Texans' fans getting ornery | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans' fans getting ornery

AirChambers84 said:
so wait Wannys team in 04 was a better version than this one ? CRAP hehehh
Is Jay Fiedler still available ? They know nothing about this team they're clueless to the outside world.

it was the 03 Dolphins that lost to the Texans, and Miami won 10 games that year.

our team was totally unprepared to play football. It was a disgrace, I gave away my remaining tickets and rooted against Wanny from that day forward.

TheMageGandalf said:
Fiedler threw that INT, which lead to the field goal that won it for them remember?

Blame the Defense for not stopping them from getting that FG but if Fiedler doesnt start crap by throwing that pick, WE WIN.

I don't blame the D so much for that drive other than the 70+ yard TD they gave up to COREY BRADFORD :mad:

cnc66 said:
our team was totally unprepared to play football. It was a disgrace, I gave away my remaining tickets and rooted against Wanny from that day forward.

that's a little drastic being that to root against Wanny you have to root against Miami too.

Lets just say that game represented another sad chapter in Wannys Era and it shows he can not prepare his team for games properly!

wazzy said:
Lets just say that game represented another sad chapter in Wannys Era and it shows he can not prepare his team for games properly!

the worst thing about it was, as someone said on PhinFever.com at the time, it was the first regular season game after the Patriots disaster.

You wait all those months thinking things will change and it happens again!

I knew from that moment that the season was going to be a letdown in the end. They actually finished a respectable 10-6, better than I had feared, but games against Philly, and the first New England game, plus the embarassment against Tennessee showed our weaknesses.

FinsAreLife said:
why listen to them? we know their idiots...seriously, what has they're franchise done?

they skipped up on a tremendous back in reggie bush to get a defensive end....morons. we'll just stick it to em by kicking their a$$es when we play them.

ill make a prediction: Dolphins- 31
Texans- 10

:laughat: Texans

Saban's revamped younger faster defense, will NOT give up 10 against the Texans, maybe if they had taken a good running back maybe 10.

HAHA i guess your just being nice though. He will be renamed to david "hamburger" carr when JT and channing are done with him.

DolphinsFan23 said:
I was surprised the Texans picked Mario Williams #1. I would have picked Reggie Bush too. Maybe he'll end up being one of those guys who impressed everyone at the combine and ends up being a mediocre player in the NFL. Who knows? He better get lots of sacks this year or the Texan fans ain't gonna be happy. :tantrum:

I tell you what though, we better have a game plan where we double team him if he starts getting close to Daunte or Joey. Anyone with his strength, size (6'7", 300 lbs.) and can run a 4.66 40 needs to have some extra attention in the game plans. I hope Coach Houck is working hard with the offensive line on things like optimal blocking technique, footwork, leverage and so forth. I can't imagine getting sacked or hit at the line of scrimmage by a guy coming at you with that much momentum ...must be like getting hit by a freight train. :eek:

I really don't want to be beat this to death, but if Mario Williams is your guy, you trade out of the pick. I think they could have gotten a starter from the Jets, plus the two #1s that the Jets had. That would have been much better value than one player who was, for the most part, a workout warrior. I live in Tampa, and against USF, young Mario was an animal. But there are no USFs in the NFL. And I said earlier, in most games that MW played in college he didn't even get one sack.

I don't think we'll need to double team MW. I think we'll go with a straight blocking scheme, run the ball more than pass, and that will take care of itself. He won't be lining up and running a 40 against us. He'll be lining up and going against a well coached 300+ lb lineman. Then if he wants to run up field for 40 yards, have at it.

I don't know if the Fins will be a SB or even a playoff team this year..but I do expect them to beat the teams they are supposed to beat, because thats a sign of a well coached team and Nick Saban coaches very well. I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if we don't win the games in which we are favored. And I'll be shocked if we aren't favored against the Texans.

The Texans are not really quite as bad as last years record suggests. That said they arent that good either :rolleyes:

They were crazy to take Mario, but it could turn out big in a few years, still passing on Young and Bush really had a LOT of fans going WTF?!?!?! Still, I think you could compare their attitude right now to that of ours when we got Saban and started revamping our team.

They have a new coach and new system. Like us they have a solid core to work with with some great players, some decent and some crappy. Assuming they can get over their O-Line woes they should improve significantly.

Still, should be a solid W for us and if its not we are not nearly as good as we think we are. Score somewhere around 21-7 or so would be appropriate I think. Hopefully my tix get here soon :D

- Home for the Dolphins we should certainly win this one. We went into Miami and beat a better team then than the 2006 version. Daunte minus Randy Moss has yet to impress me; Chris Chambers is no Moss. The Dolphins D-Line is undersized, look for DD to have a big day.

Thats my favorite quote from 'bigtex' on the 3rd page. Either way the upset they served us last time will hopefully get the veterans to keep everyone on their toes.

insom187 said:
- Home for the Dolphins we should certainly win this one. We went into Miami and beat a better team then than the 2006 version. Daunte minus Randy Moss has yet to impress me; Chris Chambers is no Moss. The Dolphins D-Line is undersized, look for DD to have a big day.

Thats my favorite quote from 'bigtex' on the 3rd page. Either way the upset they served us last time will hopefully get the veterans to keep everyone on their toes.

Dude, put that top quote in the
Home for the Dolphins we should certainly win this one. We went into Miami and beat a better team then than the 2006 version. Daunte minus Randy Moss has yet to impress me; Chris Chambers is no Moss. The Dolphins D-Line is undersized, look for DD to have a big day.
[ quote ] ..... [ /quote ]

Otherwise, I was about to RIP into you. :lol:

Some of our fans sound like these guys. Anyway, where does a 2-14 team get off calling any other team a cakewalk. Better yet, how can you start predicting a 4-1 start? You just gotta chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom