wasn't he wouldn't have ran and performed the way he did in the combine. He wouldn't have passed OUR team physical. This guy has talent and a ton of potential. When he makes the probowl and is a top saftey, all of you will eat your words because this is a good pick, whether we could of traded down or not. He's a playmaker and he will produce. IMO Allen > Whitner.

Back
Top Bottom