Terrible | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible

I hope so . . . all this debating is making me feel a little better about the pick. But the hip, the hip man! Why couldn't it be a shoulder! :judge:

outstanding post

VanDolPhan said:
A) There was no one to trade with. If you haven't noticed there's only been 2 trades and one of those was merely a one spot 6th round pick. The players are too closely together that no one wants to trade.

B) Jason Allen is EQUAL to Huff and they woulda battled for the first DB off the board if it wasn't for the hip injury.

C) Saban said they didn't pick Justice because they had a few defensive players on the board and that Carey "progressed very nicely last year".

D) Saban said the medical staff spent a lot of time with Allen and they cleared him without any real issue. Miami has one of the toughest medical staffs in the league (failed Brees on the physical and other players over the years that others passed).

E) Pro analysis:

Vic Carucci's Analysis
Allen gives the Dolphins a solid cornerback with impressive coverage skills. Nick Saban needed to fill that hole in his defense. And he needs good, lock-down corners to play the aggressive scheme he wants to play.

Gil Brandt: I don't think this is a reach. People were concerned about his hip, but otherwise he's a top-10 pick. I think they got great value. Saban tried to recruit him out of high school when he was the coach at LSU.

Pat Kirwan: A very talented guy. When he ran well before the scouts, it became clear his hip was OK. One of the three safeties in this draft who can play corner. He's fast and versatile, he can handle all kinds of matchup problems.

F) Height: 6-1 Weight: 208 40 Speed: 4.49
Miami now has the size Saban wants with 3 guys at 6-1 (Allen, Daniels, Tillman and 1 with 6'0 in Bell)

Thank god for your post!!!

With all the negative posts regarding Allen I was ready to run over to CVS
and purchase some razor blades to end my life since the Dolphins have BLOWN the draft and there is no hope even though we havent seen JA
play one down yet.

Let me spit out the Lexapro's I have been eating like M&Ms since #16 and
thank you Mr. VanDolPhan for putting things in the proper perspective
for me and the nay sayers.

outstanding choice at # 16

MiamiRon

outstanding post

VanDolPhan said:
A) There was no one to trade with. If you haven't noticed there's only been 2 trades and one of those was merely a one spot 6th round pick. The players are too closely together that no one wants to trade.

B) Jason Allen is EQUAL to Huff and they woulda battled for the first DB off the board if it wasn't for the hip injury.

C) Saban said they didn't pick Justice because they had a few defensive players on the board and that Carey "progressed very nicely last year".

D) Saban said the medical staff spent a lot of time with Allen and they cleared him without any real issue. Miami has one of the toughest medical staffs in the league (failed Brees on the physical and other players over the years that others passed).

E) Pro analysis:

Vic Carucci's Analysis
Allen gives the Dolphins a solid cornerback with impressive coverage skills. Nick Saban needed to fill that hole in his defense. And he needs good, lock-down corners to play the aggressive scheme he wants to play.

Gil Brandt: I don't think this is a reach. People were concerned about his hip, but otherwise he's a top-10 pick. I think they got great value. Saban tried to recruit him out of high school when he was the coach at LSU.

Pat Kirwan: A very talented guy. When he ran well before the scouts, it became clear his hip was OK. One of the three safeties in this draft who can play corner. He's fast and versatile, he can handle all kinds of matchup problems.

F) Height: 6-1 Weight: 208 40 Speed: 4.49
Miami now has the size Saban wants with 3 guys at 6-1 (Allen, Daniels, Tillman and 1 with 6'0 in Bell)

Thank god for your post!!!:dolphins:

With all the negative posts regarding Allen I was ready to run over to CVS
and purchase some razor blades to end my life since the Dolphins have BLOWN the draft and there is no hope even though we havent seen JA
play one down yet.

Let me spit out the Lexapro's I have been eating like M&Ms since #16 and
thank you Mr. VanDolPhan for putting things in the proper perspective
for me and the nay sayers.

outstanding choice at # 16

MiamiRon:tongue:

PSU Cane said:
I hope so . . . all this debating is making me feel a little better about the pick. But the hip, the hip man! Why couldn't it be a shoulder! :judge:
By know you know he was amazing at the combine and the medical staff cleared him to play (the same one that FAILED Brees). No worries :rawk:

PSU Cane said:
I don't care what anyone says, and i don't usually question Nick, but this pick is terrible in my opinion. This Miami team had many needs, OL, LB, DB and there are so many capable guys left on the board (Greenway, Justice, Lawson, Carpenter, Cromartie, Williams, Joseph) and they reach for a guy coming off a bad injury who was flagged by multiple teams in physicals? C'mon. They could have even traded down and got him later while getting another pick. I don't think Allen can play corner. Ho doesn't have the fluid hips to cover top NFL receivers. I think he can only play safety. I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Whitner and i think this is too high to take a safety with a questionable injury. Ugh.

Just shut up and get out of here. Sorry, but I am sick and tired of all these haters. You probably don't even know a thing about Allen. Let him play before you critique.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Just shut up and get out of here. Sorry, but I am sick and tired of all these haters. You probably don't even know a thing about Allen. Let him play before you critique.

You should learn to read an entire thread before sticking your foot in your mouth. If you read on you'd see he came around and only the injury worries him now. Eat your own advice.

We dont need OL.IT sounds like we might get walker.LB is a need but we needed to boost are secondary.it was a good pick.

PSU Cane said:
Like i said, if he turns out to stay healthy and become a great player, you guys will have been right and i'll be extrememly happy that i was wrong and this worried. But injuries like this do worry me. Allen had 1 great year, and one big injury. I've seen a hip injury ruin the career of Bo Jackson. I've seen injuries question marks hurt out drafted players in the past (Moore, Green, etc). And i've seen our coaches fall in love with players before and reach too early or pay too high a price. So of course i'm going to be pessimistic.

Jackson had a degenerative hip disease, much worse than a separation, which Allen had.

PSU, chill brother, we got a very good prospect at a position of great need. Look at Troy Polamalu of the Steelers and the way that he is used. Stop fretting over the injury. Do you really think Saban would draft damaged goods in the first round? Do you think Saban doesn't do his homework? He knows this player very well and pulled the trigger on him so be happy and look forward to the third round.

PSU Cane said:
I don't care what anyone says, and i don't usually question Nick, but this pick is terrible in my opinion. This Miami team had many needs, OL, LB, DB and there are so many capable guys left on the board (Greenway, Justice, Lawson, Carpenter, Cromartie, Williams, Joseph) and they reach for a guy coming off a bad injury who was flagged by multiple teams in physicals? C'mon. They could have even traded down and got him later while getting another pick. I don't think Allen can play corner. Ho doesn't have the fluid hips to cover top NFL receivers. I think he can only play safety. I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Whitner and i think this is too high to take a safety with a questionable injury. Ugh.
i will trust Nick over what you think. Thanks though:up:

It's not Saban i have to trust, it's the doctors. I have heard rumors that some doctors think the hip is degenerative while others don't. That's my only concern. Bo Jackson had the degenerative hip and Terrell Davis had the degenerative knee. I haven't always had the best luck with doctors myself, so maybe that's why i'm so negative about the injury.

VanDolPhan said:
You should learn to read an entire thread before sticking your foot in your mouth. If you read on you'd see he came around and only the injury worries him now. Eat your own advice.

Well when you pull up the draft forum and you see 4 threads saying, "Saban is dumb" or "I hate this pick!" It gets really annoying. I hate the lack of trust people have on this site and the criticism Jason Allen has already recieved.

Well this is a forum where the sole purpose is for people to express their opinions or debate opinions, so everyone is entitled to their own, whether you agree or not. If you are sick of it, you could leave. I'm not being a hater here, just a concerned fan about an injury.

Allen's a good pick......now we should be DONE drafting DB's so the focus in the 3rd and 4th can be LB's with maybe our 7th rounders being used on OL or WR/RB.

Back
Top Bottom