Terrible | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible

Couldn't we have traded down?? Now we have to wait 5-6 hours to draft in round 3. :(

VanDolPhan said:
A) There was no one to trade with. If you haven't noticed there's only been 2 trades and one of those was merely a one spot 6th round pick. The players are too closely together that no one wants to trade.

B) Jason Allen is EQUAL to Huff and they woulda battled for the first DB off the board if it wasn't for the hip injury.

C) Saban said they didn't pick Justice because they had a few defensive players on the board and that Carey "progressed very nicely last year".

D) Saban said the medical staff spent a lot of time with Allen and they cleared him without any real issue. Miami has one of the toughest medical staffs in the league (failed Brees on the physical and other players over the years that others passed).

E) Pro analysis:

Vic Carucci's Analysis
Allen gives the Dolphins a solid cornerback with impressive coverage skills. Nick Saban needed to fill that hole in his defense. And he needs good, lock-down corners to play the aggressive scheme he wants to play.

Gil Brandt: I don't think this is a reach. People were concerned about his hip, but otherwise he's a top-10 pick. I think they got great value. Saban tried to recruit him out of high school when he was the coach at LSU.

Pat Kirwan: A very talented guy. When he ran well before the scouts, it became clear his hip was OK. One of the three safeties in this draft who can play corner. He's fast and versatile, he can handle all kinds of matchup problems.

F) Height: 6-1 Weight: 208 40 Speed: 4.49
Miami now has the size Saban wants with 3 guys at 6-1 (Allen, Daniels, Tillman and 1 with 6'0 in Bell)

Well said! Keep in mind he ran a 4.41 at the combine, outstanding for a safety! No matter what move we make it seems there will always be people who will not only disagree but totally dog the decision. Allen has is a top 10 overall selection who fell down draft boards because of a hip injury in which he has fully recovered from. Enough said.

You guys need to get your facts straight before you dog this move!

uga3406 said:
well said ...this guy sucks as does the pick. what happened to lawson ? now all we have left is a 3rd and 4th and 3 ****ty 7th rd picks. oh boy i cant wait to see what we do next !!!!!!!!!!1

Do a little research buddy.

wasnt Boomer the one who predicted we would take Jason Allen??? if he says we wont trade for a 2nd, then my hopes are lost.

yeah, wake me up too in 5 hours when we pick next.

Boomer said:
Gayest post I've ever read.

And Boomer's ready a lot of G-H-E-Y posts. :tongue:

PSU Cane said:
Wow, tons of insight there.

He didn't have to. I gave you all the insight which you couldn't comment to. Boomer would only be repeating what I said with a couple extra comments.

never argue with Boomer...the guy is a football genius.

honestly....i think hes Saban in disguise. he seems to know more then Saban does.:lol:

Like i said, if he turns out to stay healthy and become a great player, you guys will have been right and i'll be extrememly happy that i was wrong and this worried. But injuries like this do worry me. Allen had 1 great year, and one big injury. I've seen a hip injury ruin the career of Bo Jackson. I've seen injuries question marks hurt out drafted players in the past (Moore, Green, etc). And i've seen our coaches fall in love with players before and reach too early or pay too high a price. So of course i'm going to be pessimistic.

PSU Cane said:
Wow, tons of insight there.

Allen - most athletic defensive back in the last 2 years. Can play corner or safety, tackles well, instinctive, was a top 10 pick before the hip injury. As for the injury, remember, Miami's medical testing is the toughest in the league. Drew Brees FAILED our medical. He passed New Orleans' who are pretty stringent. If Allen is passing our medical then he's OK. He's smooth, quick and has great feet.

Anything else?

Boomer said:
Allen - most athletic defensive back in the last 2 years. Can play corner or safety, tackles well, instinctive, was a top 10 pick before the hip injury. As for the injury, remember, Miami's medical testing is the toughest in the league. Drew Brees FAILED our medical. He passed New Orleans' who are pretty stringent. If Allen is passing our medical then he's OK. He's smooth, quick and has great feet.

Anything else?
:0wned:

Get em Boomer.

PSU Cane said:
Like i said, if he turns out to stay healthy and become a great player, you guys will have been right and i'll be extrememly happy that i was wrong and this worried. But injuries like this do worry me. Allen had 1 great year, and one big injury. I've seen a hip injury ruin the career of Bo Jackson. I've seen injuries question marks hurt out drafted players in the past (Moore, Green, etc). And i've seen our coaches fall in love with players before and reach too early or pay too high a price. So of course i'm going to be pessimistic.
Allen had two great seasons and a third in the making until his injury. His sophomore year he didn't start until midway into the season, and was awesome after the Alabama game when he finally got a big confidence boost. He shut down guys at corner his sophomore year, ask Kellen Winslow about him from '03......and then he led the SEC in tackles at FS his junior year. After watching him his senior year back at corner, he was well on his way to being an All-American until he was injured. He was shutting great recievers down....check Chad Jackson's stats against Tenn....and he was also laying down some of the biggest hits of his career. It's understandable to be cautious with a hip injury but it has been diagnosed for months now as non-degenerative.

allen110803lg-1.jpg

Again, i'm not going to question his athletic ability. Athletically, the guy is amazing. If not for his injury, i'd love this pick (i was a big fan of Whitner, who is a very similar player). But the injury worries me.

PSU Cane said:
Again, i'm not going to question his athletic ability. Athletically, the guy is amazing. If not for his injury, i'd love this pick (i was a big fan of Whitner, who is a very similar player). But the injury worries me.

hey come on....everyone was worried about Channing Crowder and his knees.....but look at him, hes amazing. People seem to be forgetting, Miami had the MOST STARTING ROOKIES last year. (Crowder, Daniels, Brown). i read that on espn...and im proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom