Texans' fans getting ornery | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans' fans getting ornery

burger13 said:
It's not the point that they think they CAN win.......it's that they think that they WILL win. See the difference. They had the #1 overall pick, and they are using the word "cakewalk"

I don't know about any of you, but when we were going into '05 after a 4-12 season, I certainly didn't call any other team a cakewalk. :wink:

Lots of others on this board did. I remember people talking about the Browns as a cake walk, and how did that turn out?? I was just reading all the hrpe about some moron picking us to win the SB and everyone thought he was so smart. People on this board are just as bad as people on other boards. Everyone thinks there team is just a player or play away from being the best team in football.
Unless your the Pats and have done it a few times in recent years, then you are just dreaming. Just like us, until we do it we are just dreaming that it will happen. We are no closer to the SB than 10 other teams in the AFC. I feel we are headed in the right direction but a LOT of bad stuff could easily knock us off track. That is the fun part, sitting back and watching it happen. But the worst thing you can do is overrate your team and then be disappointed when they don't live up to your expectations.

KTOWNFINFAN said:
Lots of others on this board did. I remember people talking about the Browns as a cake walk, and how did that turn out?? I was just reading all the hrpe about some moron picking us to win the SB and everyone thought he was so smart. People on this board are just as bad as people on other boards. Everyone thinks there team is just a player or play away from being the best team in football.
Unless your the Pats and have done it a few times in recent years, then you are just dreaming. Just like us, until we do it we are just dreaming that it will happen. We are no closer to the SB than 10 other teams in the AFC. I feel we are headed in the right direction but a LOT of bad stuff could easily knock us off track. That is the fun part, sitting back and watching it happen. But the worst thing you can do is overrate your team and then be disappointed when they don't live up to your expectations.

great points, well said. I brought up the Browns in the Texans thread...any given Sunday. ..

You know, had Merril made the same prediction and inserted a different team what do you want to bet he'd be an idiot, no matter which of the 31 other teams he picked. I wonder what would be said;
"Pittsburgh"...Merrill's a Steeler homer, played for them so he's an idiot
"Patriots"...Merrill's is picking the popular team, riding the bandwagon doesn't he know Miami will sweep them, what an idiot.
"Colts"...Payton will choke again, he's incapable of winning the BIG one. What is Merrill thinking...idiot.
ad infinitum....

actually just thinking about that was fun...we are SUCH homers...I love us.

I wil be at that game, I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. about 3 hours away from Houston, I already bought my ticket, and I am looking forward to the Phins coming away with a victory, but it will not be an easy task. anytime you play on the road, you can not go in there thinking the is going to be an easy win.

burger13 said:
with not much else to talk about, I thought I'd post a link where the fans of the worst team in the league in 2005 talk about the Phins as one of their first 5 "victims". :lol:

http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1146868008/0

I guess if you can't think that your team is better than they are, there's no point in being a sports fan.

Here are some good quotes:

It looks like Texans' fans are drinking the cool aid again.

Last time I checked David Carr can't throw flat on his back, or on his face or on his ***. Either way with that O line they are pretty ****ed.

they should be crying aboutnot taking bush...DD might be hurt come game 4

KTOWNFINFAN said:
Exactly. Sometimes I think if we don't come right out of the gates like Secretariat come September, this board will implode.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Puh leeze. This guy didn't get a sack in the something like 65% of the games he played in. And thats in college.

I would say the odds are better that they get the #1 pick again in next years draft than it is that they win any one of those first five games.

Mario Williams was the worst first draft pick since Tim Couch. I would bet anyone that (if they both stay healthy) Reggie Bush will have more TDs than Mario Williams will have sacks.

I understand being a fan and all, but seriously, this franchise has been nothing if not inept since its inception. If I was fan of the Texans, I would be too busy trying to call attention to my own sorry ownership to have time talking smack about beating any NFL team other than possibly Green Bay or Buffalo.

I was surprised the Texans picked Mario Williams #1. I would have picked Reggie Bush too. Maybe he'll end up being one of those guys who impressed everyone at the combine and ends up being a mediocre player in the NFL. Who knows? He better get lots of sacks this year or the Texan fans ain't gonna be happy. :tantrum:

I tell you what though, we better have a game plan where we double team him if he starts getting close to Daunte or Joey. Anyone with his strength, size (6'7", 300 lbs.) and can run a 4.66 40 needs to have some extra attention in the game plans. I hope Coach Houck is working hard with the offensive line on things like optimal blocking technique, footwork, leverage and so forth. I can't imagine getting sacked or hit at the line of scrimmage by a guy coming at you with that much momentum ...must be like getting hit by a freight train. :eek:

I cant wait I will be attending this game. When reading these things though you have to remember that they are Texans fans, they are just confident in their team as we are ours. Truthfully this should be a good game. But if we stay healthy and C-pepp is back by then, we should not lose this game.

DolphinsFan23 said:
I was surprised the Texans picked Mario Williams #1. I would have picked Reggie Bush too. Maybe he'll end up being one of those guys who impressed everyone at the combine and ends up being a mediocre player in the NFL. Who knows? He better get lots of sacks this year or the Texan fans ain't gonna be happy. :tantrum:

I tell you what though, we better have a game plan where we double team him if he starts getting close to Daunte or Joey. Anyone with his strength, size (6'7", 300 lbs.) and can run a 4.66 40 needs to have some extra attention in the game plans. I hope Coach Houck is working hard with the offensive line on things like optimal blocking technique, footwork, leverage and so forth. I can't imagine getting sacked or hit at the line of scrimmage by a guy coming at you with that much momentum ...must be like getting hit by a freight train. :eek:

Mario Williams will forever be linked with Reggie Bush. This guy better be the second coming of Reggie White to justify drafting him instead of Reggie.

Alright, alright.

Texans vs. Dolphins

Dolphins 84 Texans 3

You heard it here first.............:bravo:

PhinFan0202 said:
It's called a fluke. Wanny's play calling is what messed up that game for us.

More like a complete defensive collapse and a Fiedler turnover fest.

Back
Top Bottom